Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 57 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 56 57
apprentice
apprentice
I just went through the ruined villa last night. What would have been really entertaining turned out to be the only frustrating case of necessitated constant save-loading I've experienced in the game.

I used two characters, a rogue and mage, unchained to navigate through the rooms. When I stopped one on the edge of dangerous terrain, like poison, and switched to the other, the first character who should now be idle apparently thinks he's standing in dangerous terrain so he moves out of the way immediately--invariably moving THROUGH said dangerous terrain and causing poisoning and usually explosions. The same thing happened in the poison 'garden' prior to the villa. There seems to be fuzziness around AI automatically relocating from dangerous terrain so that if they're even close to it (not necessarily in it) they'll relocate, and when they relocate they don't mind truly endangering themselves. This is making navigating heavily trapped areas which should be a lot of fun anything but.

I'd like the ability to truly stop characters who aren't chained to the currently active character.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I hope that the next patch will be bigger and will fix more issues than the last 2 patches...!!!

old hand
old hand
Playing on Tactician... Still early game, this is going to be an epic long play-through as it is couch coop with the Mrs's. But one thing I noticed is we always have had first dibs in a fight 1-4, that is a huge advantage.

What I'm finding is I need to edit the files to a whopping -8 initiative to get a mix of all characters in a fray to have various combat orders each time. I still get a lot of at least two players first, but I do see mid and late placement of my chars order as well now.

But -8? That is telling me I'm fighting baddies with Zero initiative (lol sometimes they act that way to), as my 4 chars right now are 6-8-8-8 in init. Shouldn't this be tweaked some? It doesn't feel right to me I'm always first.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Also, it's very strange that Hydrosophist doesn't have access to six Novice skills. One of the Adept-tier skills should really be moved down, because currently the class is at a disadvantage. Even if something like Cleansing Water is moved down and given a level requirement (10?) that would help balance it out, but being one skill behind every other discipline makes Hydro an unappealing choice.

veteran
veteran
I was fighting in the temple of the imaculates (The one where I can find Leandras blood, the entrance room with the altar). When my summoned fire elemental died, it looks like its remains are floating in the air. I thing the reason is that it was standing on the stairs to the altar when it died. Maybe there is a general problem with dead creatures on slopes in cRPGs, because in PoE was a similar problem.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
stranger
stranger
Unsure if this is on here, as I haven't read all pages since my last post. On Steam/PC major achievement hiccup. Going to describe as low spoiler as I can.

I do not have Jahan in my party, and never ever in EE at all have I so much as recruited him. Never, he is still in his original spot. I do have Madora.

I'm near the end and have finished the part where I should get Madora's achievement. I noticed less dialog, I had to manually converse with her to see her resolution, no ! indicator over her when she had new dialog options during that area.

After the part was finished that should have resulted in her achievement, I got no achievement. I got the achievement FOR JAHAN though when after the fight where he would have dialog if he were in my party.

Steam profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/hechicera_on_steam

You can see my EE cheevo list, and Jahan's is there, no Madora.

J
stranger
stranger
J
I saw this mentioned in another thread, but though I'd add it to the Bugs/Issues list for ease of access by the Devs...
The 'Absorb The Elements' (ATE) skill is currently classified as an Expert Marksman skill, however its description states that it is a Witchcraft skill affected by Int (which makes more sense to me). Can the Devs. please confirm which skill- Expert Marksman or Witchcraft- that ATE belongs to, and then update it accordingly upon a next patch?

Thank you.

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
Hello, I faced with critical crafting issue:
My character with 5 Crafting can't create Skillbook from any Witchcraft scroll ("Mute" scroll on the screenshot) and "Blank Skillbook Witchcraft". Game just says that this is invalid combination. Fire, Air, Earth and Water skillbook crafting works well.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Hort; 21/11/15 07:31 PM.
H
apprentice
apprentice
H
Also I have found displaying issue of Lucky Charm modification for Offence Rating. Please, see the attached screenshot.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Hort; 21/11/15 07:31 PM.
H
apprentice
apprentice
H
There is inconsistency in tool-tip description of Bully perk in Talents tab and Damage modification:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Hort; 21/11/15 07:39 PM.
veteran
veteran
The game crashes all the time when I want to trade with Cylia (the merchant in cyceal who sells air and water magic). This is very strange because I traded with her many times before. This is the error message:

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: EoCApp.exe
Anwendungsversion: 2.0.100.40
Anwendungszeitstempel: 5641d9da
Fehlermodulname: EoCApp.exe
Fehlermodulversion: 2.0.100.40
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 5641d9da
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 0000000000271932
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 0a83
Zusatzinformation 2: 0a83ede07fd6a12d75b00b74333a86e4
Zusatzinformation 3: d46f
Zusatzinformation 4: d46f1350e613d18ba08a4dc3730fee46

EDIT: The game also crashes when I try to trade with some other people.

Last edited by Madscientist; 21/11/15 10:41 PM.

Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
veteran
veteran
After the shopping crash bug I left Cyseal via rift travel. Now the game stops every time when it tries to load the cyseal map. Fortuanatly I am already in the phantom forest, so I might still finish the game.

stranger
stranger
In the Spanish version in the description of the special characteristics of herbs disappears.

STEAM

Put the link, do not know how to upload the image to the forum.

Last edited by HIjin25; 22/11/15 02:00 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
For some reason when I try to refill cups with water in the recipe screen I get the icon for an oil barrel instead of water barrel even if i'm standing next to the water barrel. But if I drag the cup to the water barrel then the combine screen shows correctly. This also happens when I am trying to create wood mush.

C
stranger
stranger
C
On my second tactician playthrough, instead of getting close enough to interact with Evelyn (who is with the Conduit and Jake), I had a fireball thrown at her. This triggers combat, but she is unable to make her usual summons. The sounds play as if she is summoning but none of the summons appears. Not sure if that's because the ground is burning or something else. It then becomes super easy to kill her.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Howdy fellas! I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere yet (Somewhat of a interesting occurrence):

Swapping Gear in the main room of End Of Time - In front of Arhu / Weaver / Zixzax. I gave Madora "Sword of Holy Flame" from my main character directly into her weapon slot. Zixzax initiated a conversation with Madora / Swiped my "Sword of Holy Flame" / Claimed I shouldn't steal the item.

I looted "Sword of Holy Flame" from a mob Cyseal, has / had nothing to do with Zixzax

veteran
veteran
My bug has gotten worse.
The game crashes every time when I want to enter the Cyseal or Luculla map. I can only enter the phantom forest and the end of time. I have no idea what caused this problem because I have finished most quest on these maps without mayor problems. Now I will not get all star stones, because I do not have the one from the goblin village.

Does anybody have a similar bug or an idea whats the reason for this?

something different:
In hunters edge, I found the orc horn in the tomb and gave it to the jarl. A battle between the barbariens and the orcs started. The barbariens were not shown as hostile, but I attacked them too because they are also evil and I get exp. When all orcs were dead some barbariens were still alive. Combat ended and they were slowly walking around. I left to sell the loot. When I came back, all barbariens were gone and the quest is still open.

J
stranger
stranger
J
In addition to my previous post - I just had Bairdotr and the rest of my idle companions attack me, and lose 100 Attitude (To the point I can no longer recruit them) for swapping out an item in front of her that she had crafted. (Hall of Heroes)

This needs to be fixed ASAP

Last edited by Jenedan; 23/11/15 12:12 AM.
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Scrolling in the "Traits" tab doesn't work on PC unless you point at the name of a trait, if you do not move the pointer over the name of a trait, like "Bold" and scroll, then you will just zoom in or out and as you scroll and the pointer slip off the trait name, then you zoom in or out again.

There's another issue with scrolling in the game.. If you have a bag with a lot of stuff in it and you have scrolled down fully on it and close it when you open a chest, crate, barrel, or whatever container, then the containers are scrolled down as much as the bag was when you closed it.
I miss how the container scroll worked in the previous version of the game. frown

Last edited by Skeptical_Bunny; 23/11/15 11:21 PM.
C
journeyman
journeyman
C
I blinded Evelyn, but she targeted someone that was far away. Is it a bug? Sorry if it is already mentioned - didn't read everything...

Page 17 of 57 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard