Print Thread
M
MetaN Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Raze

Only player 1 in local co-op and the host with online co-op can get achievements. Microsoft and Sony both have requirements about tracking if players are present when game events are initiated, to prevent achievement 'abuse' (ie dropping into a game just before the end fight and letting someone else kill the boss to get the final achievement).D:OS wasn't designed to keep track of which player started events (or which character, for the most part), and it wasn't feasible to add that for the Enhanced Edition, so it can not unlock achievements for the second player.

So why? and who is responsible for this?
Why the game with ~50% about coop lacks such stupid thing? why the second guy should waste his time coz of this and vice versa?
Why it wasn't feasible to add?
And why you don't indicate this information in the store?

Support
Support

As described in the quote, D:OS wasn't designed to track which players were present when certain events were initiated. Redesigning the entire game from the ground up, even without the other changes and additions in the EE, was not feasible.

From the topic you most likely took the quote from (Only the host is getting the achievements (Xbox)), some people have gotten achievements for both players in online co-op.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Probably an Xbox only issue, because I play with another person in local co-op and we both get the achievements whenever we unlock them.

M
MetaN Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
These "some people" are talking about local co-op, such opportunity is already confirmed by many people... so actually D:OS EE is designed for both players achievements.

However, dear Raze, you've not answered even one of my questions but just repeated your previous answer. Do you take me for a fool?

Support
Support

You have the answer about achievements I was given when I asked about this a while ago, as best as the programmer could remember, not having looked at it in some time.

I did answer why it wasn't feasible.
How many months development time do you think would be involved in redesigning core game mechanics? After such an alteration, there would have to be changes to all quests, etc, and some quests redesigned. Then, especially late in development, there would have to be exhaustive QA done to test everything, because anything could be affected directly or indirectly by fundamental changes to the core mechanics.
That is in addition to the year long development for all the changes that were added to the EE.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by MetaN
These "some people" are talking about local co-op, such opportunity is already confirmed by many people... so actually D:OS EE is designed for both players achievements.

However, dear Raze, you've not answered even one of my questions but just repeated your previous answer. Do you take me for a fool?

I am playing local co-op and do not run into this issue, so I am confused on what you mean.

M
MetaN Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
lol... it's clear as a sunny day that your team just decided do not waste their time and resources for this.
I'm trying to understand your logic why you had the cheek to release a semi-finished product with a full price for consoles and withhold this information from us.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P

Why the game with ~50% about coop lacks such stupid thing? why the second guy should waste his time coz of this and vice versa?

It is definitely no waste of time to play a fun game, both with and without achievements. It is even more fun to play it together with someone else, best a friend.

Why it wasn't feasible to add?
And why you don't indicate this information in the store?

I am not familiar with console games but does (nearly) every game exept DOS:EE unlock achievements for online co-op partners? If that is the case it should be stated on the store page. Anyway, the game itself is not influenced by that which is probably a reason why they do not indicate it.

lol... it's clear as a sunny day that your team just decided do not waste their time and resources for this.
I'm trying to understand your logic why you had the cheek to release a semi-finished product with a full price for consoles and withhold this information from us.

You gave the answer, they decided not to waste resources on this minor issue and delay the experience for those players who do not care about achievements. As I stated above the game is fun by itself (and if not what it the point of playing it, anyway), give it a chance. Calling a game semi-finished because the achievements do not work the way you expected is quite an overstatement.

Last edited by PiJaei; 19/01/16 08:07 PM.
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Aside from various subjective opinions regarding achievements/trophies the reality is these should work like every other game on the market or not be included.

Whether you like it or not trophies/achievements are included with games for a reason. They are popular and help build player attachment and retention. For many players they add value to a title which in turn is good for devs and publishers.

I have NEVER played an online co-op game on Xbox 360, PS3, or PS4 that only allowed one player to earn achievements. These titles might exist out there but even with my prolific gaming history I haven't seen one.

Making these work correctly may not seem like a big deal to some, but to others it is as important as making sure your characters skills work correctly.

Achievements/trophies should either work correctly or not be included.

Personally I would prefer if games just gave you a single medal/gold star/trophy/virtual cookie whatever for completing the game and left all the other grindy achievements out of the mix but my idea would be wildly unpopular for most players.

Just because I really don't think trophies/achievements are all that cool does not mean I can't see why they are for many gamers.

C
stranger
stranger
C
First of all, love the game. I have it on steam, beat it many times. I've been playing trough the game on the PS4 with a friend of mine. first time through, we both got all of the trophies that we were trying to get. second time through, started getting trophies, but the day after we started, first player was getting trophies, but I wasn't. I'm the one who knows what to do, I led him through everything, but this time, I didn't get credit for 5 trophies, and my friend did. this happened last week. why didn't I get credit? we tried several times. both the ones for Brandon, returning to the surface, talking to icara about Leandra's plans, and the mangoth trophy. why was I denied those trophies? how do I fix this? we have been playing local co-op.

Last edited by CarnivorousJebus; 03/11/17 01:08 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard