Next Thread
Print Thread
M
merk Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
My wife and I are planning to play DOS and I would like to know which version is preferred. We can play on two separate PCs or on a single PS4. We usually play something on the PS4 an hour or two each night, so when DOS came up recently, I suggested we might get it on Steam, but I'm not sure if we will enjoy it as much if we have to sit at a PC to play.

I guess I just want to know if the PC is preferrable for any major reasons or if perhaps the PS4 experience is so good that it is actually preferred.

Thanks!

X
apprentice
apprentice
X
The PC version is superior.

Why? Because you get the best of BOTH worlds. Want to use a controller and play like you would on the PS4, you can. Want to use a Keyboard and Mouse instead, you can. Want to install a mod or two, you can.

With the PS4 Version you are stuck with a controller and you have no mod support.

Graphics are the Same
Audio is the Same
etc etc..

PC is the way to go.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Seems like a nobrainer to me too. If your PCs are powerful enough, definitely play on PC. Console versions have no modding support at all. Also, even though I am using a controller, I turn off the game's default controller support and use Xpadder to map my keys, because the default controller UI is horrid compared to the keyboard and mouse UI.

O
stranger
stranger
O
I have never played the PC version of DOS and can't really weigh in on which is the "Best" but I will confirm that the PS4 version is incredibly fun to play. I picked it up last week and my wife and I have really enjoyed ourselves thus far. This is the closest thing to actual tabletop D&D I have ever encountered and the ability to play from the comfort of our living room is a definite plus. I personally think you can't go wrong just as long as you play this game.

Last edited by Overseeker; 16/11/15 07:04 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard