Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
nommier Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
With the announcement of GOG's in Development program it seems to me like a nice idea to put the beta version of D:OS 2 on GOG as well as on Steam.

When buying the game on Kickstarter it said that you could get "Divinity: Original Sin 2 as a digital download for PC, available from Steam with Alpha and Beta access included, or DRM-free from GOG.com", which kinda irritated me because I wanted both :hahaha:

The only reason I could think of why you had to chose between a DRM-free copy and beta access was because GOG didn't have the possibility to sell games in early access.

I look forward for a reply of someone from Larian and other people :)

EDIT: formatting

Last edited by nommier; 30/01/16 03:26 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm not sure this would be a good idea. Not that it's a bad idea, but I'm not sure that the 'In Development' program is really suited for this kind of game.

What it feels like the 'In Development' program does, is for people to play and pay for games that are perpetually in development/alpha/beta/etc., like starbound and project zomboid. Those games have been in development for yeeeeaaarrrsss and the public has had access to them for yeeeaaarrrssss and they haven't burnt out yet.

Support
Support

It was said during the Kickstarter that the beta might also be on GOG if they supported that by the time the D:OS 2 beta started, otherwise people could get Steam key for the beta and the full game on GOG.
There may still be details to work out, but it is certainly possible the D:OS alpha/beta could be on GOG.

nommier Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thank you for your reply, Raze! I really wish GOG would also got the beta/alpha.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard