Print Thread
#577376 22/12/15 02:46 PM
M
MartyC Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
I understand what telekinesis does. Jahan has 2 points in it.
How do I use telekinesis. I'm using a controller.
There is no button or option I can find to start it

T
stranger
stranger
T
I'm sure you understand what Telekinesis is supposed to do, but you clearly don't understand how it applies to the game since you're assuming you need to do something for it to work...

What Telekinesis really do is when you try to pick something up, you're doing it from distance instead of having to be directly on it. You have nothing to do, it just happens. You'll see a distinctive purple "laser" coming from your character while he/she picks things up. Telekinesis is only for objects, picking them up or moving them.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Originally Posted by MartyC
I understand what telekinesis does. Jahan has 2 points in it.
How do I use telekinesis. I'm using a controller.
There is no button or option I can find to start it

Unfortunately, the use of telekiness is hampered by the controller UI. You basically have to click on an item and go through the menu in order to do anything with the item, or rely on the area search function (as oppose to mouse/keyboard UI, where you can just click once on an item to pick it up).

S
stranger
stranger
S
I can't use telekinesis either. Scarlett has 2 telekinesis and 5 force. No "move" in sub menu. No laser...
I'm on PC with a keyboard.

Last edited by Scruffey; 07/01/16 06:16 PM. Reason: Not enough details
Support
Support

Telekinesis is a passive ability. Try clicking on something you can pick up far away with a character that does not have Telekinesis and one who does, and note the difference in the distance they need to move to pick up the item and the visual effect for Telekinesis.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Thank you for your answer.
I think my game must be buggy because, even though I'm pratically on top of - for example - a barrel, there are no visual effects when I click on the barrel apart from the "Open" etc menu. No possibilites to move the object.
I,m stuck in the black cove...

Support
Support

Left click on gold, potions, equipment or other items in the world where the default action is to pick up. For containers, drag and drop onto the character's portrait in the top left of the screen, or right click and 'pick up'.

To move containers, there is an issue if you just left click and hold without moving the mouse, where the cursor will switch back to the normal game cursor. You need to click and move the mouse all in one motion, or click while already moving the mouse slowly. That will allow you to move containers (that you have the strength to move), with the cursor changing to a hand icon and the item highlighted in white (if you can move it there) or red (too far/heavy or blocked).

S
stranger
stranger
S
Thank you. To move containers, there is an issue if you just left click and hold without moving the mouse, where the cursor will switch back to the normal game cursor. You need to click and move the mouse all in one motion, or click while already moving the mouse slowly. That will allow you to move containers (that you have the strength to move), with the cursor changing to a hand icon and the item highlighted in white (if you can move it there) or red (too far/heavy or blocked).
This worked for me.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Scruffey
I can't use telekinesis either. Scarlett has 2 telekinesis and 5 force. No "move" in sub menu. No laser...
I'm on PC with a keyboard.

Don't forget that when in any area the lft-Alt keyboard button will highlight all items that can be picked up in the immediate area, and you simply click on the displayed text for each item and the character will either pick it up or use tk to grab it automatically--the latest EE patch seems to have fixed an issue there, if there was an issue with that--can't recall...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard