Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
TheBear Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Okay, I did this over with the bug thread, but it seems to be lost in the 23 pages of stuff...

Here is exactly what is happening:

Made it past the demon securing the entrance to the source temple thingie in the Phantom Forest. Save the game and left any progress to the next day.

I continue on and decide to take on that yoyo that steals voices. First stop! Head back to the homestead to buy a few items for the trip.

Returned and noted something extremely odd? The person in the "lead" position runs/walks normally. Everyone else makes an attempt to follow, but all they do is run in place making a tiny bit of progress until they come to a full stop.

I nursed all the dingalings to the boss guy I was going to fight. (We are all level 19. Should be epic!) And once the dialog changed to the fight, The dingbats take several minutes to get into formation. Again..running in place....

Finally get to the physical part, and I went for an area spell. The NPC did his nice dance/action moves... Took off the points and the spell went into cool down. Nothing happened?!? I then noticed about the same time when I got hit by the summoned guys-- Impact....wait...wait...wait...Then the blood splat and health points came off a few moments later.

I loaded an early save and the guys move around fine....Unless I teleport. Then all this repeats again....... I even teleported around to different points to see if I could pin point it. No luck...just laggggggggggg.

I did not start the new game yet. That's next. Considering I can reload to an earlier time and suddenly any teleporting out/in causes this issue? Something isn't kosher with this...

Anyone else have the NPC's just running in place and casting spells that do not have any effect?

The downloadable tool to peek at things only reported it couldn't ID my direct X version. (it's 11+ DxDiag did wonders) And considering the game has worked fine for the 70++ hours I've been playing it......

So ideas are welcome. Otherwise this is pointless to spend another 70+ hours getting this far into the game just to have this bug hit again.

S-

Support
Support

It sounds like the problem is something in the save itself.

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description (or link to this topic) and the report.zip file (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) generated by the D:OS EE Analysis Tool (for Windows).
Extract the zip file somewhere and run the AnalysisTool.exe. When that loads, browse to the install folder (if it is not automatically detected), optionally run the tests first, and then generate a report (it will be saved in the same location as the Analysis Tool).

The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, you can delete most of the saves from the zip; just leave your most recent save where teleporting is fine and a current save before and after teleporting to trigger this problem.

Since the Analysis Tool got an error getting system information, please create a dxdiag report manually and add that, as well. (WinKey-R, type in dxdiag and hit enter, then when it finishes loading click on the 'Save All Information...' button and save the report somewhere handy)

T
TheBear Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
I'll give that a shot. Oddly enough I went back several saves and it was working fine. I get near when I hit level 19 and then I can teleport around a bit, but as soon as I go back to the phantom forest?

My guys are getting plenty of cardio...

T
TheBear Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Files and such sent. Sorry about the sizes and stuff. I've been dying to reassign points and such in the "Darkness" room at the end of time so I can fix a lot of mistakes I've made.

Let me know what happens with it, and what the next steps are.

Thanks!

S-

B
stranger
stranger
B
I have exactly the same problem with my Honour Mode save :(

I went back to end of time bought some new skill books, sold stuff, cleared all my active skill bars and re-assigned skills for all characters, now when i move rest of the party can't catch up, moving weirdly. I cast spells but they dont animate either.

I had some much time sinked into this save and now its gone -.-

Support
Support

Hopefully this can be fixed soon, and existing saves will be ok.

T
TheBear Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
I'm working with an earlier save copy before the glitch hit. Kinda killing creatures and time while this gets worked out. Good for practice and testing different builds.

The guys and girls at Larian helped me out before when I encountered a glitch with DKS, so I know this company has great marks for customer service and ensuring a problem free game. Won't help much with Honour mode I know.. But as the old saying goes "Brave Heart...."

S-

Support
Support

The programmers have isolated the problem, and are currently working on implementing and testing a fix (no ETA yet).

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hope they have a hotfix soon. Can't find a way to avoid this in full party game. Tried all sorts of save points, etc.

Didn't have a problem in 2 LW play through in Tactician.

Support
Support

There is a fix now, it just has to go through testing.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
I hope they can fix this ASAP. I'm literally waiting for this to happen in front of my PC.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by FreyaM
I hope they can fix this ASAP. I'm literally waiting for this to happen in front of my PC.

Yeah, I'm doing the same frown

I cleared my schedule for the holidays, prepared everything I had to get to be ready to play the 2nd half of the game without any interruption.

Played last Friday, noticed the lag at the end of the night... What a disappointment... Now I'm completely blocked until the fix comes in which means all my plans have been on hold for 3 days now frown

So yeah, I'm waiting in front of my PC for this to happen too smile

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
The devs said "before Christmas." I don't wanna be a massive d*and ruin Larian's Holidays, but they are ruining mine.
I'm really, really frustrated right now

Last edited by FreyaM; 22/12/15 04:54 PM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Well if the fix is now available, hopefully this week i can proceed playing within my game aswell :(, when its properly tested and all current save files get corrected.

Last edited by Blueorange; 22/12/15 07:02 PM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
This is a game breaking bug making it impossible to be played.
For me it happens while crossing the red river (connected to a certain companion quest). After doing the quest the following effects started happening: the followers run in one place for ages, when in combat I get massive delays on the things I'm doing - for example on simple melee attack the effect on the attacked takes 3-4 s to actually take effect. The game simply becomes unresponsive - browsing inventory, saving, etc nothing works normally. Hope that fix is coming asap ...

p.s. Had over 100h till that moment, the game was running normally.

Last edited by white; 22/12/15 09:10 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Yep, the fix is in testing phase then it's gonna be distributed.

Too bad we don't get any ETA on this, I've been refreshing this page all day... I could start another game, I've got Dark Souls II sitting in front of me begging for me to play it. The problem is if I start Dark Souls II, I have no idea whatsoever when, and if, I'm ever gonna go back to Divinity. I've got so many games waiting, when I stop playing one, I rarely play it ever again, which would be shame because I'm having a blast with Divinity Original Sin... Thus why I wait in vain torturing myself by refreshing this damn forum all day...

T
TheBear Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Well it's officially a huge PITA.

I started back about 10 hours and fought my way back up using a slightly different build. Made it through the source temple, got restocked and decided to finish up some quests before the ending battle.

Soon as I 'warped' back to the phantom forest? Problem came back full force. I can go out for a beer and pizza and the guys will still be s l o w l y....... doing their turned based attacks against me.

As for area spells? So far totally dead and useless. Just did the meteor spell to kick Imal down a few pegs. Took the spell and the points to do it.....No effect at all. Not even a sound.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Is it possible to revert to the previous version of the game somehow? At least we wouldn't have to wait for the fix to continue our game.

T
TheBear Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Originally Posted by TheThirdRace
Is it possible to revert to the previous version of the game somehow? At least we wouldn't have to wait for the fix to continue our game.

My understanding is that Larian made quite a few changes to the dialog and several quest changes. Pretty much this is a "New" game (and I will say the use of the latest Direct Video system works a treat on my computer)

Can't go back and load the present EE players in the orginal Original Sin game and vice-versa.

I've dealt with Larian in the past for a severe bug that kicked up with their Dragon Knight Saga game. They are a stand up bunch of programmers and really dedicated to their craft. If Raze states a patch/fix is on the way? I take them at their word.

(I'll admit I wish it would happen faster.....But quality can't be rushed.)

Just happy that the ones that submitted the save game files along with myself? Allowed the programmers and tech support personal a nice way to see the details in order to ID the problem and then work their magic for a solution. As everyone knows, it's not easy to program these games, and it's even worse finding bugs and fixing them all. It's like spending 40 hours a week thinking everything is clean as the wind driven snow...and then finding a brown pile of doggy donuts sitting in your masterpiece.

Just glad Larian gives us a sounding board and method to work these issues out.

And now that the mutual admiration is over with? Let's get that fix rollin'.....I've got a Universe to save!!!

All Best Regards!!

S-

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by TheBear

My understanding is that Larian made quite a few changes to the dialog and several quest changes. Pretty much this is a "New" game (and I will say the use of the latest Direct Video system works a treat on my computer)

Can't go back and load the present EE players in the orginal Original Sin game and vice-versa.

By previous version, I didn't mean the other game (the non EE edition), I really meant the version before the patch on December 10th. All the problems with lag have been introduced by a patch to the Enhanced Edition, so removing that problematic patch would solve that, thus my inquiry.

I fully understand how those things work, that's what I do for a living, albeit not for games, but pretty much the same thing when it comes down to it. When we can't give the right fix right away, we try to give one that will hold until the final fix is in. All that because we know the customers need our software to actually work, you can't really afford downtime. It might not look like it, but it's even more true for games. For example, Bioware's Dragon Age Inquisition multiplayer lost 90% of their player base when they introduced their "Destruction" patch just before Christmas last year (yes that was the real name, ironically it destroyed their game...). Had they simply rolled back their patch as soon as they detected the problems, the game wouldn't be "dead" today (ME3 MP has a bigger playerbase now and it's over 5 years old). The point is, it doesn't matter how much time they took to fix the problems (4 bloody months!!!), what killed the game was the fact they didn't release any "hotfix" (disabling the problematic DLC) to alleviate immediately their users problems.

Furthermore, they made a rookie mistake by releasing a patch a Thursday, 1 week before Christmas. You never do that, never, for ANY software. That's like begging for things to explode. Patches are always from Monday at noon to Wednesday 2PM, otherwise be prepared to work on weekends or holidays. That's the bloody law of software development.

In any case, Larian seems to be pretty good at communicating and helping their users. All the interactions I had about this problem have been top notch. I merely suggested there was another way to "hotfix" the problem by allowing us to revert to the pre December 10th version. I understand it could only work for PC users, sorry console users, but I'm on PC so that's what's important to me. Color me partial smile

Also, I took 2 days off work (from accumulated time) to play the game for 2 weeks straight. First time I sit to my computer thinking I'm gonna have a blast, the game is broken... Of course I'm gonna be a tiny bit pissed about it, look for solutions and put a bit of pressure wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard