Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#582378 23/05/16 12:59 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
When can we expect an ALPHA to download ? I backed a tier that has both, and have nothing yet. Something tells me the game is close to completion and yet no alpha or beta's are released AFAIK.

Just a concern.

The mind is better suited for imagination.
Support
Support

The aim for release is the end of the year, so it will be a while yet before the alpha starts (no ETA has been given). There will be Kickstarter updates leading up to that, with instructions on getting an alpha key, etc.

apprentice
apprentice
I hate it to break the news to you, Azmodiuz, but everybody has access to alpha/beta (this is why Larian is pretty great). And frankly I would be very surprised if the game will be released before summer 2017, so we will have plenty of time to test / enjoy the early versions...

journeyman
journeyman
The game seems extremely polished for something in a pre-alpha state due to the large headstart building atop the D:OS EE engine gives larian.

The builds larian has shown, bother the beach+early town and the more recent pax PvP arena show great progress

For context D:OS was funded on April 26th 2013 and the game was released June 30th 2014, with the early access starting January 17th 2014

D:OS 2 has the advantage of being built of their existing engine so many aspects of the game will take less time than the previous instalment, but larian tries not to give exact dates until they are sure.

But nothing says they will keep a similar schedule to their previous game.

All that being said hopefully we'll get the email in the near future that will let us start back in the world of rivellon.

Last edited by NinjaSteave; 24/05/16 04:28 PM.
old hand
old hand
Knowing Larian though they are going to try to put as much into as they can each and every time and that breeds delays.

apprentice
apprentice
I am OK with delays from Larians, after what they have done with D:OS. I am still playing Classic / EE once in a while, the world is so packed of stuff to do and modding (although the implementation was less than stellar in the first game) helps. I am messing around with the skills now and having fun. It would be wonderful to have D:OS 2 by the end of the year, but if not, it is still OK.

Now, I am a bit more worried about all the other projects supposedly coming out with the same engine. That was one the reasons they opened so many studios, I think? Well, where are they? We have absolutely no news whatsoever. The reason why I am worried is that I subscribed to the "all Larians games for the next 10 years" option, and if they are going to make just D:OS 2 and 3 in the next 10 years I am going to be pretty pissed...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mbpopolano24
I am OK with delays from Larians, after what they have done with D:OS. I am still playing Classic / EE once in a while, the world is so packed of stuff to do and modding (although the implementation was less than stellar in the first game) helps. I am messing around with the skills now and having fun. It would be wonderful to have D:OS 2 by the end of the year, but if not, it is still OK.

Now, I am a bit more worried about all the other projects supposedly coming out with the same engine. That was one the reasons they opened so many studios, I think? Well, where are they? We have absolutely no news whatsoever. The reason why I am worried is that I subscribed to the "all Larians games for the next 10 years" option, and if they are going to make just D:OS 2 and 3 in the next 10 years I am going to be pretty pissed...

Well let's not get ahead now. If they improved the engine, this is fine.

E
journeyman
journeyman
E
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem

I think there are a lot of non-technical authors praying they MAJORLY improved and made easy to use authoring tools. I'd be happier with an actual scripting language improvement as well.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Eldarth

I think there are a lot of non-technical authors praying they MAJORLY improved and made easy to use authoring tools. I'd be happier with an actual scripting language improvement as well.

One is right here. Too much to hope for a less-hardcoded aurora, is it?

So... when is alpha?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ChavaiotH
So... when is alpha?

Ah! Great Question.
In theory, it should have been 2 months ago (june) considerng that for DOS1 it was 6 months before release.

So... when is alpha?

Ah! Great Question.
In theory, it should have been 2 months ago (june) considerng that for DOS1 it was 6 months before release.

Yeah, but DOS2 is more complex. Is it? Even without day and night cycles (greetings Swen ))))) )

veteran
veteran
Yeah, the day-night cycle always promised but never delivered....

Maybe we pray to the wrong gods? evil

veteran
veteran
Maybe we pray to the wrong gods? evil

There is no god other than Tzeentch!

L
stranger
stranger
L
Let's face it. 2016 is unrealistic.
They've put to much stuff on that wagon. Races, skilltrees, dimentions, and what not and now they are stuck between KS and reality. To be clear, I don't accuse them of wrong intentions, just think they overestemited their engine capabilities and theirs. Now there so many factors and interactions between game elements and on top of that lore of the univers that it's becoming if not the design nightmare then extremly difficult task. I belive in Larian Studios, they can pull it off but I do hope they realize the complexity of the task and that on the way to accompish those goals Larian will not forget about one thing we love them for - attention to detail, humor, and well thought out mechanics, and polished game.
I'm not the game designer, nor have anything to do with their development, but in my humble opinion end of 2017 is better time to release this game.
And that's good, they should NOT rush it. They should take advatige of being their own publishers end FINISH the game. Please Larian don't rush it out to the market. You have no excuse to do that. Stop, look at the problem, estemate the needs and just do it in your own pace. You have a chance to make witcher 4, the kind of games we wait for decades. Good luck.

BTW please fix my KS badge.

Leter #583854 08/08/16 07:04 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Leter
They've put to much stuff on that wagon. Races, skilltrees, dimentions, and what not and now they are stuck between KS and reality. To be clear, I don't accuse them of wrong intentions, just think they overestemited their engine capabilities and theirs. Now there so many factors and interactions between game elements and on top of that lore of the univers that it's becoming if not the design nightmare then extremly difficult task. I belive in Larian Studios, they can pull it off but I do hope they realize the complexity of the task and that on the way to accompish those goals Larian will not forget about one thing we love them for - attention to detail, humor, and well thought out mechanics, and polished game.
I'm not the game designer, nor have anything to do with their development, but in my humble opinion end of 2017 is better time to release this game.
And that's good, they should NOT rush it. They should take advatige of being their own publishers end FINISH the game. Please Larian don't rush it out to the market. You have no excuse to do that. Stop, look at the problem, estemate the needs and just do it in your own pace. You have a chance to make witcher 4, the kind of games we wait for decades. Good luck.

A bit harsh but hey, not unheard of. At least Larian is not as unreliable as Perihelion.

Still hope Larian will release the arena for bakers, soon as possible. For testing and bug hunting of course.

veteran
veteran
Still hope Larian will release the arena for bakers, soon as possible. For testing and bug hunting of course.

That was a possibility? when?

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Leter

A bit harsh but hey, not unheard of. At least Larian is not as unreliable as Perihelion.

I disagree. My opinion is not and not supposed to be "harsh". Just an opinion of the fan.
And BTW putting Larian and Perihelion in the same sentence is really unfair. One has nothing to do with the other. Maybe except using KS. And there similarities ends.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard