Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 33 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33
K
stranger
stranger
K
Many thanks, Mike. Hope you can figure out a way to get it working.

Last edited by KLUSTENATOR; 27/12/15 08:17 AM.
old hand
old hand
Yep, good luck to you. It's definitely a popular request.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by MikeyWinz
Hello! Okay- I'm going to start working on updating this to work with the EE version of the game. Also, I'm Mike. Anywho- I haven't touched C++ in a long long time, so no promises. But I've been waiting for someone to update Dairy's program since EE came out, and have finally realized that it prolly won't happen. So- here I am. Hello again. Hopefully I don't lose track of this thread so I can release it here. I'll be posting it on my GitHub when it's completed. Add me on Skype to keep up with the progress.
Also- Stressing that I haven't used C++ in a long long time. Actually, I haven't used an OOP language in general in a long long time. So no promises, but I'll dedicate my Christmas to getting this up for you all. Happy Christmas, sorry for the bumb if this is an old post. Didn't look at dates. Hello again, I'm Mike. Nice to meet you all.

Hello, Mike, and welcome to the forum. Ten cheers for taking a crack at the moose. laugh

stranger
stranger
Cheers Mike,
I was wondering, how does one create such programs in C++? I have a steady knowledge in C, but even though I can write programs with structures and pointers and multiple functions it was all for my physics classes (phy undergrad),and it was on a basic level. Do you use already defined headers and functions or do you have to write it all by yourself (which seems bloody hard). Thanks again for getting into the fight with that source code.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
C
stranger
stranger
C
You are an angel walking among us mortals.

enthusiast
enthusiast
My thanks just for trying this out Mike, much appreciated! laugh

Pride, honour and purity
C
stranger
stranger
C
How did you determine the structure of the LSB files? Did you just use trial and error, or does Larian have the structure of the files posted somewhere?

At work, when I wrote a program to parse PDUs, I used an online reference that showed me which byte contain a certain data (string, integer, etc...). Anything like that for the LSB files?

N
addict
addict
N
Originally Posted by cspctec
How did you determine the structure of the LSB files? Did you just use trial and error, or does Larian have the structure of the files posted somewhere?

They're undocumented, so it's mostly guesswork by looking at the hex dump of the file itself or occasionally some disassembly if you're stuck.
Knowing roughly what structure to expect (in this case, having the corresponding .lsx file) helps a lot though.

My LSF and LSB parsers are here:
https://github.com/Norbyte/lslib/blob/master/LSLib/LS/LSFReader.cs
https://github.com/Norbyte/lslib/blob/master/LSLib/LS/LSBReader.cs

enthusiast
enthusiast
Don't be a stranger Mike! lol

Pride, honour and purity
M
stranger
stranger
M
Updating you all- So, it seems that I've screwed up a bit. I'm not very good with guesswork I suppose. Every time I edit the lsv files (ex. AutoSave_0.lsv) it ends in a corruption of the data. I'm going to push this project aside for a second and try something else. Sorry for the long wait and the letdown, friends. I'm still learning though, so hopefully I'll get some sort of product out to you guys.

-Also, I should let you all know. I took the New Years weekend off from this because I had a surprise visit from some family (family comes first, hope you all agree :P) and I left my laptop on which had the Qt project open. The pc powered down and it seems I lost some progress also. Anyone know about Qt crash recovery? Or if it exists? For some reason I haven't been able to open the project since then in Qt. I tried to delete the QtCreator files for the project and create a VS project importing the code structure (I'm much more familiar with VS and thought I may be able to fix the problem that way. Two birds with one stone). The problem I have now is that I can't open it in either. Does anyone have experience with swapping IDEs mid-project? While I wait for a reply here, I'll start on the new program :P
-Mike

enthusiast
enthusiast
Am sure one of the 'resident' modders here will come up with a reply (i can only speak English so that won't be me, lol), but far as i'm concerned?
Thanks for dropping by to let us know, i remain hopeful in that this was just a setback smile

Pride, honour and purity
stranger
stranger
You can always ask on MODDB and GameDebate. Lots of people that can mod are there. Maybe ask the Almighty Moose for tips. Also, there has to be someone here that knows how to handle those files. Also EnigmaGroup has helped me many times with C programming and the logics behind it. There are probably some other sites with modders resources.
Good luck.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
enthusiast
enthusiast
@Raze if this violates your TOS (i assumed it doesn't considering how you allow a save game editor thread), my sincere apologies. Please feel free to delete my post.

I never found a need to use Moose's save editor in the vanilla game, so i am unaware of what it offered. But barring an actual update on this (hope dies last, lol), i thought maybe someone could use this in its stead:

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5625478&sid=2342a9d528a447ef91fa8dca729ec311

This allows you to modify pretty much any of your character's values, without however offering any item editing. That you will not find available smile
This is NOT a trainer. No unlimited health and all that. To use it, you need first install Cheat Engine, found here:

http://www.cheatengine.org/

I will vouch for two things alone:
1) It is safe to install it, IF, major IF, you take care NOT to allow the extra 'offers' (they are actually trojans..fucking kids these days) to be installed as well. Just untick them. Alternatively (this is how i go about it), merely disconnect from the web before running the installer. Nothing 'extra' will be "offered" to you that way.
2) The above works. If it doesn't, read spoiler below.

- install CE (remember my warnings) from the second link
- go to the forum page linked above, you will see the download link up top. Do not click it, instead /r click and select 'save as..'. When your explorer window opens up, delete the .xml extension and instead type .ct
- once downloaded, do nothing
- run D:OS EE, load save of your choice, once ingame, alt tab to windows. Yes, i know, just force it to
- now double click your newly downloaded script table (that's your .ct file)
- new UI popped up. Click up and to the left, new process. Scroll down, select EoCApp.exe (that's the DOS EE) and press open. You will be asked if you wish to keep the current table, select 'yes'. Do nothing more here
- pop back to the game, don't do anything more, and then re-force an alt tabbing. This is necessary for the CE to read the game's values
- no back to the CE's UI, look at the section below scripts, highlight the single entry there, and press enter. In the new pop up, simply select 'OK'
- pop back to the game (i know, but this is the way), open your inventory page, do nothing else, force alt-tabbing for one last time
- back to the CE, left click once said highlighted script entry you used before. You should now see a tree structure similar to that your explorer uses. Left click once to select player, again to select a subcategory of your choice
- any entry you wish to edit, all you have to do is press enter while it is highlighted. NOT /double clicking, enter. You will see its value field becoming editable
- when done, don't close anything. Pop back in game. You will see no visible changes despite the above. That's ok; Once you exit and reload, the game's engine will correctly read your 'new' values. So for now just save your session. (this is important, skipping a save means nothing's changed). Exit D:OS entirely
- Now close the CE, you're done. If you also wish to uninstall it, you can. Assuming you saved your game as stated above

Pride, honour and purity
Aenra #578223 10/01/16 12:30 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Aenra
@Raze if this violates your TOS (i assumed it doesn't considering how you allow a save game editor thread), my sincere apologies. Please feel free to delete my post.

I never found a need to use Moose's save editor in the vanilla game, so i am unaware of what it offered. But barring an actual update on this (hope dies last, lol), i thought maybe someone could use this in its stead:

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5625478&sid=2342a9d528a447ef91fa8dca729ec311

This allows you to modify pretty much any of your character's values, without however offering any item editing. That you will not find available smile
This is NOT a trainer. No unlimited health and all that. To use it, you need first install Cheat Engine, found here:

http://www.cheatengine.org/

I will vouch for two things alone:
1) It is safe to install it, IF, major IF, you take care NOT to allow the extra 'offers' (they are actually trojans..fucking kids these days) to be installed as well. Just untick them. Alternatively (this is how i go about it), merely disconnect from the web before running the installer. Nothing 'extra' will be "offered" to you that way.
2) The above works. If it doesn't, read spoiler below.

- install CE (remember my warnings) from the second link
- go to the forum page linked above, you will see the download link up top. Do not click it, instead /r click and select 'save as..'. When your explorer window opens up, delete the .xml extension and instead type .ct
- once downloaded, do nothing
- run D:OS EE, load save of your choice, once ingame, alt tab to windows. Yes, i know, just force it to
- now double click your newly downloaded script table (that's your .ct file)
- new UI popped up. Click up and to the left, new process. Scroll down, select EoCApp.exe (that's the DOS EE) and press open. You will be asked if you wish to keep the current table, select 'yes'. Do nothing more here
- pop back to the game, don't do anything more, and then re-force an alt tabbing. This is necessary for the CE to read the game's values
- no back to the CE's UI, look at the section below scripts, highlight the single entry there, and press enter. In the new pop up, simply select 'OK'
- pop back to the game (i know, but this is the way), open your inventory page, do nothing else, force alt-tabbing for one last time
- back to the CE, left click once said highlighted script entry you used before. You should now see a tree structure similar to that your explorer uses. Left click once to select player, again to select a subcategory of your choice
- any entry you wish to edit, all you have to do is press enter while it is highlighted. NOT /double clicking, enter. You will see its value field becoming editable
- when done, don't close anything. Pop back in game. You will see no visible changes despite the above. That's ok; Once you exit and reload, the game's engine will correctly read your 'new' values. So for now just save your session. (this is important, skipping a save means nothing's changed). Exit D:OS entirely
- Now close the CE, you're done. If you also wish to uninstall it, you can. Assuming you saved your game as stated above

Works as advertised...;)

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Glad i could help smile

Pride, honour and purity
Aenra #578244 10/01/16 04:34 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Aenra
Glad i could help smile

It was funny, actually, because I tried this very fix earlier, but not very diligently--because I did not have your step-by-step instructions--and because for some reason Win10 kept wanting to assign the .ct extension to Adobe Acrobat...;) So after I changed the default association for .ct to the CE, and after I followed your instructions, I got it to work, at last. So, thanks again for bringing it up here as I would not have looked at it again if you hadn't.

I like these things because I can buff up my characters a bit at the beginning so as to make the game much less of a slow-plodding grind to begin with. I do just enough so as to make character advancement still a major part of the game--just not quite as tedious in the beginning. Thanks again!

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
C
stranger
stranger
C
So... in there any update on the save editor ???

enthusiast
enthusiast
Did Moose's editor allow for item editing by the way? That's the one thing i'm personally interested in smile

(in before someone says 'no', ie i've been asking for nothing all this time, lol)

Pride, honour and purity
Aenra #578420 15/01/16 11:29 PM
Support
Support

Yes, you can add items in D:OS with MooseEdit, change equipment properties and add bonuses, etc. Some quest item templates wouldn't be recognized by the game as the quest item, and IIRC there are some idiosyncrasies with how the game uses boosts on equipment.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks Raze!

Funny part is, i don't want 'boosts'.. on the contrary, i'd have used it to remove properties in one occasion, switch looks in some others.
edit: not what you meant, i know

Same with sweetfx, most people use it to amp their visuals, i so as to dampen them. In D:OS too, just too damn bright and 'glossy' for my taste ^^

Anyway, thanks again for replying smile
..now where's Moose damn it..

Last edited by Aenra; 16/01/16 12:54 PM.

Pride, honour and purity
Page 30 of 33 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard