Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
As a new player, the biggest negative to the game I find is the amount of time it takes to heal and resurrect my party after a battle. Teleporting back to town, individually moving my team into a bed and waiting for them to heal. Possibly having to walk to a vendor and buy some more resurrect scrolls, traipsing back to my dead party member to resurrect them; who may also need resting in a bed. I'm not sure the game even told me sleeping in a bed heals your health.

Am I doing something wrong, can this be sped up?

Thanks

apprentice
apprentice
Hydrosophist skill Water of Life heals in an area.
If you have full Zombies party you can heal them with poison barrels if there are some around or cast the Geomancer spell Deadly Spores (note that it's a master level) or the poison field just north of the Cyseal north portal.
Try to engage enemies that are at your level or lower and you won't die so much.

Last edited by xiery; 08/11/15 01:48 PM.
S
S
Yeah stop dying for one. If you are dying so much that you can't carry enough resurrect scrolls, you probably are doing something wrong.

I've never even used beds intentionally myself. I usually dip my characters into Hydro-1 and learn Regeneration very early in the game if not during character generation. Having the ability to heal any party member from any party member really helps in some of the early fights.

Zombie though is absolutely overpowered once you get poison dart at level 6. Poison dart costs less AP than regeneration, heals more, has a shorter cooldown, and leaves a small ooze pool at your feet that you can pass your other party members through to heal up after combat without needing several casts. Then it gets REALLY OP when you start spamming poison cloud arrows, but that's another story.

Oh, and enemies NEVER cast healing on your zombie party members, even on tactician. They do however continue to use poisons, completely oblivious to the fact that it helps instead of harms you. Poisons also happen to be the most common non-physical damage type in the game.

Last edited by Sotanaht; 08/11/15 03:26 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Resurection scrolls are fairly limited in the early parts of the game, so it's wise to invest in healing items and skills early.

1 point in Hydro gets you regenerate. 1 Point in Man-at-Arms gets you Cure Wounds, the latter beeing more of a emergency heal for the tank-type character(once per combat).

Then you need someone to craft potions, to make a ton of minor healing potions. They are only 2 AP pr. use, and you easily find/buy the ingredients for creating a lot of these.

Steal all the things in the city, and sell them to vendors. Especially pictures on walls and golden cups, plates, forks. Then buy all crafting ingredients and potions.

Also if you warp to the North Gate waypoint when someone is dead, their corpse follows and is now on the ground at the waypoint. So go to market,buy scroll, warp back to the gate and necromance.

And if you like the bed-thing better, the tavern in Silverglen has a room with beds for all of the pary on the second floor.

But it would be nice if I could craft a portable bed, it is a bit annoying waiting for the cooldowns when I must heal my entire pary from near-dead.

C
C
I think the most useful advice for your level is to have (at least) one character with 1 point in hydrosophist, as aguds pointed at, and take the healing spell. You can use it to heal back all your characters once out of combat (but it takes time too because of the cooldown).

A second point in hydrosophist lets you take another healing spell, Water of Life, which xiery pointed at. This speeds up regeneration outside of combat (and in combat aswell, so you will be less likely to die).

Note that better than to heal (and resurrect people) is to not let them take damage in the first place. Controlling ennemies is very effective in this game (as they do no damage and they get killed down faster).

stranger
stranger
Just throwing it out there that food is amazing and very, very overlooked.

A TL;DRmancer is never late. He always shows up when there's a need for walls of text.
X
apprentice
apprentice
X
You know.. I think everyone missed the point.

OP didn't say "Healing is HARD and I'm having a hard time healing"

OP said "Healing is a tedious process and is there an easier way?".

To which I say... I would really be nice if there was a "Toggle" on characters that would make them AUTO-CAST any healing spell they have when out of combat.. because yeah, its a bit stupid that my characters are just standing there at 10hp when they have a spell that can heal them that costs NO resources...

X
apprentice
apprentice
X
Originally Posted by Xionanx
You know.. I think everyone missed the point.

OP didn't say "Healing is HARD and I'm having a hard time healing"

OP said "Healing is a tedious process and is there an easier way?".

To which I say... I would really be nice if there was a "Toggle" on characters that would make them AUTO-CAST any healing spell they have when out of combat.. because yeah, its a bit stupid that my characters are just standing there at 10hp when they have a spell that can heal them that costs NO resources...

I think its the other way around - everyone understood. They are basically telling OP he \ she is healing in the wrong way.

veteran
veteran
As the others have already said: When you need many resurrection you are doing something wrong.
Some advice:

- CC the enemy. Enemies that are stunned, knockdown, frozen, petrified and so on cannot damage you. The best CC is charm, because you gain a meat shield and enemies start killing each other.

- Use summons as meat shield. Place your summons close to the enemies and your chars attack from the distance. Your mage could sneak to the enemies (No skill neccessary, you only need to get 15 meters close) and summons a fire elemental in the middle of the enemies. Next turn he throws a fireball, damaging all enemies who gather to bash the elemental and healing your elemental. Every char should posess at least one summon spell.

- Each char should have at least one healing ability. One char should get the regenerate spell at character creation.

When I play, usually every char uses his healing spell on himself (if he is damaged at all) and everybody is fine. I never needed to use beds or food.

Zombie may be interesting for a later playthrough, but then all your chars should be zombies with all those ooze around. And you must be careful with enemy fire spells (and your own).

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard