Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 43 of 57 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 56 57
Support
Support

It worked fine after transferring the save to a different system, so the problem is something game or system related.

As above, email support with your latest save at the forge, or a link to it somewhere.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I don't know if the following are bugs so I'll explain as best I can. In my very first play through of this game I was a Ranger and Scarlet was a Water/Air Mage. It was set for Classic and the 2 NPCs I chose were Madora and Bardotyr (sp?). It went very well and so I decided to play through again only this time playing as a Fighter (Knight)/Geomancer with concentration in One-handed + Shield and Scarlett as a Fire/Witchcraft spell caster. We picked up Jahan and Bardotyr for the ranged need. This too was set on the Classic setting.

I have noticed that in this second go around that I am getting a ton of standard items and very few magical armors, weapons, belts, rings, etc. I am NOT looking for a monty haul but the difference in loot between this game and the previous one is extremely noticeable. I lost count of the fights where I get little piles of gold of small amounts, again standard items, a whole lot of crafting items (why? I have no idea), but so little in the way of the +1 or +2 items.

Also: 1) The only thing that is consistent by way of magic items are arrows. I am finding arrows of every kind everywhere. When I played a Ranger the first time I never came across arrows so freely. It's like the game is rewarding my Ranger well above the rest of my team. In this game one-handed weapons for melee characters are very uncommon and I have yet to come across a magical one and I have entered Silverglen. The first time I played it Madora was 2-Handed but the party still came across a ton of one-handed weapons. 2) I have had at least three fights where though the game goes through the character turns in combat the Pictures at the top don't rotate. They get stuck.

Thoughts?

Support
Support

The difference between games may just be random, or depending on how long ago you started the first game, possibly due in part to changes in one of the updates.

I think the combat turn order list getting stuck (rarely) is a known issue.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
I think you are on to something Raze. I started playing two days after I finished. I also noticed the game recognized me as Rills (the name I gave my character in the first game) in my profile even though I didn't set up a profile the first time.

So I deleted all my saved games and decided to come back in a month or two. I don't think I could restart again any time sooner because I spent so much time on it already and it was becoming frustrating to say the least.

Thanks for your response.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Hello!

I started playing this game and I'm loving it a lot!

I found a bug:

There is a quest called "The Teleporter Pyramids", I used the pyramid that I have in my inventory and then
I was teleported to the other pyramid (there is a woman in a bath), after finishing arguing with her, I
didn't pick up the blue pyramid (because I didn't know how to do it).
After playing some more hours I decided to comeback and pick up the blue pyramid; the quest log
didn't change and my quest can't be completed.
I have tried droping and picking up the blue pyramid many times and the quest can't get completed,
I spoke with Arhu and Zixzax but nothing happens.

Please can somebody tell me how to fix this issue? I know that it is not very important but it
would be very nice to me having that quest as completed in my quest log.

Thanks in advance!!

Support
Support

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way to get the quest log to update, if it doesn't when you first pick up the blue pyramid. A couple of people have also run into this problem, after waiting too long to do so.

V
stranger
stranger
V
WARNING SPOILER. (idk if needed but anyways)

I don't know if this is already reported but sometimes (happened to me) the boreas treasure room force field will not disable no matter what, I had the talisman from boreas trusted guy (or something like that, the one you use to get the winter ring) and the scroll to disable the portal that drops from boreas itself.

Fortunately (or not) there's another bug that I used to solve this one.

I researched and discovered that if I stand VERY CLOSE to the portal I can throw the pyramid across the portal, it's quite easy to reproduce.
---------------------------------
Other things that I noticed but I'm not sure if they are bugs (but they sure are annoying)... When you kill a NPC you are supposed to get the quest stuck forever or should the quest vanish? Because my first playthrough I killed a lot of important rude people and this made my quest log a mess (although didn't halt progression on main story)

Last edited by Velvet Vendetta; 11/07/16 11:38 AM.
Support
Support

For the force field after Boreas, there is a statue near there that you need to talk to.

Killing NPCs will leave the related quest unfinished in the log.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hiii there,

I've encountered a bug on the PS4 Enhanced Edition where one of my characters is permanently chilled. I've tried killing/reviving and taking off all the armour and all that, nothing will fix it. It happened sometime after Hiberheim but unfortunately I have no saves to revert to before the bug happened.
It's livable right up into areas where it's raining as the character just continuously freezes/unfreezes ):

Please help!
Thanku

Support
Support

Unfortunately, this is a known (relatively rare) issue; the cause of environmental status effects possibly becoming permanent has been determined, but it would need another game update to be able to fix.
The only consistent workaround that I know of would be to look for equipment with an immunity to freezing (not sure if you can get immunity to chilled). If the character is a companion, you could swap them out for one of the other companions, or a hired henchman.

Someone with a permanently wet character reported that if Haste was cast on the character in chilled weather (Hiberheim), she would rarely get frozen after that (as long as she didn't get too close to a camp fire).

X
stranger
stranger
X
I was playing xbox one version when the fps suddenly dropped to less than 1fps. It was in combat with Shereth in the starting town, whenever my spider summon targeted her the fps would plummet, and return to normal right after not targeting her. I found a youtube video showing this in a different battle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iakIzYSe5kQ

Support
Support

This is a known issue.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hey Raze,

will the next Patch be released for all Systems or is it a "PS4 only" Patch?

Support
Support

The patch for the PS4 specific issue is already out. There is no ETA on when another update may be released.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Pretty sure that you are already aware of the issue since it has been reported several times by others, but Taunt doesn't do anything. Status is applied, but rarely will the enemy attack the caster. Mac version btw, although I don't think OS is relevant since several people have already reported the issue.

Support
Support

It works when I have tried it, including having affected opponents run past other party members to get to the one who cast Taunt, focusing on melee attacks rather than their preferred opening debuffs, etc.

If there is no path to the character that cast Taunt, etc, anothe target can be selected, but there should be a significant bias towards the caster if the status is applied and in effect on the opponent's next turn.

V
stranger
stranger
V
I started a gameplay about 1-2 weeks ago, finished yesterday. Taunt only "worked" once, and I use it loosely, because once in an entire gameplay, is probably just an exception/fluke. It was the most idiotic of the situations, because the enemies were actually farther away from the taunt caster than from other party characters. Some times, I'm standing right next to them, which will obviously have a path to target (doesnt require them to move at all), I taunt, the status is applied and they still run around like idiots, sometimes to other characters that are far away.

I'm not the only one that claims that is "not working", or that have bad experiences with it, if you google, you'll see several people "complaining" about this skill and how it is supposed to work, on the forums alone:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=divinity+taunt+site:larian.com

On this reddit post, you can see that pretty much the majority has the same personal opinion and its a pointless/useless ability:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DivinityOriginalSin/comments/3rr3ry/taunt_does_nothing/

I'm ok without having taunt really, I've done pretty good without it, its far from being a required thing to be able to play the game, but, its either a bugged spell or a badly designed one, since from my personal experience, rarely seems to be worth using it, which makes the desire of having a character with single/shield skills much less attractive, as its pointless to have a character so defensive, with the offense gimped, when I just rather go dual or 2H and deal more dmg while playing at the same time the Crowd Control game. Maybe its not the spell per se ofc, but something on the AI that needs to be looked on.

I'm not expecting for it to be "fixed" at this point in time, as I'm sure all efforts are being directed to D:OS2, as it should, but maybe its a good idea to look up on the taunt spell if there is one, its mechanics and design, and how it plays along with the AI.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by Vector
I started a gameplay about 1-2 weeks ago, finished yesterday. Taunt only "worked" once, and I use it loosely, because once in an entire gameplay, is probably just an exception/fluke. It was the most idiotic of the situations, because the enemies were actually farther away from the taunt caster than from other party characters. Some times, I'm standing right next to them, which will obviously have a path to target (doesnt require them to move at all), I taunt, the status is applied and they still run around like idiots, sometimes to other characters that are far away.

I'm not the only one that claims that is "not working", or that have bad experiences with it, if you google, you'll see several people "complaining" about this skill and how it is supposed to work, on the forums alone:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=divinity+taunt+site:larian.com

On this reddit post, you can see that pretty much the majority has the same personal opinion and its a pointless/useless ability:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DivinityOriginalSin/comments/3rr3ry/taunt_does_nothing/

I'm ok without having taunt really, I've done pretty good without it, its far from being a required thing to be able to play the game, but, its either a bugged spell or a badly designed one, since from my personal experience, rarely seems to be worth using it, which makes the desire of having a character with single/shield skills much less attractive, as its pointless to have a character so defensive, with the offense gimped, when I just rather go dual or 2H and deal more dmg while playing at the same time the Crowd Control game. Maybe its not the spell per se ofc, but something on the AI that needs to be looked on.

I'm not expecting for it to be "fixed" at this point in time, as I'm sure all efforts are being directed to D:OS2, as it should, but maybe its a good idea to look up on the taunt spell if there is one, its mechanics and design, and how it plays along with the AI.

I think that I never even bothered to learn taunt in my playthroughs after reading some forum poster's 'not working' message.
I've seen a couple of Let's Plays though and the situation there was as you described, NPCs even ignored the taunter when right next to him/her sometimes. One could never see that Taunt did anything at all.

I have looked into the game's script and with my little understanding of character scripts I'd say that at best so-called 'auto-attacks' should work, but when NPCs use skills, magic arrows or grenades, they completely ignore being taunted. (I might be wrong though because I'm by no means an expert in the game's script languages ... and they are complex.)

Now, I've been wondering if taunt is even a mechanic that makes sense in a game like D:OS at all. If you had a real 'tank' that could reliable taunt enemies and if you had a lot of them, you would probably have that tank for one turn only after being the target of focused fire.
For me - and for you as well from what you write - it's not the worst thing if it does not work, it's only a waste of a spell slot.
(And according to my understanding of the scripts, simple weapon attacks should work in most cases.)

If I knew how to change the status texts I'd even be tempted to totally remove the skill and 'abuse' the TAUNTED status for something completely different in a mod ;-)

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Vector
It was the most idiotic of the situations, because the enemies were actually farther away from the taunt caster than from other party characters.

That is the point of Taunt. Affected opponents are suppose to ignore closer and more attractive targets in favour of the one who caused the status.

If you email supportdos@larian.com, with a save where this can be reproduced (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), I'll take a look at it. Despite several earlier requests, only one person emailed support about this, and it worked fine here in their save, as it did in a couple other saves when I tested it before that.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Hello,

Been playing for a few days and I am having a lot of fun, but the game has become bugged. During some dialogues and combats the game seems to freeze after I input a command. Sometimes if I wait everything will proceed as normal. However, when it takes too long I can sometimes advance the next dialogue/combat turn by opening and closing the Tutorial log. It happened less at the beginning of the game and has progressed to a point where it can take 5-10 minutes for a round of combat. At first I thought it was just lagging because all of the menus still worked while the game was stuck.

Additionally, when the combat started to become really slow I noticed my characters started running off of the map or through terrain and I would have to wait while they blinked back to me and started running again. This was happening in and out of combat.

If anyone knows of a fix or went through the same thing and can help please let me know!

Thank you!

Page 43 of 57 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard