Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 57 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 56 57
B
stranger
stranger
B
Maybe keep that in mind for an Enhanced EE;)

Support
Support

D:OS 2, anyway (as far as design issues to look out for).

T
stranger
stranger
T
Apologies if this belongs in the 'mods' thread, I wasn't too sure.
After a million zillion hours of happy play I thought I'd try adding one of the mods that are out there. I selected what appeared to be a simple one that required only one text file (ItemCombos.txt) be placed in ~/GOG Games/Divinity_Original_Sin/game/Data/Public/Shared/Stats/. Not too much of a stretch, I thought.
Anyway, simple question; do I have to start a new game for this to work? because the new recipes don't work on an existing saved game.

Support
Support

Is this mod for D:OS Classic, or the Enhanced Edition?

Does the mod page or a readme file mention needing to start a new game?

Are there any new recipes that can you can test in a new game? (using stuff you can get from character creation, like a knife with certain starting classes, or early in the game, like branches, flour and water, etc)

A
addict
addict
A
The path looks quite strange. Neither Classic Version nor Enhanced Edition have this 'game' folder above 'Data'. If you use the mod for EE the file goes to: Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Public\Shared\Stats\ .
For Classic Version as far as I see (I have not modded Classic Version) it goes to Divinity Original Sin\Data\Public\Main\Stats.

These are the structures of the Steam versions. But I think GOG and Steam versions are identical here.

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
T
stranger
stranger
T
This is 'optional' part of the "scales" EE mod from Nexus by Baardvaark, Just trying this option, not full mod (I tend to be cautious). There's no mention of a restart, but that's why I posted in the first place, I thought that maybe some sort of crafting table was generated during character creation.
So I spent some time looking through the text and found a Crafting 1 knife with cloth armor combo, created myself a rogue and wizard with scientist trait. I found that not only could I not do a 'woman scorned' on my cloths but also I found an animal hide during looting and couldn't slash that up either!
Guess I am trying to use a mod that just doesn't work?
Is there a difference between classic and EE mods that can be engineered to work correctly?

T
stranger
stranger
T
Well, I used the GoG install. It created a docs, game and support folder above Data. So I guess it must be different to Steam?
It did try to create "Divinity Original Sin - Enhanced Edition", but I cut the EE bit out during install.

A
addict
addict
A
There's no mention of a restart

Crafting changes apply on existing games. There's no need to restart.

Well, I used the GoG install. It created a docs, game and support folder above Data.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. But to install the mod you have to copy the 'Data' folder of the mod (after unpacking the file) into the main directory of your game. The result should be: Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Public\Shared\Stats\ItemCombos for EE and Divinity Original Sin\Data\Public\Main\Stats\ItemCombos for Classic version (I doubt Baardvark's crafting file would work for Classic version due to different data; the result could be the game crashing or just some recipes not working).

Please don't install this mod different from Baardvark's description.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Thanks Abraxas, that first bit was all I really wanted to know - no restart necessary, I can now look at why it doesn't work using a character that has the higher skill levels.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Here are some bugs:

Arhu in cat form whispers to me whenever I am in Silverglen, "Psst, over here Hunter, it's me." However, I can't click on him. Here's why: I've already done this. When I first arrived in Silverglen, he did this same thing. I talked to him, etc. Then I went back, albeit much later, and killed Braccus Rex to finally progress the story. At that point on, Arhu started showing up again in Silverglen trying to whisper to me.

Another bug: you can kill the bodyguard in Nadia's shop and neither Nadia nor her son will do anything. You have to kill him though in order to be able to pickpocket or steal anything in the store, because he doesn't rotate to talk to your characters so you can't distract him.

Another bug: mass improving items doesn't work. If you make a whole bunch of axes, for instance, using Iron Bar or what have you, you can make them all using the Recipe list in one go. Then the "Improved Axe" will light up, to improve them via Whetstone (if you're standing between the Anvil and the Whetstone, otherwise just move to the Whetstone). And it will show the same number as you made or however many Axes or weapons you have in your inventory. When you click Combine, it says it does it, but it actually doesn't do anything to the items. You have to individually drag/click every weapon to combine it one at a time with the whetstone to improve it.

Another bug: Magic Needle and Thread doesn't disappear when you use it with Cloth Scraps. The problem though is this affects the mass crafting. If you have one Magic Needle and Thread and 30 Cloth Scraps, it will say you can make 30 Magic Robes. When you click Combine though, it only makes one at a time.

Another bug: several items can't be sold, for instance, all of the "Smelly" quest items. You can keep collecting them after you've finished the quest, but you can't sell them, only drop them. There are other similar items with this problem.

Is there any plan to make use of the many objects that currently have no purpose? Like Globes, Tubes, Lab Junk, Vial, Vial Racks, Folded Shirts... I can think of lots of crafting things that these could be used for, like getting cloth scraps from folded shirts, or making sextants out of globes. And what about Disarm Traps? We can make Lockpicks, but we can't make Disarm Traps?

One other bug: I had one of those exclamation marks appear on my character head -- I think it was to talk to Jahan, after some random battle in the forest. However, it disappeared because he died immediately after from Burning or Poison or something (combat ended so it started ticking faster). When I ressed him it was gone, so I missed that conversation.

Support
Support

It is a known issue that using a whetstone on a stack of items only improves one at a time.

It is by design that quest items can not be sold.

There aren't any official plans to add more crafting recopies, that I know of. The Scales mod page has a standalone crafting mod available.

I
stranger
stranger
I
To clarify, I mean using a Whetstone Wheel. If you have multiple items to improve on a whetstone wheel, or on an anvil, you have to improve each one individually, even though it gives you the option of improving all of them at once. Clicking on Combine will show it going through the motion, but it doesn't actually improve any of them, not even the first one.

I primarily craft large amounts of armor/weapons simply to sell them, and improving them first makes sense since you get more gold. But while I can craft the armor in one batch, I can't improve them ;-/

Thanks for the quick reply!

T
stranger
stranger
T
So, further to my previous posts....

I decided to take a step back and take a more basic approach. What I did was to take the ItemCombos.txt out of the Main.pak archive and put it at the appropriate place for where a modded one might go. The result was that I no longer received the warning message about "corrupted/damaged blah-blah not being able to play online" (cut down, but I'm sure you know the one I mean), so obviously the game saw the file as being the original, official one, but as far as crafting was concerned - nothing I tried worked.
Deduction: it's my game that failing somewhere.
Question: Anybody out there had success (or similar failure) with any modding the Linux version of this game?

I
stranger
stranger
I
There's also the bug with the Hyperopia talent where increasing Perception decreases your accuracy (even though you're supposed to be accurate). From what I've read elsewhere, this is because Hyperopia causes you to be 100% accurate at a fixed Perception amount. As you increase Perception, your range increases, and your accuracy decreases from 100% the further range you go out. So if you take Hyperopia and gradually increase your Perception, you will soon find your shots missing again.

A
addict
addict
A
@TuxBuster: It's better to use the mod section on this forum for your topic.
Have you tried to rename the MainLSF.pak file (to 'MainLSFsomething')? I don't know in detail what this file does with files outside the pak files but it's not needed by the game and can cause issues at modding as others pointed out.

I
stranger
stranger
I
None of the Debuff Potions + Arrowheads work anymore. I have all of the crafting recipes discovered and am at Crafting 5 level, but I can't use debuff intelligence, debuff poison, slow, etc. with arrowheads.

addict
addict
I remember that Raze said that debuff potion arrows can no longer be crafted in the EE. By design, not a bug.

Last edited by EinTroll; 21/04/16 03:53 AM.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
D
stranger
stranger
D
A friend and I are trying to play online co-op and every time that we move to a new area my character model stops moving for him, (He owns the game on GoG, whereas I'm playing on Steam.) But his doesn't for me, I see him moving and I can still interact with the environment, but he can't see me move and we have to reload the game or I have to disconnect/reconnect for me to look like I'm moving again, and it still happens again in the next move to an area. So any help with this issue/bug would be great.

Support
Support

Does it make a difference if you switch who is hosting?
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames_patch' folder.

Are you using the online lobby to connect or Direct Connection?

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description, your latest save and the specs for both systems (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).

For Windows you can use the report.zip file generated by the D:OS EE Analysis Tool.
Extract the zip file somewhere and run AnalysisTool.exe. When that loads, browse to the install folder (if it is not automatically detected), optionally run the tests first, and then generate a report (it will be saved in the same location as the Analysis Tool).

The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, the host can delete all but one of the saves from the zip (double click the zip file to open it in Windows Explorer, then browse down to the savegames and savegames_patch folders).
The client can delete all saves, if they try hosting, or have any from a different playthrough, etc.

For OSX, to get system specs you can use the 'System Report' button from the 'About This Mac' Apple menu item or the 'System Information' app (in the utilities folder).
Saves can be zipped by right clicking the folder(s) and selecting Compress, in the folder:
~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames_patch

Linux is similar, with the saves in the home directory.

stranger
stranger
Sorry if there was already a post about it – it's not possible to read through all 38 pages from the scratch smile

There is one small thing that is very annoying in the EE: blocking skills animations.
For example, when I want to heal all party after a battle, I'm expecting to execute healing from the first person, quickly switch to second mage, cast second heal and so on. But the game blocks EVERYTHING while skill animation working, even characters switching.

Page 38 of 57 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard