Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
After trying many times, I've given up on the lava jumping puzzle and the platforms in the mine. From what I find on here they are not essential to the story-line, so it doesn't bother me to miss out on loot. But if there are more of these, that are essential to finishing the game, I may as well give up right now. I'm not criticising the game; the problem is my lack of co-ordination (RL dex of about 2 sad )

Support
Support

The puzzle one in the mine just gives loot.

Have you gone through Maxos temple yet? There is a required series of platforms there, though not timing critical as in the Depleted Ore mine puzzle. If you meant the platforms in Barnabus' cave for the lava jumping puzzle, or the key in the High Halls mine, you must be past there already.

It may help if you remap some keys (I switched jump to the Numpad 0 key, for example, to be beside the arrow keys).
A controller should make things easier for jumping, as well, if available.
You would need to use something like AntiMicro to map mouse movement to a gamepad stick, etc (it has included stick profiles for mouse, WASD, arrow keys, etc).
To avoid a problem with the camera resetting, you may need to start the game with the controller unplugged, and plug it in afterwards.

If needed, in the Developer Mode version of the Developer's Cut release, you could morph into a small flying creature (ladybug) to get through some of the jumping sections. When morphing back to the 'Player' character model, the male model is used; you'd have to visit an illusionist to switch genders, if you are playing a female character (there is one in the battle tower dining hall).

A
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
A
Thanks for the quick reply. It was the Barnabus' cave puzzle. Just after I posted, I gave it another try, and by some fluke got through the first (sinking) platforms. That made me more hopeful, so I persisted, making LOTS of saves along the way, and finally succeeded. The game rewarded my persistence with a good piece of armour in the chest, and in another area an undead dropped epic level earrings, so I'm happy. I think the problem is simply that I'm in my sixties, which is hardly the target demographic for these games. If they made it so I could do these puzzles with no trouble, younger players would be bored to death!
Oh, I'd met Hermaphroditus - his? voice is hilarious.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard