Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 57 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 56 57
T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Interesting. I go back a save game and everything works 100% normal. No issues at all!

I load the one save game and it's glitch city. So I think just redo the last few steps of clicking the elemental switch things to open the big door to whatshisface.. I do the first two, and then return back to the 'end of time' to fast heal without spending spells, plus I like to stock up on spells....

I return back to the thorny spot in the phantom forest..and blamo...lag city.

So I load it back again---normal--- Go to the end of time.... lag upon my return.

reloaded back to the 'working' area and went from the thorny spot to silverglen...normal. teleported to cyseal and normal--and then the game suddenly quit back to desktop.

Very odd... Just did the same thing again after restarting. This time all normal with the older load games. Until I fast travel to the end of time, or anywhere else it seems...then it's like my crew is running in place. Seems I'm rather stuck as it's not possible to continue on this way. It's worse when I have my crew all in 'line' and then run into a bad guy...Everyone goes into their 'line spots' and it takes forever for them to line up--not to mention can't cast spells like this. Even when the bad guy hits me with anything, I see the impact--and a few seconds later then I see the blood and the effect of that impact.

At this point it's not my computer, as the early loads run fantastic--until I teleport anywhere......I haven't tried to physically 'walk' out of the areas, as that causes the same effect where it cleans up the level and such, so I would expect the same behavior.

**shrug**

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Well that's it then. I went to the "end of time" and worked on my spells with the element sellers and had things where I felt they needed to be in order to progress.

Sure enough, I teleport back to any part of the real world, and it's like my guys are standing still running for several moments before they play 'catch up' with me.

This is one hell of a bug and a game breaker. I can reload anything prior to that and it will work fine; until I teleport out and back in.

S-

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
This will be started as it's own thread at this point. Please respond with any aid there as this one seems to be lost with the 23 pages already in progress....

Support
Support

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description (or link to your post here and the report.zip file (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) generated by the D:OS EE Analysis Tool (for Windows).
Extract the zip file somewhere and run the AnalysisTool.exe. When that loads, browse to the install folder (if it is not automatically detected), optionally run the tests first, and then generate a report (it will be saved in the same location as the Analysis Tool).

The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, you can delete most of the saves from the zip; leave one before triggering this problem, and one after, and your most recent save that is fine when you switch regions.

S
stranger
stranger
S
hi there,

I just don't know what to do to solve the 'always crashing' problem..
I tried everything, i have all the requirements and compatibility, so everything to run DOS EE normally.. and it starts normally, but! .. after a while, about 10-25 minutes after playing, it randomly crashes, black screen, sometimes the sound stays for a while..
I started new games, saved a lot, but it crashes, earlier it happened mostly when i was underground.. today in the tutorial section, or during the first fight.. so randomly!

Steam automatically updated the game to the newest version, i hoped it will fix the crashes, but it crashes more and more.. when i start new games.. i cannot even reach the town gate!
is there anything that i can do?

thanks in advance!

Support
Support

If you check the Event Viewer, does that give an error code or 'Faulting Module' file name that might help identify the cause of the crash?
- click Start (or WinKey-R or WinKey-W in Win 8), then type "event viewer" into the search box. in Windows 10, 'event' should bring up 'View event logs'.
- after starting the Event Viewer, expand 'Windows Logs' in the left column and select 'Application'
- in the center column, look for a recent error (maybe sort by Date and Time) for the game
- check the information under the 'General' tab below the list of events, starting with "Faulting application name..."

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game? Firewalls have caused conflicts (generally on loading screens) and overlays from graphics tweaking/monitoring programs or chat programs have also caused issues.

Check for updated graphics drivers and Windows updates in general.

Try exiting out of the Steam client completely, and starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator.

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.

Try resetting your graphics driver's 3D settings to default (right click an open area of the desktop to start the nvidia Control Panel or ATI Catalyst Control Center).

Have you tried lowering the graphics settings and resolution, etc, to see if that would make a difference?
One person reported stability problems in D:OS if they had Ambient Occlusion enabled, for example, but the game was fine if they disabled it and enabled it in their graphics drivers. You could try disabling all the post processing in the graphics options, etc.
Another was getting random reboots, which they tracked down to the graphics options in any game being different than was set as default in their video drivers (for anti-aliasing, ambient occlusion, etc).

Do you have Vsync enabled, or the frame rate cap set in the options? Try enabling, lowering or disabling those options.

If that doesn't help, please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem (or link to your post) and the report.zip file (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) generated by the D:OS EE Analysis Tool (for Windows).
Extract the zip file somewhere and run the AnalysisTool.exe. When that loads, browse to the install folder (if it is not automatically detected), optionally run the tests first, and then generate a report (it will be saved in the same location as the Analysis Tool).

The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, you can delete all but one of the saves from the zip; just keep your latest save, since it doesn't seem like there is an area or event more likely to trigger a crash.

Also check the '..\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Shipping' folder for any CrashDump files, and either add a couple to the report.zip file, or zip them separately.

S
stranger
stranger
S
hi Raze, thanks for all the rows you've written and reacted very fast!
I've tried all of the things you mentioned except for shutting down my Anti-virus program.. I thought the silence mode should be enough.. I played for 1 hour and everything went fine..
if there will be any more trouble, I will email the support team..
ThankS!

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Sound randomly cuts out and stops during battles!

Divinity: Original Sin (EE) has Sound issues since Patch v1.0.169
Starting with missing Power Stance Sounds:
http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=62368&Number=561316#Post561316

I really hope that Larian will fix that NEVER ENDING SOUND BUG
PLEASE - FIX SOUND BUGS PERMANENTLY!

H
apprentice
apprentice
H
Incorrect reflection in examine dialogue

My character has 2 items with damage reflection. One reflects any damage as fire damage, another reflects melee damage as piercing damage. In the examine dialogue second one is displayed as active, but in fact first one has been reflecting.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Hort; 18/12/15 07:01 AM.
Support
Support

The proper damage is listed here is a save I have with equipment having 25% fire and 20% piercing reflection, and the 50% piercing barbed Wire skill.
Maybe having the same percentages can leave one listed in the Examine window, and another taking priority in combat? In your screenshot the reflected fire damage is 9 and 20% so maybe the resistances of the opponents are a factor, or something.

Email a save to support and it should be much easier to figure out why there is that difference.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Hi there,
a problem with the end game, after the fight vs Leandra and her friends, I cannot activate the Eden portal:

. According to forum/spoilers I'm supposed to cast deathknight spell on the portal (slot6 from shortcuts bar, see screenshot below), but I get a message: invalid target
. Zalandor has a yellow exclamation mark on his head, but he's not reacting if I try to init a dialogue
. If I focus on Icara: I see a balloon with ... but there is no dialogue interface only a "string" on her head
. Leandra: nothing at all, no interaction, the NPC is inactive

[Linked Image]

Any idea ?

Maybe it's related to past actions, I had problem with Cassandra:

. I gave the quest item to the cat instead Cassandra
. The fight was initialized before burning her bones
. I've teleported Arhu outside the cage so he was active during the fight (I was hoping he had a spell to cancel Cassandra invulnerability)
. I had to flee, Arhu was staying there and had to play with Cassandra...during days and nights wink
. I've completed the Cassandra bones quest, so I went back to the fight area (I was expecting to find Arhu dead)
. No one there, nothing on the ground...finally I've found Cassandra and Arhu fighting near the portal
. I've killed Cassandra, she does not drop what she was supposed to (Soulforge Repair Ritual)
. I spoke to Arhu, he doesn't want to answer before getting out of the cage (there is a bug there, not major one, just a stupid conversation)
. I went back to Cassandra zone to unlock the empty cage, then Arhu was ok to speak to me, but it not helps
. I was not able to complete the forge of souls quest, that's why I had to fight Leandra

Support
Support

You need to fight Leandra either way (the option to do the soul forge would have come up at the very end). Check the loot around her body, or check the inventory of whoever picked up that stuff.

It isn't the Death Knight Bane spell you need for the Portal to Eden. Leandra drops (or gives you, if you perform the sould forge) a 'Death Knight Control Wand', which you need a character to equip, so you can use the spell 'Death Knight Removal'.

Leandra is better off dead, considering what she did... also
if you perform the soul forge and bring the sisters with you to Eden, Leandra takes control and switches sides in the final fight. You can choose not to take them with you, but either way you are down one party member. You are better off with Leandra dead, so Icara will be in the final fight, along with Zandalor.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Thank you Raze I will try that.
I didn't fight Leandra as the NPC is not agressive, she is green for me

Support
Support

When you approached Leandra, there should have been a dialogue started, and combat starts as soon as that is over. As long as Leandra is friendly, you are not going to be able to get the wand you need to continue.

Do you have a recent save you can reload, and go through the section just before then again?

You can try attacking her, or casting an area effect spell nearby, but if she is waiting to start a dialogue, she may be invulnerable.

If reloading doesn't help, please email supportdos@larian.com, with a brief description and the report.zip file (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) generated by the D:OS EE Analysis Tool (for Windows).

The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, you can delete most of the saves from the zip; leave your latest, and, if available, one after or near the end of the fight with the Trife.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Hi. In total i was play in D:OS EE near 60 hours without bugs, freezes, crashes and other problems.
But today i caught 1 bug and 1 crash. After few teleports between towns or locations my party (singlplayer) start moving with delay. Magic skills, switching heroes, switching weapons or armors - all have huge delay. If i try continue teleporting = crash.
FPS and perfomance without changes and still great.
Old saves (35-40 hours) work normal. But saves from 60-63 hours start normal, later after teleports again delays ((
Clean windows 10 x64
i7 2600k
16gb Ram
gtx 970 video
Report.zip, and crash dump i already send on supportdos@larian.com.
Hope for fix. Thx
Sorry for bad engl (

E
stranger
stranger
E
[Edit] I've loaded a previous save game, this time the script work as intended. Leandra is dead

Thanks for the support

Last edited by endae; 20/12/15 07:02 PM.
Support
Support

HelHel
You English is fine; sorry for the bug.

endae;
Glad you got it working.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hello all,
i have a bug in the Elemental forge and i cant destroy the Elemental staff. I did everything i could, also watched many youtube vids and read many guides.
I saw that i need to combine the staff and the forge, but i get the message "Wrong combination". In some youtube vids, they also get this message but the Elementals appear but i dont have this luck, it looks like.
Any further tips i would really appreciate.

(Sorry for the english, hope you all understand)

stranger
stranger
Oddly, I'm having the same issue as HelHel and TheBear described. I went to Cyseal to sell items and shop the vendors when all of a sudden my party was moving in a delayed, jagged fashion (eventually falling quite a bit behind my lead character). Even more, every interaction, whether with items or NPC's had some considerable lag associated with it (between two and five seconds). This issue is persistent once it starts, following me no matter where I visit.

However, loading any save file immediately prior to the issue showing itself resolves it instantly. In my own case, I can now consistently reproduce the issue 100% of the time by loading a save and traveling to Cyseal - North Gate.

I never experienced this issue in the original Divinity: Original Sin (not to this extent anyway) but I do have a theory as to what is behind it. In the original, I would farm chests constantly for items (which my sanity thanks Larian for changing) but now in the Enhanced Edition, I find myself farming the vendors a lot, which also involves buying up all raw materials I can find (cloth and leather scraps, ore, bars, etc.) and crafting them into usable items for profit. Furthermore, I usually always "improve" them as well via blacksmithing or the golden grail. I also have a borderline OCD tendency to loot everything (bottles, cups and wash basins included) but there too, in the vanilla version, the available gold on vendors seemed more limited, so it could not as readily be abused.

Over time, I have noticed a small degradation in the responsiveness of NPC's and other things but it was easily ignored until now. I'm not sure if this may be what is behind the issue but would it be beneficial perhaps to have NPC's remove "junk" items from their inventory every hour or upon level up? By "junk" items I mean stuff like paintings, lab junk, wash basins and even sold crafted (white) gear?

---

Unrelated bug / issue: The frost elemental (Stardet) in the Homestead has a large volume increase during one part of her dialog. She will be speaking fine, then loud, then back to fine for the rest. The Weaver also still refers to the frost elemental (Stardet) as a male (or "he") though "he" very much now sounds like a "she."

Finally, I also noticed that the Keeper of Secrets no longer stocks ability / attribute books (or perhaps, restocks them?) and also, if you completely respec with the demon on a character that used an ability or attribute book, they retain the extra attribute points from using a book but not extra ability points.

Last edited by Vesperas; 22/12/15 05:32 AM.
Support
Support

The recent lag issue (triggered by any region swap, though some may cause more problems than others) has been fixed, and just needs to be tested.

Page 23 of 57 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard