Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Zelon Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
This is kind of a thread for the future, but with the informations we have now, which race/background speaks the most to you?

I read the Kickstarterpost for the Undead again and am most excited to play one of those. They all are very interesting and I get a PT Vibe for the ones, who lose their memories.

But I think the one with the background "raised" reads the most interesting. And the Undead seem to be also more suited for the Hall of Echoes as an integral part of the story.

Last edited by Zelon; 18/02/16 02:46 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I like the Lizardman race. I haven't really read into the backgrounds yet though. But I've always like Lizardman people.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Dwarf !
Because Dwarf.

stranger
stranger
I haven't fully decided. I'm leaning towards the Lizards (for Design, but also from straying away from the normal Lizard-Folk Trope), or the Imps (Warcraft Goblins translated to Divinity, but are even more insane). I'm still trying to learn the lore...

veteran
veteran
I have some ideas for chars I want as main char or as party member

Flora Bloom
She is an elf who discovered as child that she has strong source powers. She was not very beautiful for an elf (though she had many human lovers and even a dwarf) so she tried to improve herself with source magic. It went wrong and she became partly a plant. With her brown skin and green hair,eyes and teeth she looks very strange, but she gained the ability to talk to plants and so she became a famous gardener. For over 200 years she worked in the royal garden of the elf king. They had many problems with rabbits there and so she learned to hate them (and most other animal who eat plants) and she became also a good hunter. She wears cloth and shoes made of cow leather (another animal that eats plants) and gloves, a scarf and hat made of rabbit. This makes her look even stranger because she wears rabbit pelt even in the hottest summer. When the divine order started to hunt sourcerers, she had to escape.

abilities: good in alchemy, earth and water magic and combat with bows. She dislikes fire and most animals.

special ability: She can summon her hunting dog. The dog is not strong, but fast and tough. His special attack is, that he will bite the enemy and not release it until it is dead. The victim must do a saving throw every turn to get rid of the dog. Otherwise the dog will keep on biting. While the dog bites, the victim takes some damage and is slowed. The dog cannot do anything else while biting.

With water and earth magic, a bow and a pet that makes enemies slower she is perfect in kiting enemies from the distance.

----------------------------------------------------

Igor

Igor is very strong, but he has a very low intelligence. He lives on a farm with his parents. He is kind and gentle and he likes animals and children. One day an evil sourcerer came along and he realized that Igor has a strong source potential. He paid Igors parent to take Igor with him, he told them he would educate Igor. In his lair, he performed experiments on Igor to release his source power. The experiment was successful, well kind of. Igor gained great strengh, but he fell into a rage and destroyed everything around him, including his master. Igor did not realize that his master was evil. He felt ashamed for killing his master and he did not dare to return to his parents, so he remained in the lair. But he had to escape when the divine order came.

abilities: The sourcerer trained Igor to be an assassin. He is very strong and dual wields strengh based weapons. He has also some skills in sneaking and lockpicking. Because of his low intelligence he is not good with magic.

special ability "Source Rage": Once per battle Igor gaines great strengh and performs special attacks for 3 turns. In his rage he cannot be controlled and he will attack the closest target(s) with brute force, no matter if it is friend, foe or neutral. The rage is so exhausting that he will get penalties for the next 3 rounds after the rage ends.

Note: playing a strong idiot in arcanum was super funny.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
Zelon Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
@Madscientist

Those are really good ideas, but this thread was created to write about the already existing backgrounds and races and not the ones, you want to exist.

Maybe you could open your own thread, because, like I said, I think these backgrounds are really neat and maybe we can discuss them there:)?

@norD

Good reason! I also like the design of the armors and the backstory of the empire has some potential.

@DraconicGaming

Imps would be really cool. Maybe we finally can play them in OS 3. With Flamethrowers! And big bombs!

Last edited by Zelon; 20/02/16 09:42 PM.
veteran
veteran
Sorry Zelon, but what existing backgrounds are already known?
All I know is the demo with the noble girl, the boy who wants to kill her and a dwarf and an elf I know nothing about.

groovy Prof. Dr. Dr. Mad S. Tist groovy

World leading expert of artificial stupidity.
Because there are too many people who work on artificial intelligence already :hihi:
Zelon Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I did write, that this is a thread for the future, didn't I?

That means for future updates and the finished games. Also, if it works out, your ideas may go under. Would be sad.

S
veteran
veteran
S
Definitly rolling with Lizard, mostly cause Dwarves are boring, im angry about Elves and Humans are moslty cool in settings that have a variety of human cultures.

It helps that Lizards are pretty cool in general and i like the idea that they are an ancient empire with a ridiculous eugenics programm.

Cant wait to see what their origin stories may be.
My best guess is that you can either play one that is "lower class" read who is not "perfect" in terms of genetics and looks and the other choice would most likley be one who is "Ideal" and thus kind of upper class or the lizard equivalent of a noble.

Now it would be quite tempting to go full Edmund, but it realy depends what choices we get and how the Lizards are actually portrayed.
Tho playing some sort of arrogant conqureror would definitly be interresting.

veteran
veteran
So I am the weird one that wants to play as an undead mage?

Zelon Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
So I am the weird one that wants to play as an undead mage?

Just the "Mage"-part^^. I want to play a Knight!

veteran
veteran
Besides, do we already know ALL the racial skills and racial options?

Zelon Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
No, we still wait for the elves (cannibals. No, really, they shall get skills through eating) and humans. I guess humans get extra ability points and all that.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hello. I can't find any information about the loreand the races by now. Where can I find it please ? :) Thanks.

N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by Maoboy31
Hello. I can't find any information about the loreand the races by now. Where can I find it please ? smile Thanks.

There is not a lot of stuff released yet because we are creating the game.
You can go on our kickstarter page and find information on some of the races.

Lizards
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1340957
Undead
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1342625
Dwarves
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1352525

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by norD
Originally Posted by Maoboy31
Hello. I can't find any information about the loreand the races by now. Where can I find it please ? smile Thanks.

There is not a lot of stuff released yet because we are creating the game.
You can go on our kickstarter page and find information on some of the races.

Lizards
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1340957
Undead
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1342625
Dwarves
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1352525

Well, if so, when can we hope to play with the alpha?

stranger
stranger
Someone call us BORING? The only boring thing about Dwarves are our well crafted mining networks, where you shall be BURIED.
My band of Dwarves shall lay waste to every dwarf hater in the game, every stinking elf and anyone who looks at any of my dwarves wrong will taste axe >: |

Will there be lich subclass to build when chosen undead character ?

stranger
stranger
The undead make me wonder if different races will have different spell access. I cant see an Undead hydromancer using heal spells, like zombie wouldnt it hurt them? But a Lich hydromancer WOULD have for excellent damaging ice spells, since they often have chilling effects and near immunity to the element.
Would be really nice to see, a few spells removed and a few spells added for each race.

Humans!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard