Next Thread
Print Thread
#583110 09/07/16 05:22 PM
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Having become predictably distracted just as soon as I made this account I just now remembered why I made it, which was to complain. Because what else are internet forums for?

I love Divinity, but positivity and happiness makes for dull reading. So I will instead list the three things about this game that make me grab for my nerve medication.

1: Mob targeting. Certain mobs (earth elementals are the worst) dance around so that targeting them is treacherous. At least 25 times so far I have had a mob targeted only to have it move out of the way the instant I click the mouse button. Once this even caused one of my characters to wander through an enormous stew of fire, steam, gas and lighting only to die instantly in a puff of smoke. And it's all because of evil dancing mobs!

2: Auto zoom. For some reason I can't make the camera stop zooming on the selected character every attack. Sometimes I have the camera precisely where I want it for targeting purposes (see point 1) when the game decides to whisk my camera away to some pastoral scene in the rear guard. Oddly, most of the mobs are not next to my archer in the treeline yonder. Ergo my camera doesn't need to be either, and certainly not for attack two and three of a round. AARGHHH!!!

3: Being argued with by my own character during cult initiation. I know the right answers, I just looked them up on the web. Please stop arguing and winning the argument or so help me I'll stop this RPG immediately!

Now I don't swear, having decided at 11 years old that cursing was for dullards. Therefore I am reduced to sock throwing as my staple response to the above, and other digital annoyances. The only drawback is that my feet get cold during winter if I have to take my socks off to throw them at Divinity. This is why I have a spare pair of socks next to my PC, specifically reserved for throwing at my monitor, and, um, where was I....

Right! Love the music, love the graphics, love the combat, character development, inventory management, dialogue and generally everything about the game. But I don't love these three things. I would appreciate it if something could be done about them, and if not then perhaps for the sequel. I don't put wet fingers in your ears or sing out of tune next to you. I would appreciate the same consideration in return. In the relatively plausible case that this is just me not paying attention to the options (it has happened before), I would appreciate some advice on how to deal with these issues.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Fishslap; 09/07/16 05:31 PM.
Support
Support

1. Aiming for the feet (when possible) can help (most of the idle animation movement is in the upper body), or you can zoom in or switch to the overhead tactical view.

For skills/spells you can use the turn order portraits at the top of the screen to target.

For normal attacks, right click an opponent and select Attack (no effect if you miss click) or hold the Shift button down to queue commands and left click: if you get a red target selection indicator, release the Shift button, otherwise if you get the white move indicator, right click to cancel while still holding Shift.

Mod: Stand Still When I Attack

2. In the Game section of the options, near the bottom, uncheck 'Dynamic camera'.

3. Set the AI personality of the Source Hunters to None or Loyal, or leave one character far enough away they are not involved in the conversation. After character creation, that can be changed in the Inner Chamber in the homestead (opened after the Hall of Heroes).

Raze,the audacity of this person,I Can't believe that you graced this putz with an actual response!!! When someone is that fucking selfish, to make demands to you,and suggest something as preposterous as to make changes to the game because he was overnursed on mamas titties as a child...I mean Fuck is this guy serious??? It seems to me like you take a lot of shit from people and certainly don't deserve this jackwads dissatisfactory with one of the best Rpgs ever made!!! Anyhow I hope it updates soon I'm going crazy over here!!!

Support
Support

If you think that was bad, you may want to avoid the D:OS 2 forum when the alpha/beta starts... evil

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Raze

If you think that was bad, you may want to avoid the D:OS 2 forum when the alpha/beta starts... evil

Cavalry! horsey

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Originally Posted by DayVlad73
Raze,the audacity of this person,I Can't believe that you graced this putz with an actual response!!! When someone is that fucking selfish, to make demands to you,and suggest something as preposterous as to make changes to the game because he was overnursed on mamas titties as a child...I mean Fuck is this guy serious??? It seems to me like you take a lot of shit from people and certainly don't deserve this jackwads dissatisfactory with one of the best Rpgs ever made!!! Anyhow I hope it updates soon I'm going crazy over here!!!

Personally I can't believe some people live an entire life without a sense of humor. Thanks for contributing to the good tone here though. It always makes for a quality community when people barge in with the insults right off the bat.

So has it updated to everything except ps4???

Support
Support

The only imminent update is a PS4 specific patch, for a PS4 specific issue.
Everything except PS4 has no ETA for when there could possibly be an another update.

Wait So ps4 has an ETA for update???

Support
Support

The ETA is 'soon'.
EDIT: the PS4 patch has been released.

Last edited by Raze; 11/07/16 11:57 AM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
"This is why I have a spare pair of socks next to my PC, specifically reserved for throwing at my monitor"

That excuse has more holes than this fine slice of Gorgombert.

-------------

Now... sometimes I click and the mob will dodge my click making my character waste all her AP by walking around and enjoying some nice opportunity swings from close enemies or some fire field stroll (never gets old).

I figure that If I played honor mode and died because of that, being late in the game, I would certainly stop playing the game right there. (that's why I don't even try honor mode xD)

I don't think there's a problem in complaining about that (and some other things), this is what makes Larian so amazing anyways, closer relationship with players, listening them and quickly improving...

So if something REALY bothers, perhaps it should indeed be addressed, or at least not repeated for D:OS2

PS: Killing rats to get extra 90 XP its the hardest thing on all Divinity EE (yeah I'm too lazy to carry cheese)...

Last edited by Velvet Vendetta; 11/07/16 11:57 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard