Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 57 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 56 57
M
stranger
stranger
M
I recently bought D:OS EE from GOG galaxy summer sale. After installing, I am unable to launch the game from Gog. When I go and manually launch the file from the file directory I get the following errors:

The program can't start because MSVCP110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

The program can't start because MSVCR110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I've manually tried reinstalling the windows C++ redistrib 2013 file. Rebooted. The missing .dll error still comes up. I'm running windows 10.

Support
Support

If you search your drive for those dlls (msvc*110.dll), do they exist in the c:\Windows\System32 and c:\Windows\SysWOW64 folders? In Win 7, at least, they are 535,008 bytes (p) and 875,472 bytes (r).

Did you try uninstalling the 2013 redistributables, reboot and then reinstall? Or check for Windows updates?

Try checking your system files:
- click Start, type cmd into the search box, right click Command Prompt and select run as administrator.
- type the following command and hit Enter
sfc /scannow
When that is done, type exit and hit Enter, then reboot your computer.
For more details, see: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/929833

M
stranger
stranger
M
If you search your drive for those dlls (msvc*110.dll), do they exist in the c:\Windows\System32 and c:\Windows\SysWOW64 folders? In Win 7, at least, they are 535,008 bytes (p) and 875,472 bytes (r).

If I go into c:\Windows\System32 AND c:\Windows\SysWOW64 folders, there is a MSVCP110_win.dll but there is no MSVCP110.dll. I tried renaming the file by taking out the _win and it wouldn't let me (even as admin).

Did you try uninstalling the 2013 redistributables, reboot and then reinstall? Or check for Windows updates?

I did this and it did not work. Still says there are missing .DLL files.

Try checking your system files:
- click Start, type cmd into the search box, right click Command Prompt and select run as administrator.
- type the following command and hit Enter
sfc /scannow
When that is done, type exit and hit Enter, then reboot your computer.
For more details, see: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/929833

I am currently doing this and will post the results.

M
stranger
stranger
M
The system scan says:

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Support
Support

In the Control Panel, Apps & Featues, did you try clicking the repair button for the 2013 C++ redistributable?

Did you reinstall both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions? Try right clicking the setup programs and run as administrator.

Try searching for the dll files. If you upgraded to Win 10, there may be copies in the c:\Windows.old\... folder path, that you could copy to the Windows folders.

M
stranger
stranger
M
In the Control Panel, Apps & Featues, did you try clicking the repair button for the 2013 C++ redistributable?

I've repaired the 2013 C++ redistributable, and it still fails to find the .dll file. I also have a 2015 C++ redistributable installed. Could this be interfering?

Did you reinstall both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions? Try right clicking the setup programs and run as administrator.

I've tried reinstalling all the versions that came with the GOG download. None of them work.

Try searching for the dll files. If you upgraded to Win 10, there may be copies in the c:\Windows.old\... folder path, that you could copy to the Windows folders.

I did upgrade to windows, but then I wiped the computer and it still had windows 10 on it. There is no Windows.old folder. Is there any way I can get these files? If so, where would I copy them? do you know the exact directory?

On a side note, I'm going to try to reinstall again tonight. I paused the download at one point, so maybe that did something?

Support
Support

You should be able to have multiple versions of the MSVC redistributible files installed (including different versions of the same year).

Pausing the download should not affect the MCVC install (or repair / reinstall).

Here is a link to a copy of the dll files; extract them into the c:\Windows\System32 and c:\Windows\SysWOW64 folders, or if that doesn't help, try the Shipping folder in the game's install folder.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Here is a link to a copy of the dll files; extract them into the c:\Windows\System32 and c:\Windows\SysWOW64 folders, or if that doesn't help, try the Shipping folder in the game's install folder.

I copied the .dll files to the shipping folder. IT WORKS! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! CHEERS! laugh

S
stranger
stranger
S
I am running into a bug where it will not let me destroy the Elemental Staff at the Elemental Forge in Hiberheim.

When I drag it on the Forge I get "Not Enough Space"
http://i.imgur.com/6lnRNAE.jpg

When I try to combine both like you would to create items I get "Invalid Combination"
http://i.imgur.com/cenyY9R.jpg

Am I missing a trigger or something to let me destroy the staff?

I've also reloaded to before the King Boreas fight to see if it worked on a second attempt but it still didn't.

Last edited by Spaza; 23/06/16 04:13 PM.
Support
Support

It should work when crafting, showing the red X in the result box briefly (since there is no physical object being produced), and the resulting event being triggered. A couple people have reported getting an invalid combination error there, though.

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with your save there (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).

For Windows you can use the report.zip file generated by the D:OS EE Analysis Tool.
Extract the zip file somewhere and run AnalysisTool.exe. When that loads, browse to the install folder (if it is not automatically detected), optionally run the tests first, and then generate a report (it will be saved in the same location as the Analysis Tool).

The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, you can delete all but one of the saves from the zip (double click the zip file to open it in Windows Explorer, then browse down to the savegames and savegames_patch folders).

For OSX, saves can be zipped by right clicking the folder(s) and selecting Compress, in the folder:
~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames_patch

Linux is similar, with the saves in the home directory.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Alright, thanks. Sent my report that was generated with the tool given(after reducing the size).

What is the difference between the folders savegames and savegames_patch?

Say are you just ignoring MY post now ??? I've been trying to get you for days???

Support
Support

Spaza;
A couple of updates ago the save folder was changed, so saves made before that update will be in the savegames folder, while saves made after in savegames_patch.

DayVlad73;
When the answer hasn't changed since the last couple of time I answered the same questions, I'm not sure what point there is in answering again.

A week and a half ago when I said there was a PS4 patch being made, your guess for when it would be released was a month. After several requests for an ETA, a couple days later I agreed a month was a reasonable guess. A week later and apparently that is no longer acceptable.
I've already tried explaining the patch process. Someone else isn't going to give you a different answer, and the testing can not be sped up or skipped; even if Larian wanted to, Focus isn't going to alter their release procedure.

Focus has the patch and is also testing, and there is still no ETA.

Look...I know the answer isn't going to change,for once have some empathy dude put yourself in my shoes...Both my wife and I haven't played divinity since January!!! I know that doesn't matter to you;however,We only purchased this so we could could play co-op together, and the game STOPPED working for US!!! Now wouldn't you be inquisitive,wary,and intolerant at this point ??? in December I contacted you,and was told to send in my save files which we did... And to be perfectly Honest with you I thought it would be identified and solved within a week and we would be back to playing my now new Favorite Rpg ever in no time!!!!! As you are already aware,this in fact was NOT the case!!! To be fair We have been extremely tolerant up until now since it has almost been 6 months that we have actually played divinity at all!!! The reason I want to speak with your superiors is because I figured perhaps we ccan get some special in game exclusiveness for our lengthy wait. As I stated before, you Raze aren't at fault,you have exemplified helpfulness,and done as much as you can do. The bottom line is we just want to play Divinity again and soon. I keep pestering because to know a date is better than mysteriously anticipating something that seems quite eternal and in the realm of impossibility.
-D-

Last edited by DayVlad73; 25/06/16 01:18 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Thanks, got my problem fixed quick!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hello!
Talent "Light Stepper". In his description of the Specified: "Grants players +2 Perception bonus for detecting traps and secrets".
If the character creation window select this talent, and then move the cursor to Perception, there will be a hint that the +2 Perception only for detecting traps.
Russian version of the game.
How to: "Light Stepper" just for detecting traps or for detecting traps and secrets?

Updated: "Light Stepper" for detecting traps and secrets.

Last edited by soldatovaua; 28/06/16 04:16 PM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
I now have a new problem. I cannot combine Leandra's blood and her spell together for the spell to make the Death Knights vulnerable.

http://i.imgur.com/BncPYFB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1hwOWN2.jpg

Also, when I drag either on to the other they just switch places in my inventory instead of combining.

Support
Support

Did you try the suggestions in my previous email?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Yes, just spent the last bit doing them. I've emailed you the save.

EDIT: Thanks again, super quick!

Last edited by Spaza; 29/06/16 04:08 PM.
B
stranger
stranger
B
Was the issue with the elemental staff not combining with the elemental forge ever resolved? I am experienced this issue in my play through as well.

Last edited by Banestrom; 30/06/16 12:49 AM.
Page 42 of 57 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard