Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 39 of 57 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 56 57
addict
addict
That is, I assume, by design. On PC, it's made clear by how your cursor changes to a more stylized version while interactions are disabled after using a skill/spell, for instance.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hi,

just a little question....
Is Larian working on a new Patch?

Thank you

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hi,
I've tried to find an answer but I couldn't, so if anyone has an idea - it would rock. I play on PC, Steam version of EE. I've completed regular version a number of times.

1. I have a bug with achievements, some of them are simply not unlocking. For example, I've finished 'Charmed, I'm sure quest' and the female orc killed two guards. Fields of Regret didn't unlock after I came later and found the body. After informing Selenia about Legionaries, I got neither Brutal Truth/Zero the Hero. And last, even though I've changed the will for Blossius, I never got - No More Mister Nice Guy. Are they removed from EE?

2. Is there a bug with cloth armor upgrade? My Craft is 6 (5+1) and my Blacksmith is 6 (5+1), yet I'm unable to upgrade cloth armor. Cloth scraps, leather, metal, scale, nothing works. Am I missing something?

thank you!

Last edited by Matija; 02/05/16 12:54 PM.

... a crash of rhinos in my head ...
Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Did Larian remove the option to not show head gear, in the console version of the games? There is nothing in the options menu, and no box to tick on the head item slot, like there used to be on the PC version.

I'd really like the option back, as I've used it in every RPG I have played the last few years. Any word on any new patches, or are they only focusing on the sequel?

Support
Support

The hide helmet option was never in the console UI.
There is no ETA for the next update.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Brand new player who just purchased the game yesterday on ps4. Wanted to add a few issues. These may have been covered already I dont know, Im brand new here.

1. Sound FX seem to go out everytime I load into a new area. Im barely in the game, but so far this bug is big and seems to show up often. When it happens, the only way ive found to fix it is to completely close the game and relaunch it. Playing without sound FX really kills the immersion and enjoyment of the game as every action you take is muted. Really disappointed to see such a big bug in a game so early, and hoping this isnt a sign of what is to come. I really want to enjoy this one.

2. Mouse cursor sits in top left corner of the screen. I see no way to control it, and it just sits there. I do not have a mouse hooked up to my ps4. Nothing in the options I find to disable or turn it off. Its not anything game breaking but its annoying seeing it just sitting up there all the time.

I'm literally just off the beach in the game so I'm brand new, but these 2 items hit me almost immediately.

Support
Support

The sound effects possibly cutting out (they should return eventually) is a known issue, which should be fixed in the next update, whenever that is.

There shouldn't be a mouse cursor on screen, and I've never seen that reported before.
Do you have a keyboard connected to the PS4?

enthusiast
enthusiast
We've been playing yesterday against Sparkmaster 5000, and i was wondering if the remote is buggy...?

Each turn we deactivated both weapons, but ended up getting rekt anyway, mostly with the "fire" weapon, or a simple hit.

Searched on the internet and saw mostly "yeah the fight is buggy", so... Is it? How should we get through?

addict
addict
From what I know:
The remote works only once every two turns or so.
Using deactivate weapons is mostly pointless while the grease monkeys still live, depending on turn order.

Summons to tank, one at a time (don't be afraid to use summon scrolls here if you found some), ranged attacks to keep out of the chain lightning range, using the switches in case one is more melee based, lone wolf with resurrect scrolls.
Just a few ideas that can work, though I never played with melee characters.

As an aside: Lots of people will jump and say it's bugged just because they don't understand how it works, narrow a path as it may be. And that's a sweeping statement.

Unless otherwise specified, just an opinion or simple curiosity.
enthusiast
enthusiast
That's why i was asking if it actually was.
Although to be fair, the "UI" is unclear on it all. Sometimes it will say the weapons are deactivated, sometimes not. Anyway, i guess we're not good enough to handle this fight, it didn't felt that complicated in the base version.
Thanks for the info!

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Raze

The sound effects possibly cutting out (they should return eventually) is a known issue, which should be fixed in the next update, whenever that is.

There shouldn't be a mouse cursor on screen, and I've never seen that reported before.
Do you have a keyboard connected to the PS4?

Will a new patch be released? (whenever that is.)

Is something in development? wink

Support
Support

Yes. There is no ETA.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Been playing co-op with a friend online, and just reached the forest 2nd area. Been fine up until this point but now after conversation (with anyone) the second main character gets stuck in combat mode without being able to do anything.

It also happed in the same game with just me (the host) present.

So character 1 will have a conversation with someone then after pressing .(end) a new dialogue box will pop up with a '?' as a portrait saying something about 'you cant just do what you want' (the same sort you get if you get caught stealing) and then only character 2 will be stuck in combat by themselves. All other characters are un-affected.

A reload of the game hasn't worked so far. Anyone else come across this?

Support
Support

Apparently there is a cached conversation that didn't start properly in Cyseal getting triggered in Luculla.

Did you try killing the character in combat, maybe teleporting to the homestead, and resurrecting them?

If you load earlier saves and sneak through the fire area to get to Luculla Forest, is there a working save not too far back to revert to?

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with your latest save, and (if applicable) the most recent working save and the oldest where visiting Luculla triggers this problem (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).

For Windows you can use the report.zip file generated by the D:OS EE Analysis Tool.
Extract the zip file somewhere and run AnalysisTool.exe. When that loads, browse to the install folder (if it is not automatically detected), optionally run the tests first, and then generate a report (it will be saved in the same location as the Analysis Tool).

The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, you can delete most of the saves from the zip (double click the zip file to open it in Windows Explorer, then browse down to the savegames and savegames_patch folders).

For OSX, saves can be zipped by right clicking the folder(s) and selecting Compress, in the folder:
~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames_patch

Linux is similar, with the saves in the home directory.

PS4 saves can be sent, as well, but would need to be transferred to a USB flash drive first.
In the Saved Data in System Storage section of the Settings menu, click Copy to USB Storage Device, select the relevant save(s) and Copy. From there you can optionally zip the files, then copy to email or upload to Dropbox or Google drive, etc, and provide a link.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Thanks for reply. Yes we tried killing the character in combat but when reserected the character is still in combat. Wasn't able to teleport to homestead whilst character was in combat but will try again today to make sure.

Thanks for the email and suggestion. Will try that if the above still doesn't work.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Ok. So doing what you suggested seems to have worked. Kill, homestead, resurect. Obviously didnt do all at once before in that order. Hopefully it wont crop up again but it does I shall try sending the report.

Thank you muchly!

G
stranger
stranger
G
I've seen this only twice so not sure of the exact conditions that trigger it.

However, both times Madora has been equipping an item she was too low level for, but it was so awesome I wanted to use it anyway. Both times they were two-handed weapons.

I couldn't equip it. Or anything else. If I unequipped the current item, I still couldn't equip anything else. Save and reload didn't help, but save, quit, restart, load did.

Is this a bug? Am I somehow doing something wrong?

Support
Support

Sounds more like a glitch than doing something wrong. Did you try teleporting to the homestead, to see if a map transition would help? Or dismiss and rehire Madora (though that would a longer workaround than quitting and restarting).

G
stranger
stranger
G
map transition is a good idea. since it's only happened twice and the second time I knew about quitting and restarting it's not been a big deal. but if it happens again I'll try the transition idea.

(in case it matters, I have the linux version)

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Raze

Yes. There is no ETA.

COOL!!! thankyou

Page 39 of 57 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard