Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
I have the Headless Nick quest. The problem is I've already failed the quest to make the crowd go away from the talking head.
So because the crowd and performer is still near the head, it won't let me talk to it.
Apart from killing everyone near (which I don't want to do), is there any way to complete the headless nick quest?

Thanks.

T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Anyone have an idea on this one please?

S
stranger
stranger
S
There is no other way. I would recommend quick saving before all RPS matches and then reloading until you get the desired result. As it stands, for you, you must kill everyone to progress in your quest. Or you can just ignore it, no big loss.

veteran
veteran
Have you tried to talk to the head while being invisible?

WOOS
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Thanks Silkforcalde, yep I'll need to be more careful in future on those rolls.

And thanks LordCrash, great idea but unfortunately it didn't work (was worth a go though!)

stranger
stranger
I'm disappointed. I ran into the same problem. I thought maybe earning lots of favor (by giving him gold pieces) would help me get a new dialog option with the guy who currently owns the head, but.... no such luck. I wish there was another way to complete the quest "legitimately" (without slaughtering everyone and taking what I want).

F
stranger
stranger
F
I just completed this quest after failing the Crowd Warming bit.

This is how I did it:
1. I unchained a character that could use the "Teleport" skill.
2. I moved the remainder of my party away from the area.
3. I put the solo character near the arch closest to the NPC who was currently in possession of the skull.
4. I used the teleport skill on the NPC and moved him behind the large tree that is located behind his stage.
5. I killed the NPC.
6. After killing that ONE NPC, I was able to access the head.

veteran
veteran
Sneaky... I like! smile

addict
addict
Divinity: Original Sin - Headless Nick - Retrieving the Talking Head - QUEST Guide/Walkthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY-XfI7sOL4

Last edited by GamezGlitchz; 10/07/14 12:32 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
I too finished this quest after failing to grab "nick" when I successfully complete crowd warmer, DUH! FailHard 's suggestion gave me the idea so the credit goes to FH, but I couldn't teleport the NPC behind the tree. I split off 2 characters One main charater and the other that could cast Teleport. I stood by the arch with the character that could teleport, and the other near Nick on the stage. Teleported NPC as far away as I could and quickly changed characters and picked up Nick. Thanks for the suggestion FailHard!

R
stranger
stranger
R
The method I figured out was to use a smoke grenade. I used Wolgraff's Cloak and Dagger Skill instead, so as to save the gear. Used it between the head and Reginald, then just picked up the head , went invisible and walked off, no one the wiser.

stranger
stranger
I looked for the book on the origin of Cyseal in the library, and paid 100 gold for the crowd warmer to work for me. This takes away teh whole crowd. While the 2 main characters were performing, I picked up the other 2 characters and unchained both. One talked to the head owner to distract him, the other sneaked and caught the head. I guess invisibility would also work.

Smoke grenade is a most pragmatic approach, but I'm in it for the story! smile

Last edited by Brazilian Joe; 07/01/16 10:42 AM.
Support
Support

Actually, after you get the crowd to move, if you talk to the other promoter, you can get him to move, as well (as part of the quest, rather than just a distraction).
Tell him the other performer hired his crowd warmer, and he will move over to that stage.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I have Nick's head in my gears still. I had no problems playing out the role of actors, everyone stands there and gives you plenty of time to grab head and head back before crowd dispersed.
However, in the cave, I have no way of getting to his body to give to him. Watching the above video, there are no ghosts for me to give the head to. I cannot float to his body, as Fleet of Foot doesn't seem to work.
How do I give Nick's head to his body? Any help in this would be appreciated. Thanks

Support
Support

Use the teleporter pytamids to get across to the ship, or a teleportation spell (there is a teleport scroll you can find nearby, towards the end of the dock section you can reach without needing to teleport).

P
stranger
stranger
P
ty

Link Copied to Clipboard