Print Thread
Page 13 of 57 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 56 57
G
addict
addict
G
Stuck - cant continue bug - cant close dialog with guard

How to make it.
1. Wolgraf steal in Evelyn's shop. Not chained to rest of party. Multiplayer is not active.
2. Wolgraff spotted so Guards called
3. Wolgraff make Shadow walk and run away
4. Other party members, stay in shop. None attacked them
5. Main character talks to the called Guard in the shop. (I wish I could convince them to let Wolgraff go, pay a fee or something)
6. Dialog window popups, but no text from guard, no option to answer, no way how to end dialog. Just empty window.
7. Also tried to attack talking guard with another char, but it seems the persons in dialog are invulnerable.
8. Cant continue ---> an old save used :-/

Last edited by gGeo; 10/11/15 01:35 PM.
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I would like to add that the Bow Kit does not function. I have gathered parts 1, 2 and 3, and they will not combine. Also, I seem to be missing the point of the weapon kits. They seem pretty useless, so is there a point to them?

I am also a bit perplexed by the fact that there doesn't seem to be a resolution to the "acting quest."

R
stranger
stranger
R
[quote=Adrian Pedersen]I would like to add that the Bow Kit does not function. I have gathered parts 1, 2 and 3, and they will not combine. Also, I seem to be missing the point of the weapon kits. They seem pretty useless, so is there a point to them?

I am also a bit perplexed by the fact that there doesn't seem to be a resolution to the "acting quest." [/quote]

Yeah the acting quest seemed completely worthless and without any conclusion since you still get the head through the old way. I tried using the crowd warmer to support my own show and then perfected the both acts but no long term effect, just some praise, no experience or anything. Talking to the old woman you can still only ask how you can start your theatrical career.

Item stacking is still a mess, sometimes the same item stacks with itself and sometimes it doesn't. Examples fire essences, mushrooms, feathers. Tons of others as well, too many to remember and list. Seems like there are multiple versions of the same item in the game which sometimes even don't function in the same way.
You can use some leather helmets in crafting and others don't work. Same item, same name, different level requirement and stats but one could be used in recipes and the other was invalid combination.

Other things with crafting, standing near a water barrel doesn't register when using recipes menu. Water barrel icon in recipes menu is oil barrel. Stardust+Bonedust doesn't record as a recipe.
You can use travelling cooking station or an oven to smelt steel and ore but they also don't register as a furnace when using recipes list.

Weapon stat inconsistencies, crafting a bow at lvl 7 with 4 crafting resulted in a bow with higher dmg and +speed while making a bow at lvl 9 with 5 crafting gives less dmg and no speed bonus. Daggers seem to also have varying stats regardless of level requirement in a similar fashion.
Probably other weapons too which I don't use in my party.

In combat hostile NPCs sometimes miss their spells and arrows at the ground or trees or whatever instead of the party member they were aiming for. You can cast Bitter Cold spell without seeing the enemy seems to be inconsistent with other spells which all seem to require vision.

Last edited by Ronski; 10/11/15 05:40 PM. Reason: typos
veteran
veteran
[Linked Image]
When I want to throw the box, I also lift up the barrel. The only way to seperate them was to pull one of them into my inventory, then throw it somewhere.

This seems to be related to the problem that containers can fall into the ground when I move a nearby container. There seems to be a collision problem. I have never seen this in the original game (not EE).

PS: I want to see the mouse cursor on my screenshots. How can this be done?

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Madscientist

Only with 3rd party software. Sadly impossible with Steam overlay iirc.

Last edited by LordCrash; 10/11/15 08:08 PM.

WOOS
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Adrian Pedersen
I am also a bit perplexed by the fact that there doesn't seem to be a resolution to the "acting quest."

Ask Chaucer or whoever what he thinks of your performance and (if you did a good job), he'll reward you with cold hard cash. (once for a one-man show and once for a two-man show).

D
stranger
stranger
D
I experience a number of issues with the interface not updating correctly.

* Health bars often show I'm at 2/3 HP when initially loading the game but usually updates once I take damage.
* Game occasionally loads with reduced character stats and thus I can't equip anything.
* Debuffs sometimes don't report their duration properly and will show the max numbers of rounds until they where off.
* Character buffs often don't show up next to the character pane in the top left, but will show on the target pane if I select myself.
* The turn indicator at the top often doesn't correctly report who is attacking.

The game mechanics seems to work correctly in all of these cases except the stat reduction. It's just the UI that has issues.

Thanks!

F
stranger
stranger
F
I've been playing through co-op on Steam with a friend. Here are the things that we've been encountering:

-Health bars on the left side of the HUD sometimes display as not full health for the non-hosting player, when in actuality they are full
-Status effects, debuffs, and skill cooldowns often do not countdown until complete, i.e. stun will show 2 turns until it's gone, rather than 2->1->gone. Skill cooldowns will show how many turns left if moused over, but the ticking shader will often be incorrect.
-Turn order at the top of the battle HUD will frequently get stuck, and misrepresent actual HP bar values.
-Skill bar at the bottom of the HUD sometimes disappears for the non-hosting player. Reappears after a save/reload.
-This has only happened once so far, but ALL skill AP costs were inexplicable increased for the non-hosting player. Most were increased by 2; Farseer was a particular offender, going from a cost of 2 to a cost of 6. Persisted after battle. Fixed upon save/reload.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by LordCrash

Only with 3rd party software. Sadly impossible with Steam overlay iirc.

- I will never get a game on steam as long as I can get it from gog. For a screenshot I press the print key and paste it to paint.

- What software would you suggest? It should be for free, it would be nice to make videos and it would be even nicer if you could make a video that shows only a selected part of the screen.

Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Steam Patch Notes:

Hotfix version 2.0.100.40
10. November - DeathKnight

Hi everyone,

We got some reports about people liking and using the auto-stacking in containers, so we put that back. So if you now pick up arrows or give arrows to your ranger that was keeping them in a backpack, they will automatically end up in that backpack again!

However, items will not, of course, automatically stack in any locked containers that you are carrying. So here's a hotfix for that!

We also fixed a lever in Hiberheim not reacting the way it should, and if you had a savegame made in Luculla Forest that crashed the game, it'll now work again!

Here's a detailed changelist:

Fixed unlocking the lever in Hiberheim with a key
Fixed icon and text for containers that were already opened and empty
Pickpocket crash fix for taking items that had no weight
Fixed a leak in video playback thread
Items automatically stack if character already had item in container (e.g. backpack, chest, crate) unless that container is locked
Lucky find effect fixed
Fixed crash that happened for some savegames that were made in Luculla forest (trying to destroy troll dropping)

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Here's another bug for you, pretty nasty.
http://imgur.com/a/JaVcn
Creatures refuse to attack even if attacked. It was introduced with the last hotfix.

Last edited by Scrubwave; 11/11/15 11:28 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
cannot update the game, steam gives me "Invalid Depot Config" line

veteran
veteran
Wolgraff suddenly forgets that he's mute if you are controlling him and have him hit buttons or levers. "I wonder what that just did?"

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I don't know what happened with the hotfix, but several things has changed. This is in a new game, Explorer mode on PC.

Suddenly, individual items don't stack. You will find 3 arrow shafts that won't stack with other arrow shafts, or a single ruby that won't stack with others, despite having the same values.

Item drops and treasure is still messed up. The problem I described in my list on page 7 of this thread, persists: You can find three identical magic items in the same area. I just found two similar daggers in the same room.

Also, and this is probably related to the problem above, the "item of the week"-bug keeps on going. Example: In my current game, every single merchant stacks a copious supply of yellow dye. So far, no other color has been available. In my first playthrough, I didn't find a single water balloon or oil flask, now they're everywhere, usually in stacks.

I'm no expert, but I think there is something fundamentally wrong in how items are generated, which affects a lot of situations throughout the game.

Last edited by Adrian Pedersen; 11/11/15 06:54 PM.
veteran
veteran
- What software would you suggest? It should be for free, it would be nice to make videos and it would be even nicer if you could make a video that shows only a selected part of the screen.

I have actually no clue if there is any recording software that is capable of doing so (especially no freeware), sorry.

WOOS
veteran
veteran
Update on my bugs/issues list (Steam, newest version)

1) multiple AI freezes (enemies just don't act at all until their timer runs out, e.g. frost wolves in Hiberheim)
2) "Blind" effect doesn't work at all (enemies and own chars can still target everyone as they like).
3) The teleporter pyramids quest stays active in journal and shows no progress after the initial entry even if you found the second one and picked it up in the mayor's back room in Cyseal.
4) Sam's collar stay in inventory although the quest is finished and Sam visually wears the collar himself during the last dialogue.
5) Quest items for finished quests stay generally in the inventory, can't be dropped and litter up the inventory over time (e.g. bloody dagger, smelly boots, etc).
6) Steam cloud saves take extremely long to upload, prevents game from being restartedagain shortly after closing it (>30 seconds)
7) There is a missing sound file in dialogue with Jareth if you have Bairdotr in your party (line begins with "You selfish, selfish girl...")
8) The whole Immaculates initiation quest is kind of non-sensical if you're already immune against rot (e.g. if you've already done Brandon's quest). That the game forces you to use the blood stone during the initiation quest to cure that alleged rot infection even if you're already immune and don't suffer of rot is even more non-sensical.
9) There is STILL no way to find out in which order you have to press the buttons in the secret library in the Immaculate's cathedral. Hardcore is great, but you should have at least a fair chance to find a solution without pointless trial-and-error.
10) It's not possible to craft the special bow with "Bow part I" and "Bow part II" even if you have crafting on 5.

WOOS
journeyman
journeyman
I just put all the finished quest items into a barrel or chest as I go along to keep my inventory clear of them.

Yeah, headvice does damage but the "blind" is broken. They still run up and hit you or the rangers target you.

The pyramid quest did close in my log so it must be an occasional bug that doesn't always happen.

On the initiation quest: maybe it is like the first time you encounter a stone; you don't need healing but it reacts to your presence anyway as it did in Cyseal.

Yes there are clues to solve the order of the buttons in the temple. Without spoiling I'll say read and look carefully while in the library.

veteran
veteran
- In the brothel room in silverglenn are several weapons. Among those were two daggers and one 2h sword, all with 2/10 durability. Their prize was shown with several hundred gold. I repaired the daggers and they were worth 1g. I could not repair the sword or melt it to an iron bar. All weapon like items in this room are somehow bugged.

- I was fighting the single spider egg in the northern part of the second map (near the imaculate trail). The egg did not give any exp. I reloaded, started combat and waited until the spider is there. I killed the spider and got exp. In the original game the eggs gave exp too. There is no reason to punish the player for killing enemies fast.

- In the questlog I selected the option to show only active quests. When I quit the game and continue later, all quests (including finished ones) are shown again.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I am currently in a multiplayer playthrough with a friend of mine (Steam - PC) and we seem to have hit a dead end. The issue lies within the Homestead and more precisely it lies with Zixzax. After having opened the portal to The Hall of Dark (Respec Demon's crib) Zixzax won't leave his spot next to the portal and continues to implore us to "Leap through" and "Wonder what awaits us".

No matter how many stones we use (3 more since opening the Hall of Darkness (which makes 10 in total)) none move Zixzax from his spot.

One thing I recall being weird and different compared to the beta version of the non-enhanced version is that very early in the game I (my main character and companion; my friend and his companion did not teleport along) was teleported to the Hall of Darkness where I could talk to Moloch. This was before we even set foot inside the Homestead for the first time (or so I recall). I returned back to where I was and it never happened again.

Now I do wonder how we could get Zixzax to stop being a mong and continue granting us the sweet Homestead areas. Anyone have a fix for this? Thanks in advance.

T
stranger
stranger
T
EMPTY CHESTS!
Potentially a bug.

I think just yesterday I noticed that every chest I open, its empty. I have opened 4 so far and all empty. 4 in a row! Thats very odd for any RPG. Furthermore, I don't recall these chests being empty in the non-enhanced edition.

Page 13 of 57 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard