Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Support
Support

What was the link? I can remove it from the spam filter.

enthusiast
enthusiast
heh, very kind of you, but i deleted it when i edited the post..

No big deal anyway, just a scan from the actual cartoon, the diviner politely asking if he could perhaps "facilitate" the process by "reading" Idéfix, lol

Pride, honour and purity
E
stranger
stranger
E
Just wanted to chime in and ask if we could even just get a status update. Even if there is no release date, just let us know whats happening with this atm / were are the team and/or what are they stuck on.

Would just be nice to hear what the progress is and the reason its still in production?

Support
Support

AFAIK the editor just needs to be update/tested with the game update that is currently being worked on.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Raze

AFAIK the editor just needs to be update/tested with the game update that is currently being worked on.

Well, that certainly can reflect a broad time range from tomorrow to months down the road but glad to hear it's on the way someday.

I recently beat the game (which was difficult; fantastic!) and would love to delve into making my own stories and world.

Can we allow other races in our mods at character creation? Sorry, it's a burning question I have in anticipation of the EE editor.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by NutJob

Can we allow other races in our mods at character creation? Sorry, it's a burning question I have in anticipation of the EE editor.

Yeah it can probably be done, but would require a bit of hackery to make it work elegantly. Also you wouldn't have all the options for portraits and such.

The other problem is many of the other models for NPCS do not have all the animations the human player templates have.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I think I need to stop checking this thread hourly. -laughs-

addict
addict
It's, uh... been some time. Is the next EE patch still coming with the EE-updated editor?

I'm sure I'll notice Steam updating the game when it comes, but I've been wanting to get back into the EE recently and have this nagging desire to only do so if I can create some items in the campaign from an editor...

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Unless i'm mistaken, the editor won't be out simultaneously with the patch. First the patch coming out, then some extra QA with the editor so they can see how well it 'behaves' with the latest game version. This is the best case scenario (dreadfully* long as that can take) at the moment.

Worst case scenario is they finish all patches for all versions (rather than pushing the console port patches further back, delayed as they already are), and THEN start QA-ing for the editor.

*edit: ok hyperbole, lol.. but it HAS been too damn long already :p

Last edited by Aenra; 06/03/16 01:45 PM.

Pride, honour and purity
N
stranger
stranger
N
Steam is updating! Can't wait to get into the editor and start creating.

F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Don't think this is the editor patch. This seems to a small bugfix patch.

apprentice
apprentice
No editor yet but excited to see that it's forthcoming! After untold hours spent modding NWN, the Elder Scrolls series, the Fallout series, and Dragon Age: Origins I am excited at the prospect of modding and downloading community creations for the enhanced edition.

I mean as great as the game is already there are a few aesthetic tweaks I'd like and of course the idea of whole new worlds and stories to explore from other players is just super exciting.

"You either die the hero or live to see yourself brought back in the sequel as an angsty magical terrorist."
-Serious brownie points if you get the character to whom I am referring.-
old hand
old hand
So, is today the day or do we roll into next week suspicion

Support
Support

Maybe today, if a remaining issue can be resolved.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Guys make a proper announcement. The more awareness, the higher chances for some 'real' mods.
(ie non-graphical ones..)

I suppose further incentivising through some 'official' competition or other is out of the question?
edit: Perhaps three D:OS2 copies, for the three best voted?

Last edited by Aenra; 19/03/16 03:12 AM.

Pride, honour and purity
N
enthusiast
enthusiast
N
Originally Posted by Aenra
Guys make a proper announcement. The more awareness, the higher chances for some 'real' mods.
(ie non-graphical ones..)

I suppose further incentivising through some 'official' competition or other is out of the question?
edit: Perhaps three D:OS2 copies, for the three best voted?

I'll pass the idea to the team. I like that.

enthusiast
enthusiast
ooh, nice!
Thank you ^^

Pride, honour and purity
addict
addict
So the EE Editor is going to be ready soon, then? That's quite shiny.

One question, though. Will the EE Editor be separate from the D:OS Editor (The Divinity Engine), or will it be an upgrade, requiring just an update?

My apologies if I'm missing important facts, I haven't been following the forums for anything other than spam cleaning for a good while now.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
Support
Support

It will be separate from the D:OS editor.

old hand
old hand

Last edited by SniperHF; 21/03/16 05:08 PM.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard