Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
enthusiast
what kind of races will be playable in D:OS2 ?
Cannot find any thread where all races are introduced?

Last edited by john carmack; 18/04/16 08:27 PM.
S
veteran
veteran
S
Humans, Elves, Dorfs, Lizards and Undead

Dwarves seem to be pretty much dwarves. Chances are humans wont be much of a surprise either.

Elves eat people to, kind of TES like, they gain memory this way, this is a gamepaly mechanic.
Lizards are an old empire ruled by a few that are deemed "perfect"; aperently this leads to its decline.
Undead there are several types, those that decided to stay on their own, those that were summoned by necromancers and those that are "civilized" undead that live in an undead society, supposedly we get to play each of them, also you can play an undead of each other race, so you can be an undead dorf or an undead lizards.
All undead will have the same racials tho from what we know, so its appearence only.

I do wonder however: What will undead armor be like?
In the concept art it appears as if undead had their own distinct armor, however logic would dictate that they wear the racial armors since they are based on the skeletons (quite literaly) of the other races, making specific undead armor would be so much more work as they had to do four times the sets.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Something like a (animal) Bird/Eagle or Wolf/Werewolf Race would be very cool too! wink

But i am fine with the current races. smile

Any chance to get another "Special Surprise" Race? laugh

Last edited by john carmack; 19/04/16 09:28 AM.
Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by john carmack
Something like a (animal) Bird/Eagle or Wolf/Werewolf Race would be very cool too! wink

But i am fine with the current races. smile

Any chance to get another "Special Surprise" Race? laugh

Probably not. The Divinity Universe has 7 races: Humans, Elves, Dwarfs, Lizards, Undead, Imps and Wizards (although Wizards are not really an independent race). So unless they add Imps to the game, we won't get any special surprise race ;-)

S
veteran
veteran
S
You could argue the Undead are already the special surprise race.

About other beastraces: honestly im already kind of salty about furries ruining beast races for the rest of us.

I enjoy playing Lizard races in games but id honestly prefer it when games to stick to that and maybe insect people or something.

M
stranger
stranger
M
is it possible to play as death knight ? like a beyond divinity ?
and for what they race ? , if undead - then this is my favorite race smile

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mmword

you are actually quite right! it would make a lot of sense!

M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Originally Posted by mmword

you are actually quite right! it would make a lot of sense!

and would be great take two orks in to party , but looks like orc race not support yet frown

Zelon Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Time to resurrect this thread:

So, how much do we like the background and of the Alpha races so far?

I have to say, I really like the "memory-eater" skill of the elves. It really is a useful and fun feature. Sadly I have now to take an elf with me, because it is so useful.

My favorite backstory so far is indeed Ifan. It is a less exotic background to the others, but his quest interests and motivates me so far. I am also interestes to know, if my drugproblem will have a greater role in the game.

N
N
I like lizards the most so far, and I think undead will also be a fast favorite if they turn out well. Most of all, the fact that this game even gives the option to pick stuff like lizard or undead at all is amazing to me.

Most games, NEVER let you pick anything but human, or you are limited by the very typical elves and dwarves that are mandatory to fantasy games. I'm also very glad that they did not go with the often used tribal Lizardmen background, and went for something more grand.

I'm hoping for more in-game opportunities to discover more about them, from their history, to customs and anatomical quirks.

journeyman
journeyman
My favorite so far is the Elves, i love the corpse eating ability.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.” – George Carlin-
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I like Lizards even if they're not as sexy as Xcom Sneks.

A
addict
addict
A
I generally like playing as humans and elves. But elves are very weird looking here, remind of freaking Avatar movie only without the blue color - they look nothing like elves from Divine Divinity. But I gotta say Larian did a great job with lizards. Never cared about dwarves or any other short races.

As for my favorite background so far I'd say it's Lohse - she has the most intriguing origin. She's crazy, funny, possessed by a demon(?). My favorite part is when a dwarf gives her a lute and if she plays it demon inside her makes her smash it on the floor, upsetting her. But devs need to elaborate more on origins - was she a bard? A follower of Lucian? Who possessed her and when?
I'm looking forward to undead origin as well, this should be good too. And it would be cool if at the end we can turn this undead into human again like with princess in Dragon Commander.

Last edited by Aramintai; 18/09/16 12:57 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I looking forward to how they develop the Lizards, Elves and Dwarves fall into rpg cliché too easily, and have so many expectations whereas you have more artistic licence with Lizards.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Don't like the how the elves look, but I like Sebille's backstory. Unique trait of being able to eat body parts to see their owners' memories (and learn skills)! Also enjoyed Sebille getting to play with her tattoo needle to trace the names of those she's seeking vengeance on. I enjoyed torturing the lizard dude.

Ifan was okay but a little generic. Oh no dead/voidwoken wife and kid, woe is me. However the drug addiction is unique and I hope it will play a larger part in the story - i.e. he has to manage it by taking drudanae frequently or deals with reduced stats if he tries to quit cold turkey.

Lohse was interesting but even playing as her I felt confused half the time. I got the concept of having a demon or negative entity inside her, but then wait a minute, she also knew Lucian or was his lover? Shouldn't I have been aware of this earlier? Still, it's great her history plays into the main story.

I have not played Red Prince yet so can't really speak to him, but I'm excited to hear more about the dwarf and undead origins later on.

journeyman
journeyman
I love how the elves look personally.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.” – George Carlin-
Y
apprentice
apprentice
Y
Kind of bummed undead isn't playable yet, that was the one I was looking most forward too. A litch subclass would be nice to have. Also, having some cool racial abilities like maybe projecting yourself out of your body, you would be incorporeal but you could scout an area and maybe when you get to a higher level you could possess enemies and control them. That would be a cool to do.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard