Next Thread
Print Thread
#576459 01/12/15 04:23 PM
F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
I had a great time with a 2 LW/GC build when D:OS came out but I see that Glass Cannon has not only been nerfed but also made incompatible with Lone Wolf.
Is a Lone Wolf build even worth trying now? Anyone have any positive experiences with it?
I'm thinking of a Knight and Ranger, both with 10+ INT for buffing and CC spells.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Well, my personal experience is that Lone Wolves aren't worth it anymore. Now, there are still one or two roles where i noticed that Lone Wolf can be worth it, mostly for the extra HP and ability points but in most situations you will always benefit more from having 4 party members rather than 3 or 2.

Of course dual Lone Wolves can still beat the game so if your into it for the sake of having them or roleplaying or whatever reason you have, go ahead, just that they aren't optimal anymore.

stranger
stranger
Hi there, I can vouch that double lone wolf is viable - in fact its what I first tried in EE - tactician mode 2x LW. I did finish the game but now after starting a second playthrough without LW, I can say 4 party members is a lot easier - lone wolf benefits do not make up for the loss of 2 party members anymore with the glass cannon limitation in place now.

Its especially difficult at first with only 2 party members if you both get CCed. The pros of having 2 lone wolves are better hybrid viability with the extra skillpoints, less micro management and of course the extra health.

I would say if you want an extra self imposed challenge go with 2x lone wolf, or for the achievement. Maybe play through with 4 party members on your first playthrough then try 2x LW on second playthrough.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
I was always confused by the older posts (original version) where people played LW/ GC; as that isn't an option in EE I kept assuming they were talking about 1 character as LW and 1 as GC......the other option blows my mind.

That said, 2 LW's is the only way I have not played this game (because the damn Madora Achievement is BROKEN and I am forced to keep using her!!!!!!), but it would definitely be more challenging without the ability to overwhelm some enemies with #s.....some encounters with only 2 characters and 2 summons would be brutal.....still, pump constitution and it would be more a grind than difficult.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Nope, it's not useless at all.

I started playing the game with my brother on Tactician mode. I'm using a Lonewolf tank, while he's using a 3-element wizard with Bairdotr by our side. It's been a blast, there's enough moving components to make the fights interesting and the extra HP/skill points are proving to be really useful, especially on the early levels.

Haven't tested out with 2x Lonewolves, but I'm sure it's still great if you're familiar with the game.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard