Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Hello people (Raze? :p)!

I've been looking for a nostalgic way to waste some time recently, when I found DD available on Steam.

I no longer have my original discs or my backup copy easily accessible, so this seems the best thing to do, but I was wondering if it would be Windows 10 Compatible?

I gather it will be the most up-to-date version of the game, however, so I won't be able to stack ruins anymore :p

Thanks for any information!

Support
Support

It is compatible with Win 10. In the unlikely even you have any issues, try the Windows 8 Performance "Patch" (works in Win 7 and 10, as well).

It is kind of the most up to date. There were issues with some of the backups when the download version was released on Steam, so some of the later fixes and changes are included, and some not (ie you can not finish Finnigan's quest and then buy back the lockpicks for 20 gold, but that was silly, anyway). The higher resolution support and compatibility fixes were re-added to the best available code.

Check your PM.

veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Good thing you alerted me to check my PMs, probably would have never noticed that flashing mailbox - which I'm delighted to see is still the notification, after all these years.

Wonderful news about Win 10! Can't wait to re-visit Aleroth and the rest of the world smile

N
stranger
stranger
N
FWIW, I tried that patch (which doesn't patch the game, but instead modifies the windows compatibility layer settings in ways that you can't via the GUI) on Windows 7 x64, and it doesn't help. The game still crashes immediately upon startup unless I use Software rendering. Direct 3D doesn't seem to work on any resolution with any compatibility setting with any option. I tried a lot of combinations.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Ah, figured it out! You have to disable G-Sync in the nvidia control panel for this game. I had the same problem with NOLF. I'll make a new post about that, and hopefully request that that be addressed in a patch.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard