Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 57 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 56 57
Support
Support

That may help. It was just checked on PS4, as well, and the display and damage reflected the buffs.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Raze

That may help. It was just checked on PS4, as well, and the display and damage reflected the buffs.

Here's a video demonstrating what happens for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsHzsIN0ubo

Tooltip says 306-546 crushing damage. Damage dealt in video is well under 250 against a target with zero armor.

Last edited by LudicSavant; 23/02/16 11:21 AM.
Support
Support

Equipment is not the only factor in determining damage reduction due to resistances.
When you tested with level 1 characters you should have been doing within the listed weapon damage range, with bonuses for a power stance or Oath of Desecration.

L
stranger
stranger
L

Equipment is not the only factor in determining damage reduction due to resistances.

What factor is causing the huge damage reduction in the video, then? The video showed the target character's build. Moreover, damage was identical with or without the stance/oath, suggesting that this is not due to some hidden reduction.

When you tested with level 1 characters you should have been doing within the listed weapon damage range, with bonuses for a power stance or Oath of Desecration.

This is not the case.

Here's another video, which demonstrates that I am getting damage well below the minimum damage in the tooltip against a zero armor target using both power stance and oath of desecration at level 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlt959YxnU8

Edit: Here's a third video demonstrating that the lowered damage is *not* the result of some reduction factor that I have not considered. As shown in this video, the damage with melee power stance / oath of desecration is exactly the same as the damage without. The buffs are doing nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFauq7Qn7io

This appears to apply for one-handed weapons, dual-wielding, two-handed weapons, and a wide variety of skills.

Last edited by LudicSavant; 23/02/16 01:12 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
more proof of bugged tooltips w.r.t damage:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DivinityOr...bility_impact_on_expert_marksman/cy4f8s2

it seems all ranger skills use ONLY weapon damage in determining the actual damage of the attack, but the tooltip damage includes things like +bow damage, power stance damage, and oath damage.

Last edited by RedAlert; 23/02/16 08:51 PM.
Support
Support

I thought you were referring to weapon damage initially, rather than skill damage. Skills which use weapon damage take the base damage, while the tooptip shows the boosted damage if there are any buffs in effect; I've created a bug report for that.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Which part is unintended... the tooltips (for both the buffs and the damaging abilities) claiming that all damage is boosted, or the damage not being applied?

Support
Support

The tooltips are wrong; the skills are using the base damage as intended.

L
stranger
stranger
L

The tooltips are wrong; the skills are using the base damage as intended.

Thanks for the clarification.

In that case, I would say the problem isn't just the damage numbers from the skills, it's also the misleading tooltips from the buffs themselves. Bow, Oath of Desecration, Melee Power Stance, and the like should probably clarify that they only augment certain kinds of attacks so that players can make informed build decisions.

As is, it's extremely unintuitive that skills like Precise Incision are not affected while skills like Burning Touch are.

Last edited by LudicSavant; 25/02/16 03:06 PM.
L
stranger
stranger
L
Update regarding inaccurate tooltips / buff damage.

Here is video proof that spells such as Freezing Touch and Fireball, completely unlike many other skills, work with Melee Power Stance and Oath on PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UPAdI6sMrE

Stuff that works with damage buffs (such as Power Stance or Oath or the Bow ability):
- Grenades (tested with Nail Bombs and Armor Piercing Grenades)
- Elemental spells (tested with Burning Touch, Freezing Touch)
- Scrolls of such spells (tested with Fireball)
- Normal attacks (tested with a bow)

Stuff that does not work with damage buffs (such as Power Stance or Oath or the Bow ability):
- Man at Arms, Scoundrel, and Expert Marksman skills (Tested with Ricochet, Crippling Blow, Precise Incision)
- Special arrows (tested with Water Arrows, Steamcloud Arrows, Explosive Arrows, Freezing Arrows). That's right, special arrow damage is not increased by ranks in Bow.

Also, there are tons of other tooltip bugs. For example, while all other special arrows list *incorrect* damage, Charming Arrows say they don't do any damage at all (even though they actually do quite a lot), and Water Arrows say that they put out fires *OR* deal (wildly incorrectly listed) water damage, though it does both simultaneously (e.g. it should be a conjunction, not a dysjunction).

Last edited by LudicSavant; 25/02/16 04:23 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Wow, spells work with melee power stance? So, taking 1 point in man-at-arms with mages is super useful.

Support
Support

Charming arrows don't say they don't do any damage (smokescreen arrows do), they just don't mention damage.

In general, special arrow damage should be based on the buffed weapon damage (so the tooltips are correct in that case), and will be fixed in the next update.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by RedAlert
Wow, spells work with melee power stance?

Yep!

Charming arrows don't say they don't do any damage (smokescreen arrows do), they just don't mention damage.

Yes, though I think that's essentially the same thing in context (a context where everything else that deals damage mentions that it deals damage). Either way, it ought to mention how much damage it does just like every other special arrow tooltip (or at least, just as every other special arrow tooltip is intended to).

Speaking of clarifying tooltips, Divine Light could probably stand to mention that it clears surfaces and fog.

Another common bug:
Almost every time I tell a companion to go home, and then invite another companion to the party, and then try to change their equipment in the equipment screen, the equipment list is bugged (showing items of the wrong type, wrong icons and mismatched names, etc) and I have to reload the game to fix it.

In general, special arrow damage should be based on the buffed weapon damage (so the tooltips are correct in that case), and will be fixed in the next update.

Interesting. Seems like Rangers are getting a buff, then.

Last edited by LudicSavant; 26/02/16 04:22 PM.
Support
Support

That is a known issue the the Equipment window, which will be fixed in the next update. Reloading a save in the homestead before recruiting a companion back will also prevent the problem.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Hi,
In the old church basements the King of the Source chest has a lock on it.

If you move the chest away, the lock is still at its place... It won't move with the chest.

Cheers,
Sam

C
C
I recall somebody mentionning that a beautiful melody is not heard anymore in the End of Time.

I think it was that one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StLLp4Jgw2o

Is this going to be fixed in the next update?

stranger
stranger
I am having an unbelievable amount of issues with the Digital PS4 Enhanced edition of the game from just from trying to save the game. I've lost well over 2 days worth of progress because of trying to manual save the game (since quick saves instantly crashes), and its caused me to have to replay fights, loose out on legendary drops, and crafting gear with great stats. This is more the ridiculous, and needs to be addressed ASAP! What are Gamer's supposed to do when doing the one thing meant to prevent lost game play has become the main cause of all the lost game play? I've seriously had more crashes in this game alone, trying to save than all the games I've played in 35 years. How is that even possible? I seriously can not go a day without a minimal of 5 crashes trying to save. If anything saving a game should be the holy grail of the game but in this case it's the rot bringing it down. I'm Seriously starting to regret purchasing this product digital as I'm stuck with the game now, and there's no way of getting any type of return on my purchase. I have 148 hours on this play through yet I've lost enough time because of crashes to have already finished the game. It wouldn't be so bad but getting a response on this issue for us folks who refuse to subject ourselves to the cesspool that is social media seems impossible. I really want to love this game as its probably one if not the best turn based RPG I've ever played, but this saving game causing it to crash issue makes me loath it. ouch

Last edited by Nightlistic; 04/03/16 03:38 AM.
Support
Support

There has been an issue fixed that could cause a crash when saving and another issue still being looked into.

If you email supportdos@larian.com, with a brief description (especially if there is something specific you can to that will usually cause a crash, in addition to quicksaves consistently crashing), I will create a support issue to get a programmer to take a look at it, and see if it is a known issue.

You would need to transfer the save(s) to a USB flash drive first.
In the Saved Data in System Storage section of the Settings menu, click Copy to USB Storage Device, select the save(s) and Copy. From there you can zip the files, then copy to email or upload to Dropbox or Google drive, etc, and provide a link.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi, im missing arhu, he is not in his lab. I had conversation with him right after coming out of End of Time ( he seemed to be bugged, i saw him in the cave ~ normally he should run up to you...) Can i fix this somehow? I googled some, but they say i have to wait and run into him further into the story.

Support
Support

Do you have a recent save before you left the homestead, that you can reload?

When you enter the next main map area, Arhu will approach you again, and should them move to the homestead. It is possible to reach Luculla Forest early in the game, with a bit of sneaking.
North east of town, out the gate by the legion headquarters, stop at the bridge before the fire area (just north of the mill where there are a couple NPCs), and select a single character to start sneaking (cast rain there, if you have it; Jahan does, if he is in your party). Keep along the ridge that is running to the north east until you pass a couple of opponents; there is a larger opponent next that is easier to sneak past if you wait until it turns around and starts heading north, then move east and north around it, go past a waypoint portal and keep going a bit before un-sneaking. Try not to take any fire damage along the way, or you'll drop out of sneak mode.
The other characters can teleport to the waypoint, but should either sneak first or wait until the opponent moves south again (depending on character level, party build and fire resistance).
Periodic saves during this process wouldn't be a bad idea.

Page 34 of 57 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard