Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 57 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 56 57
Support
Support

No, there is no way to resurrect normal NPCs, which is what companions become when they are dismissed from the party. I reported this for D:OS, but that is the intended behaviour.
In the EE, quest items directly in a companion or henchman's inventory will be removed then they leave the party, at least.

I reported an issue where companions that leave with a DOT effect can die in the Hall of Heroes. Admittedly this is a pretty rare occurrence, so was give a low priority, but depending on how this may be addressed, it could also help with companions in the homestead while it is under attack.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hey Raze smile

could you please tell me why those f****** Sound Issues are still not fixed in v2.0.133.775?
I cannot believe that it we are still waiting for a simple Sound-Patch!!!
Sound still randomly cuts out during battles! shame sad

My patience has run out!!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

Last edited by john carmack; 13/03/16 03:01 PM.
E
stranger
stranger
E
Hi,

I have the elemental staff and am at the elemental forge and I try to pick up my staff and put it in the elemental forge but I either receive "Not enough space", "Path blocked", "Too high" or the staff just sits in the forge and doesn't do anything. I remember from the original that you got the two turning wheels and it would look like it was being crafted and then the three elementals would appear. I cannot get the forge to accept my staff. What am I doing wrong or is it bugged?

sfb123

Support
Support

john carmack;
Because it is apparently neither as simple nor as high priority as you assume.

Excalibur123;
Standing near the Elemental Forge, you should be able to have a character interact with it in order to bring up the crafting window (with the forge filled in as one component), then add the Elemental Staff and combine. It will show a red X briefly, since there is no physical result of the crafting, but trigger the appearance of some elementals, one of whom starts a conversation immediately.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I have tried that as well with no luck. Absolutely nothing happens.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I have a pretty serious issue that has rendered my game "unplayable" and want to know if it's a "known issue" or not. It seems to be stemmed from the PS4 port as it's the only port I currently play on.

I can no longer save the game through any means. I am up to the point where the door at the end of time has opened for the respec demon and the imps running around rampant. I can't seem to sustain my saves anymore after about 30 minutes of gameplay. I load an old save file and can save again, but when I load my latest file with the furthest progress in the game I can play for maybe 10-15 minutes and the errors return, and once the error and saves start failing they continue to do so, regardless of zone. I get an error 523,524, and 525, quicksave failed. Same happens with autosaves, and hard saves.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the issue continues to persist, I don't know what to do :(. I love this game so much, I play it co-op with my brother and we have an absolute blast. Just told him that the save function no longer works in game and we have to halt our progress until it's fixed by devs. What can be done and how quickly can this be fixed so that we can resume our game play?

-Eedin

Last edited by Eedin; 14/03/16 04:29 PM.
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Excalibur123
I have tried that as well with no luck. Absolutely nothing happens.

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with your save at the elemental forge (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).

For Windows you can use the report.zip file generated by the D:OS EE Analysis Tool.
Extract the zip file somewhere and run AnalysisTool.exe. When that loads, browse to the install folder (if it is not automatically detected), optionally run the tests first, and then generate a report (it will be saved in the same location as the Analysis Tool).

The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, you can delete most of the saves from the zip (double click the zip file to open it in Windows Explorer, then browse down to the savegames folder).

For OSX, saves can be zipped by right clicking the folder(s) and selecting Compress, in the folder:
~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames

Linux is similar, with the saves in the home directory.

PS4 saves can be sent, as well, but would need to be transferred to a USB flash drive first.
In the Saved Data in System Storage section of the Settings menu, click Copy to USB Storage Device, select the relevant save(s) and Copy. From there you can optionally zip the files, then copy to email or upload to Dropbox or Google drive, etc, and provide a link.

Originally Posted by Eedin
I have a pretty serious issue that has rendered my game "unplayable" and want to know if it's a "known issue" or not.

That is a known issue, that should be fixed in today's update.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Raze

No, there is no way to resurrect normal NPCs, which is what companions become when they are dismissed from the party. I reported this for D:OS, but that is the intended behaviour.
In the EE, quest items directly in a companion or henchman's inventory will be removed then they leave the party, at least.

I reported an issue where companions that leave with a DOT effect can die in the Hall of Heroes. Admittedly this is a pretty rare occurrence, so was give a low priority, but depending on how this may be addressed, it could also help with companions in the homestead while it is under attack.

Ah, I had hoped they would rethink that mechanic. It seems silly to cut out full parts of the story and have companions die because they just stand in one spot in the hall. Oh well, I've not played in a very long time so I'll just go back to a save before they died. The idea of doing that before when all that progress was still fresh in my mind was daunting to say the least. Now it's no biggie.

This game makes me so happy. Maybe it's because I'm not a super good gamer but I would like a little more hand-holding in terms of quests and such, maybe markers on the map? I know a lot of people don't want that though...maybe a toggle? I've just gotten so confused that I am doing side quests completely out of order! Oops. Maybe I should go finish up all my side quests and start again with a guide or something.

"You either die the hero or live to see yourself brought back in the sequel as an angsty magical terrorist."
-Serious brownie points if you get the character to whom I am referring.-
K
stranger
stranger
K
Two peculiar observations, however, I did not read the whole thread to check, whether this was reported earlier:

1. The innocent "angry chest"
When my party entered Black Cove in Cyseal, 2nd floor downstairs, they met their first "angry chest" (a chest which attacks unexpectedly by spitting gold). Because this happened amidst several crabs, the whole party fled and approached again, killing one crab after another after luring it to the other side of the bridge; finally, only the angry chest was left.
My pyromancer approached and started to hit it with "flare" from some distance. To my greatest delight, the angry chest spoke up and complained about being attacked - did it realize it's hopeless situation and tried to trick us?

Nevertheless, it died in an animation no less impressive than it's spitting gold attack animation. Very nice. But then, my main characters started a (trait changing) conversation about killing or protecting the citizens of Cyseal. Quite odd here.

Note: I did not use any metagaming knowledge or attack the chest unprovoked; the party had already been attacked by that angry chest. DOS EE Tactician under Windows, Version 2.0.104.737

2. Immaculates standing on lava after resurrection
In Luculla forest, on the way to the giant bloodstone to "close the rift", my party fought groups of immaculates beside large patches of lava. Some immaculates died a quick and hot death after Jahan teleported them into the lava. An immaculate priest resurrected some of the dead on the same (!) spot amidst the lava - but they did not die immediately again, they just stood there unharmed and my party killed them with remote attacks.
Neither AI nor surface physics look really good here. DOS EE Tactician under Windows, Version 2.0.113.775

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGk0ZBsLd1c&feature=youtu.be

Music cuts at "20 second" and does not come back!

(Voice, FX and Ambient Sounds are still on - but the Music stops and does not come back!)

enthusiast
enthusiast
John the video is set to private.... smile

Pride, honour and purity
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Aenra
John the video is set to private.... smile

sorry...
Public now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGk0ZBsLd1c&feature=youtu.be

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Just had a strange occurrence related to "Crawling Infestation":

I went to Phantom Forest and battled one of the infested knights, who managed to apply CI to Wulgraf.
According to the status effect, I have 3 turns to kill the enemy before CI kills my guy.
However, after just one turn, Wulgraf got killed.
According to some other thread I found, CI seems to be useless for your own party, but what I had here paints it pretty OP for the enemy.

Edit: Probably found the reason for what happened.
It might be that with the very last AP of his turn, Wulgraf walked into the insta-kill area surrounding the entrance to Phantom Forest, which then killed him and triggered the death-effect of CI.
The area is a little bit larger than the fog-effect, so I didn't notice it until it happened again later.

Last edited by El Zoido; 20/03/16 11:48 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
I'm presuming that I'm just being a dumb-ass, but I just cannot seem to craft the arrowheads with any of the debuff potions.
My crafter is crafting level 6(base 4 plus equipment), but even if this is too low I should just get a "possible combination" which ain't happening.
Any clues?

Support
Support

The debuff potion arrow recipes were removed from the EE.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Is that not a contradiction in terms, in my book - when you remove you streamline, when you add you enhance. I, obviously, bought the wrong version.
What am I to do with all these lovely potions? Perhaps I should quaff them and allow my enemies to thrash me. O woe is me, I have the blood of needlessly hacked herbs, severed spices, maligned mushrooms, and lost lotions on my hands...

Thanks for the info Raze.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Hi, all!

Now, I'm gonna cut to the chase. When I press "continue" or "new game" on the main menu my game simply won't load. The loading bar doesn't move at all. I've looked on the internet for a solution and after about an hour of searching for an fix, I gave up.
I'm around the point of going into Luc forest (don't know if this has anything to do with it). I have never had problems with the game before so I'm sorta not fond of this change of events... I would really like to play some DOS:EE right now...
:(

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by NefariousScholar
Hi, all!

Now, I'm gonna cut to the chase. When I press "continue" or "new game" on the main menu my game simply won't load. The loading bar doesn't move at all. I've looked on the internet for a solution and after about an hour of searching for an fix, I gave up.
I'm around the point of going into Luc forest (don't know if this has anything to do with it). I have never had problems with the game before so I'm sorta not fond of this change of events... I would really like to play some DOS:EE right now...
frown

Are you playing the Steam version? If so, try to verify the local game files - sometimes they can get corrupted.

Support
Support

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game? Firewalls have also caused conflicts, including this issue after the last update, with some wanting to re-verify permissions for the game.

Try switching to windowed mode, or Alt-Tab out of the game to see if there are any popup conformation windows from your anti-virus or firewall program.

Problems with network drivers or a network card can also cause these symptoms, and when clicking on Join from the main menu, an error about network initialization.
In this case, it should help to reset your network adapter (instructions below, if required), but since the game was working fine, an issue with a firewall program seems more likely.

- click Start (or Search in Win 10), type cmd into the search box, right click Command Prompt and select run as administrator.
- type the following command and hit Enter
netsh winsock reset
- when that is done, there should be a message 'Winsock reset completed successfully'
- type exit and hit Enter, then reboot your computer.
For more details, see:
https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Resetting_Network_Adapter_(Winsock_Reset)

To verify local files: in the Steam library, right click on Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Raze

Problems with network drivers or a network card can also cause these symptoms, and when clicking on Join from the main menu, an error about network initialization.
In this case, it should help to reset your network adapter (instructions below, if required), but since the game was working fine, an issue with a firewall program seems more likely.

- click Start (or Search in Win 10), type cmd into the search box, right click Command Prompt and select run as administrator.
- type the following command and hit Enter
netsh winsock reset
- when that is done, there should be a message 'Winsock reset completed successfully'
- type exit and hit Enter, then reboot your computer.
For more details, see:
https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Resetting_Network_Adapter_(Winsock_Reset)

Hi Raze

Just tried the command promp thingy and it worked. I'm ecstatic! thank you for helping me with my problem. I can now peacefully, and hopefully bug free ;); continue my game!

Page 36 of 57 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard