Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Jerros1 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
I enjoy being able to use my controller, but why is the dialogue box so huge covering the entire screen? Its awful. I like being able to actually see the characters that I'm talking to instead of just the dialogue box and portrait. Any chance this will be changed? If not I can stick to Mouse and Keyboard. Just seems a shame to add controller support but give us such a intrusive interface along with it.

journeyman
journeyman
I think they mainly developed the the controller support for couch play. It would be tough to see the dialog on a tv if it was any smaller.

J
Jerros1 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
If that's the case then why add controller support to the PC version at all? This could easily have been a choice/option of preference as to interface size and setup for PC users. Ah well, I'll stick to mouse and keyboard.

S
S
Because you can actually play on a PC from your couch just as well as a console.

J
Jerros1 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Wait a minute, there are plenty of console based RPGs that don't cover the entire screen with a text box. Come on now, are you dudes kidding me? Not to mention that would only make sense if there were no such thing as big screen HD TVs. Who on earth is playing this game on some small ancient tube tv? Seriously, there is a better way to set up the dialogue boxes.

journeyman
journeyman
Well, I like the text size for couch play, and I think most people do. I've even heard some reviewers complain about stuff being hard to read on console, not that I agree. You can't make everyone happy, and they have put a lot of work into fitting most console players tastes. I guys they could have cut up the text by lines and make it more like subtitles, but that might be annoying for co-op play, when joining in the middle of a conversation. Maybe someone will make a mod for the master race smile

P
stranger
stranger
P
I really wish the developers would add an option like this as I agree with the original poster--there's so much dialogue in the game it's annoying not to be able to see the character talking. just endless read screens. I don't see why that option would do anything to hurt the people who are playing on TV.

There is actually a mod someone made but it is a little bit buggy. Would be better to have a developer option which would take 2 secs.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/435150/discussions/0/3223871682620954661/

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard