Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
I helped fund DOS and DOS 2 originally on Kickstarter and very curious if credits will ever roll into the Enhanced Edition.

Personally imo its odd that you are pushing obviously the Enhanced Edition but forgetting the people that helped fund you originally with DOS.

I am almost speculating that Larian will do the same thing once DOS 2 releases but whats the point of having your name in credits if Larian just replaces the game with a enhanced edition and then drop the KS credits?

I believe it would be the right thing to do in remembering your kickstarter fanbase but that is just my vote.

Last edited by rhiggins; 01/04/16 07:59 AM.
Support
Support

The removal of the Kickstarter credits has nothing to do with forgetting anyone.
With the Enhanced Edition, some things had to be changed for balancing reasons (like the henchmen design) or localization issues (summon names), and eventually for various reasons all of the direct Kickstarter content was removed from the game. Ultimately, the EE is a separate game, rather than an update.

For D:OS 2, the intent is not to need to have to do an enhanced edition.

R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Originally Posted by Raze

The removal of the Kickstarter credits has nothing to do with forgetting anyone.
With the Enhanced Edition, some things had to be changed for balancing reasons (like the henchmen design) or localization issues (summon names), and eventually for various reasons all of the direct Kickstarter content was removed from the game. Ultimately, the EE is a separate game, rather than an update.

For D:OS 2, the intent is not to need to have to do an enhanced edition.

Thank you Raze for your response.

The only thing I would have to say is no one plays DOS when DOS EE is the flagship or upgrade of DOS and it still utilizes the same name minus the "Enhanced Edition" I am just surprised that Larian made this decision.

Last edited by rhiggins; 01/04/16 05:01 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard