Next Thread
Print Thread
#578683 24/01/16 04:42 AM
J
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
OMG I'm playing Divinity 2 for Xbox 360 and Im getting my level 29 butt raped by 8 level 26's. Are you f'ing kidding me???? It seems you have to go archer or mage in this game and I hate that shit. these games are like (you can use any character you want with tons of customization's) and then you got to use a archer with explosive arrows to not get butt raped. Original sin was better balanced then this garbage. Hint, if you are going to have 20 enemy's attack the pc then give use some freakin companions or balance this shit out.

P.S. Yes this is a rage message after getting killed while fighting stone for the 20th freakin time and no I don't care if you think otherwise. this game is unbalanced shit.

P.S.S. And why does such and unbalanced game have to do something so awsome as let you change into a freakin dragon. I love and hate this game at the same time.. 8(

P.S.S.S. Ok my base stats for a 2 handed Melee character are
Vit=28
Spi=17
Str=43
Dex=20
Int=15
With armor and gear
Vit=42
Spi=20
Str=52
Dex=20
Int=15
So what the heck am I doing wrong that lower levels areraping me?

Last edited by Junkhead; 24/01/16 04:57 AM.
Junkhead #578686 24/01/16 05:39 AM
Larian Studios
Larian Studios

People have played an unarmed warrior on nightmare difficulty.
On Xbox I played a strength based, dual wielding warrior in the original release of D2:ED (on normal IIRC), and a ranger in DKS on nightmare (and avoided distributing any stat points after level 15).

Are you using the creature? With both my warrior and archer I found a mage head worked best for the creature (he was a little more aggressive, didn't get in the way as much and didn't run after distant opponents only to draw more into the fight). Some people like the warrior creature, though, for the Fatality skill, and recommend it especially for ranged characters.

You can also have one summon active at a time. Generally the ghost is considered the best defensive summon (available early and remains effective if levelled up), while the demon is the best offensive summon.

The Charm skill can also give you a temporary ally. If you charm an opponent, you only get a fraction of the experience, though (depending on how much you, the creature or a summon do compared to damage opponents do while it is charmed). The extra help more than compensates for the 'lost' experience, though. Also, since summoned opponents don't give experience, in general, you don't loose anything by charming them.

Check your equipment; maybe do a round at merchants if you have not checked for upgrades since the last time you levelled. Can you add or upgrade an Increased Damage and Increased Magical Damage enchantment to your sword? For armour I almost always went with Life Line, then Increased Mana and then whatever resistance type I needed most. For jewellery I went with Static Charge first, Healing Aura on a couple pieces, and then whatever.
I stuck to level 9 enchantments to conserve malachite gems, except for a couple of Healing Aura enchantments, which I only used after getting the level 10 formula, since they always requires a malachite gem.

Given the changes in DKS, dual wielding is more effective than 2 handed, though 2 handed is certainly viable.

Anyone help a newb with Warrior build ... ???

The following are focused more on mages, but get into other classes a bit.

class question! (mage advice and links to related topics)

Stat Point Distribution: What's the best way? (for a mage)

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard