Print Thread
Page 31 of 33 1 2 29 30 31 32 33
Waltc #578449 16/01/16 08:52 PM
R
stranger
stranger
R
Someone used that table and updated it with a few extras:
http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=585220&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Edit:
- The main utility of this one compared to the previous version posted is that the Hero Pointers section is, in my opinion, much better organized and easier to use.
- This version also contains "Unlimited" type options, which can do strange things to your game. There is also a very basic item editor (use at your own risk) with very limited functionality.

Last edited by Raivshard; 17/01/16 09:34 PM. Reason: Clarification
enthusiast
enthusiast
Actually, no.
That just allows for all the crap i'm (personally) entirely against of, such as unlimited health, unlimited mana, no cooldowns, etc. Which is precisely why it was not linked here.

And for the record, what you link is neither an upgrade nor a continuation of the table i listed, i'm against "trainers"

edit: Please be careful with linking scripts, especially when warnings are required. The one you mentioned is not without its consequences, as it makes certain mob types' health become unlimited. Along with yours.

Last edited by Aenra; 17/01/16 11:56 AM.

Pride, honour and purity
Aenra #578465 17/01/16 10:07 PM
R
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Aenra
Actually, no.
That just allows for all the crap i'm (personally) entirely against of, such as unlimited health, unlimited mana, no cooldowns, etc. Which is precisely why it was not linked here.

And for the record, what you link is neither an upgrade nor a continuation of the table i listed, i'm against "trainers"

I take it you glanced at the list in the .CT file without looking at the Hero Pointers. I edited my initial post for clarity, as you did make a good point in that it needed some explanation. The reason for my post was that the Hero editors in the one which you posted have been cleaned up and clarified in the one which I posted, which you would have noticed if you had bothered to check it instead of firing off a knee-jerk response. So, for the record, yeah it actually is an upgrade. Furthermore, it's easy enough to delete any unwanted entries; there's a button for that. I used that button myself.

Also, Anything which allows you to edit your character into a demi-god is essentially a trainer. This idea you have that it's only true when "unlimited" type options are available seems to me to be rather shortsighted.

You can be personally against whatever you want. What's not okay is attempting to force your views on everyone else or censoring information just because you don't agree with it.

The Devs, on the other hand, can do whatever they want because it's their game. If a dev or mod states that anything in my post is a violation, then I am perfectly happy to modify it, and/or the file, such that it becomes acceptable.

For the record, I went searching for this after arriving at
King Boreas' treasure room.
I looked around at all the gold, but there was no option to take any, which didn't make much sense to me, so I added a bunch of gold to my inventory with the "last item moved" pointer. I didn't particularly need it, you understand, but it made for a more realistic role-play, as my characters would totally fill their bags with everything they could carry. Maybe the next time I play a new game they'll be more heroic.

enthusiast
enthusiast
What is it with people today and this internet trend of never admitting your error? Or merely letting it go at that..?..

Dude my issue with scripts such as the one you link is that they can break someone's game, a fact you failed to mention. It is honestly as simple as that. You didn't warn anyone, i did. You didn't explain, i did (trainers can break games, your fault for perceiving that as a 'personal' preference).

If my way of expressing myself annoys you, next time link scripts (of all things) in a more responsible manner. Simple. All things in life are simple. We tend to overcomplicate (long posts?) for lack of qualities we have only ourselves to blame.

Pride, honour and purity
Aenra #578530 19/01/16 07:30 PM
apprentice
apprentice
I think I should probably point out that trainers are actually much less likely to break your save file then save game editors... And neither of them modify the game itself at all. Save game editors directly modify the game's save file, which of course can break it if you don't know what you're doing. Trainers on the other hand do not modify any files. They modify the game's memory. So if you mess a game up using a trainer all you have to do is restart the game (maybe without saving if you messed something up in the save information) and the game will return to the way it was before using the trainer.

I do want to make it clear that modifying the game in either way can mess things up if you don't know what you're doing. But neither of them will break the game files.

Last edited by Xephael; 19/01/16 07:32 PM. Reason: Removed quote because BBcode is broken
enthusiast
enthusiast
I usually ignore stubbornness based on lack of intellect, but as these are public forums and many people get to read them, i will reiterate for one final time:

The unlimited health and so on script Raivshard links here DOES break the game. English.
It does so by making entire effing categories of mobs get unlimited health; ie unkillable. Irreversibly.

Just as i stated, twice, already. English. Best i can do smile

Last edited by Aenra; 22/01/16 03:21 PM.

Pride, honour and purity
apprentice
apprentice
It's a little unclear what you mean by irreversibly. If you mean in that save file, then yes, like I said if you don't know what you are doing with either a save file editor or a memory editor (trainer), then you can break your save file.

However if you mean irreversibly as in even starting a new game entirely or reloading a previous save from before the modifications, then no. That's actually impossible for either save editing or memory editing to effect because they don't touch any other files.

(Save editing obviously touches the save file that it is editing while memory editing actually doesn't touch any files at all. Memory editing hooks into the memory of a running application and modifies it but the instant the application is restarted memory gets completely reset.)

Aenra #578670 23/01/16 10:42 PM
R
stranger
stranger
R
Looking forward to the EE save editor. Many thanks to everyone who works on it.

(Off Topic for Aenra)
What is it with people today and this internet trend of never admitting your error? Or merely letting it go at that..?..
Fun fact: That's actually a human trend derived from social and cultural conditioning; the rise of the internet and mass communication merely makes it more notable to less attentive types.

Right and wrong, correct and incorrect, knowledge and ignorance. Accusation, recrimination, and responsibility. All very interesting concepts. Equally interesting is how much each person understands and addresses them.

Dude my issue with scripts such as the one you link is that they can break someone's game, a fact you failed to mention. It is honestly as simple as that. You didn't warn anyone, i did. You didn't explain, i did (trainers can break games, your fault for perceiving that as a 'personal' preference).
Looking at the rest of the posts thus far, seems like other folks have addressed your arguments.

Ooh! Also: 'fault' and denial of identity! Defining oneself by what one is not; fun times.

If my way of expressing myself annoys you, next time link scripts (of all things) in a more responsible manner. Simple. All things in life are simple. We tend to overcomplicate (long posts?) for lack of qualities we have only ourselves to blame.
Hit a nerve, did I? Have fun with projecting motivations and emotions onto other people and assuming that people who disagree with you or simply have a different point of view are wrong, stubborn and/or lacking in intellectual capacity.

Cheers

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hey, all. Many apologies. I pretty much just pushed the project into a dark corner and forgot about it for a month. And, for the life of me, I can't figure out where I saved it. Qt doesn't have it in the recent projects section, and my VS can't find it either (Probably because I never actually got it working in VS). Anywho- Excuses aside, I wasn't able to complete it like I had intended. Sorry, friends!
Best of luck,
Mike

F
stranger
stranger
F
So, is the Save game editor still dead in the water? Im a bit stuck in the game because of some poor choices. Would really like to respec my two main characters but I really dont want to replay the "running around the village" part (way too much of that in the beginning according to me). Right now Im playing AoW III and just having my hopes up that some day somebody will fix a good save game editor for EE

enthusiast
enthusiast
If you just want to shuffle some points around, you can look my post up, it's in this thread; it also includes intructions should you so need them.
If you just came here to see whether a 'one-click-nao' solution has magically come to be..too bad smile

Hopefully Moose will come back someday..after all this time and pretty much zero actual interest, i doubt anyone else is ever going to come forward.

Pride, honour and purity
Aenra #579485 17/02/16 10:46 PM
F
stranger
stranger
F
If you just want to shuffle some points around, you can look my post up, it's in this thread; it also includes intructions should you so need them.
If you just came here to see whether a 'one-click-nao' solution has magically come to be..too bad smile

Hopefully Moose will come back someday..after all this time and pretty much zero actual interest, i doubt anyone else is ever going to come forward.

So it really is safe? Im very nervous when it paranoid when it comes to downloading strange files on my comp.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't know why repeating myself should make a difference, but yes..as stated in my original post, it is safe. I not only tried it, i in fact have kept CE 'installed' in my PC ever since. Perfectly safe, ---IF--- you follow the instructions.

Read first, ask later smile

Pride, honour and purity
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Fonzosh

So it really is safe? Im very nervous when it paranoid when it comes to downloading strange files on my comp.

It's fine...I'm using it and have used it multiple times, actually. Just follow the directions--they are 100% accurate, and don't omit any steps. If you do omit something, nothing untoward will happen to your files/games except that you might not get the results you are looking for. If it makes you feel better then back-up the save you want to use before running the little utility. I've had no trouble with it. Once you've used it a couple of times you can then use it from memory if you find you want to use it a few more times to fine tune the results you prefer. The operation is very simple, but as with all things "computerese" pay attention to the details if you would like it to provide you with the results you're after.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Moose if you're reading this, know that spirits are very angry. Very angry. If curse of impotence not take hold, much worse follows. Give save editor, save self from much agony.

Pride, honour and purity
S
stranger
stranger
S
I made an account just so that I could comment on this thread. I only just discovered Divinity Original Sin 2 or 3 weeks ago, but have fallen in love with this game. There are some things I would like to tweak however, and I fully encourage DairyMoose or anyone else to make a save game editor for the Enhanced Edition! Please! I've even downloaded both extraction tools for EE to make a mod for myself, but can't make much sense of the layout in the .txt's.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Well, I tried Aenras way of doing it, but Im sorry to say without result. Doing it step by step, there is still something going wrong and I cant get to the editoring. Oh, Moose, my moose, where are thou?????

T
stranger
stranger
T
Hi all,

I'm curious if it's possible to save and load single characters as files to trade characters between different savegames. There was this option in Baldurs Gate II where your friend could send you his characters and you was able to use them on your own savegame.

Thx in advance.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Because someone has been PMing me asking why the CE isn't working, "i've done all you said!"..
Only to (in the third subsequent PM) tell me that "i don't need to alt tab! But i did everything else!"..

F.O.L.L.O.W.I.N.G. T.H.E. I.N.S.T.R.U.C.T.I.O.N.S. is really a must. When we don't know, we start by listening. Often in life, this leads to wonderful things!

That aside, shameless /bump
Moose where art thou smile

Pride, honour and purity
Aenra #580448 19/03/16 03:55 PM
addict
addict
When we don't know, we start by listening.

I'd argue that when we don't know, we start by posing questions.

Aside from that, I'm part of the "still waiting for dairymoose to perform a miracle return" crowd.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
Page 31 of 33 1 2 29 30 31 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard