Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
i have just finished this masterpiece on hardest difficulty on ps4 after having played it for 100 hours. thank you for bringing such epic game to consoles, it's been years and years since ive last experienced such joy (ff x, for instance). the game has impressed me much more than witcher 3 did, even though its clear they were both outstanding. however, not everything is so bright on the rivellon side. very much like in tw3, late fights get easier as you level up your character. in fact, they become so easy they end in couple turns. killing final boss was the biggest dissapointment i have ever experienced. it literally took 2 turns. it is not something you'd expect from toughest RPG of 2015. only decent fights were against groups of enemies 2-3 levels higher. game like this deserves New Game+ mode like no other game does.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I played the original edition through once, on normal mode, after starting over twice. By the end of that playthrough most fights went like... buff the rogue, use the rogue to cc or kill 2-4 mobs each turn while my other characters held aggro and cc'ed the rest. It was way too easy and yeah for me, it was more and more easy as the story played out.

So when EE was released I am playing through again on Tactical mode and so far the hardest time I had was getting from the boat landing spot to Cyseal >.< The fights aren't as mindless so far but I'm starting to think that I'll once again be kind of bored with the combat more and more as the game goes on. The sparkmaster5000 was a fun fight that took a few tries, but I just crushed the source abomination... I am really surprised how easy that fight was, I'm not sure if the oil and poison traps are supposed to make it harder for you to escape, or easier to kill the abom, either way it was a pretty big disappointment. On the first edition the abom was my favorite fight, it ended with my rogue kiting/killing and Jahan tanking around 9 crabs... that sh*t was fun :)

anyways, is there an encounter after the void dragon in EE? If not, how on earth did you kill it in 2 turns??? was it nerfed that hard? I found it pretty easy too on my first playthrough, but it took me a lot more than 2 turns.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
The void dragon has 3500 hp with 0% physical resists, 150% tenebrium and 50% everything else. Poor guy isn't even poison immune.
It's really simple to kill it in 1 turn with just 2 party members:
- oath/wildfire/bless/rage/powerstance a dualwield warrior, autoattack
- lower will/soulsap/lower resist and throw arrow spray/dual or 2hander flurry/a master nonearth spell at it

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
it is the last fight, sadly. Leandra fight was fun, but that's about it.

M
stranger
stranger
M
ahh ok. Sounds even easier than before. Thanks for the info.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Sorry for being off topic, but can you tell me how you managed to workaround the luculla forest bug ? My game is currently unplayable because of it and tech support told me not expect a patch to hit consoles until mid December.

Last edited by Momurdamo; 20/11/15 07:44 AM.
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
excuse me what bug u talking about? thing is i didn't really follow the story (i first cleared luculla forest and then hiberheim) so i must've "skipped" some of the bugs.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Basically it involves all your save files randomly becoming corrupted whenever you visit or teleport to luculla forest. It seems like you just got lucky and avoided the bug altogether.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
oh, i had another sort of a bug. with grutilda fight. i teleported from the city b4 the fight started and then came back (after that i had to start it manually) and all saves after that went corrupted (wouldnt load). i had to load again b4 the fight and do it properly.

apprentice
apprentice
I would like some kind of NG+ as well.. But i also dont mind the combat, as i doint spec my team for full on combat.. It does make it easier, so i actually use Barter, Pickpocket, Lockpicking, Charisma, Lucky Charm, etc.. I set my characters up, the way i want them to be (role-play)...

When you spend all your points on combat abilities, your going to be the most efficient killing machine posssible.. Ofcourse its going to be easier.. But, for those that do roleplay, combat needs to still be possible for groups not min/max for most efficient combat effectiveness..

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
this doesnt justify end game boss 3500 hp not resistant to any effects, lol. trying to do second run on honour mode with 2 lone wolfs. will be fun.

stranger
stranger
I just finished a run through in normal, and I definitely saw this with last boss. I wasn't even specced for a munchkin dps group, aka lots of "wasted" points experimenting. But I sent Madora to get in range on the last boss, she got oath on the way, flurry next round, dead. Huh. Leandra wasn't even that challenging either.

I'm ok with that. Restarting can be painful. Respeccing, while easy past a certain point, is still a real PITA. Especially on a mage or anything where you have to go vendor farm/make many replacement skills. Having someone be able to just finish it on normal their first run without research and co-playing with a friend who just wants to cook things and talk is not a bad thing for a game. And if they know the co-player is brand spanking new and they are too, there is even an easy. Its nice to have a resurgence of RPGs and this is a neat one, so some accessibility is good for Larian and the genre imho.

However, if a lot of the usual customers are beating honor mode soonish then I do see what you say and asking for an even higher difficulty then would be fair. That would extend the longevity of this game for the tight-planning number crunching fans, and by then most have seen the story many times. Most of the interesting choices left will be inside the combat.

Originally Posted by Hechicera
a friend who just wants to cook things and talk

Oh god I need one of these :P

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard