Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Hm, I'm pretty curious about your project.

You know that there are free online UUID generators on the internet ?
I used one to create new root templates in the time before the editor was released.

Haven't used the dialog editor myself and will not before a re-introduction to it with the tutorial video, but wouldn't it be safer to create a new dialog in the editor and copy&paste the existing dialog lines you need ?

Better safe than sorry if you are unsure. Using the editor should make sure you get uniques and don't have to worry about this.

If you have one and the same UUID for different texts in one file, then I would definitely expect problems. Should not risk that.

old hand
old hand
Those UUID generators seems like a good idea in lieu of the fix button not automatically taking care of it.

Originally Posted by FrauBlake

Haven't used the dialog editor myself and will not before a re-introduction to it with the tutorial video, but wouldn't it be safer to create a new dialog in the editor and copy&paste the existing dialog lines you need ?

That's pretty laborious in the keyword editor. I don't know the entire scope of what Abraxas is working on, but I know it involves quite a lot of nodes.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
'Fix button' ?

I haven't used the dialog editor yet but probably I will have to soon.
I copied a standard Cyseal Civilian dialog to the story directory for my black hole trader and registered the dialog via DB_Dialogs(). But he refuses to speak, although I gave him the same speaker as one of the civilians.
(Does not matter much for now because I only needed a dialog to get access to the trade button.)

But I definitely have re-used UUIDs by only copying a file (and renaming it) instead of creating a new one, maybe that's why he refuses to talk.
(On a side note, I also have no clue how that 'Speaker Manager' works either. ;-)

The site I used before was https://www.uuidgenerator.net/version4 . (Still use it if required)

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by FrauBlake
'Fix button' ?

I haven't used the dialog editor yet but probably I will have to soon.

Just the menu option I was talking about last page. Can't remember exactly what menu it's in offhand.

I copied a standard Cyseal Civilian dialog to the story directory for my black hole trader and registered the dialog via DB_Dialogs(). But he refuses to speak, although I gave him the same speaker as one of the civilians.
(Does not matter much for now because I only needed a dialog to get access to the trade button.)/quote]

I have some barebones dialog templates I can upload if you want to try those.

[quote]
But I definitely have re-used UUIDs by only copying a file (and renaming it) instead of creating a new one, maybe that's why he refuses to talk.

I'd be surprised if that's it since when broken dialogs load they either display incorrect information or they display blank with a red icon for the NPC portrait.

Also there is the "global" node system where nodes are reused for many NPCs and those would by their nature use the same UUIDs.

In the past I've had an issue where global NPCs created during the same session won't open dialog. But the next time I open the editor it works fine. Never tracked down what causes it.

One thing to look for is, do the NPCs that have a DB_Dialogs but don't open an actual dialog UI turn and face the player? Because that's part of the statement IIRC. So if they turn and face you the script is at least working partially.

(On a side note, I also have no clue how that 'Speaker Manager' works either. ;-)

I'm not as familiar with the EE version as I am the classic, they changed the menus a bit but I think it still works basically the same way. One of the functions seems to be letting whatever system controls voice overs know when it's supposed to play matching lines from the recording sheet (along with having voiced checked off).

The other thing it does is define groups, there's a GROUP_Players for instance. So if you had a dialog start off a triggered event you could assign the speaker to be GROUP_Players since you don't know which player tripped it or if more than one did. Thus they could all use that node.

A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
I tried the fix function, unfortunately it didn't help. And it only works if I copy the dialog file to the Shared keywords folder, otherwise it says the file couldn't be found. And if I do so the error message panel says it couldn't edit the file due to missing developer rights, but the dialog file in my mod folder got fixed though. Don't know what it changed but the text IDs are still the same.

So taking a risk or replacing 400 text ids for about 200 nodes...
Better safe than sorry if you are unsure. Using the editor should make sure you get uniques and don't have to worry about this.

Both replacing IDs and using the keyword editor would cost me about 5x more time, so I hesitate, yet...

What I do here is the following:

I have about 200 nodes for items to craft. If one node is selected it will push four nodes: Amount 1, Amount 5, Amount 10, back to categories. I could save some time if I pushed just one node (maybe called 'Choose Amount') that pushes those four nodes. So I wouldn't have to push all 4 nodes for every selectable item but just one node. But that would require one more button to press (selecting 'Choose Amount' and THEN Amount 1, 5, 10 or back to categories). This may seem irrelevant, but since the crafting dialog is meant to be used very often one more button makes a big difference.

So the only option to avoid spending a lot of time or risking problems with identical IDs could be to select the 'Choose Amount' node automatically in dialog by setting speaker 1 (who you talk to) as owner. But speaker 1 is also a player character. So, I guess I need an AI for speaker 1 that selects the node automatically. But were is the dialog AI information stored for characters and is it possible to assign AI to your companions, and not just main player characters?

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Understandable you want to avoid that amount of work.

Sorry if I'm curious about something else, but ...

How do you craft from scripts at all ? Is there an API to the crafting system ?
And how do you get access to the Stats which are what the crafting system uses to select ingredients and output ? And how do you put boosts on items ?

Is there some kind of #include in dialogs?

A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
And how do you get access to the Stats which are what the crafting system uses to select ingredients and output ? And how do you put boosts on items ?

Ah, would be nice if such functions existed (but they don't as far as I see). What I do is transcripting crafting recipes to Osiris scripts, so I don't/can't use stats but templates and can't support all kinds of recipes. So: boosts, recipes with autolevel (all weapon and armor recipes) and crafted items without own template can't be supported by my mod. But that's okay: I like the crafting system of D:OS, my only intention is to compensate missing functions of inventory management to facilitate crafting. I'll support about 200 recipes (also recipes that require an anvil or other external objects), so that's quite a lot (all Potions, Arrows, Arrowheads, Grenades, ingredients like ore bars, dust, etc.).

I store different types of recipes in databases and use the information later. To give some examples:

Code
DB_CraftingFlags("POT_HealSmall","CON_Potion_Empty_A_cd6e86ca-e9be-444e-a7df-d295ec6bb578","CON_Herb_Mushroom_A_0106e3c1-bd81-4118-8a28-59c6dc941feb","CON_Potion_Health_A_944e4b8c-1736-4ff6-8fa6-d7ceda9941da","Crafting",1)
DB_CraftingFlagsDouble("POT_HealMedium","CON_Potion_Health_A_944e4b8c-1736-4ff6-8fa6-d7ceda9941da","CON_Potion_Health_A_944e4b8c-1736-4ff6-8fa6-d7ceda9941da","CON_Potion_A_Health_Medium_d2781168-5862-4e6d-95a3-47d9bd9e8dba","Crafting",2)
DB_CraftingFlagsWithTool("ARWI_ShaftBranch","WPN_Branch_A_568ab219-039b-4200-a24b-d29c9500fe4f","WPN_ArrowShaft_A_3ba1a061-0fe3-4c8e-a34a-940aecee16c9",3,"Crafting",0)
DB_ExternalCraftingFlags("UTI_IronBar","LOOT_Ore_A_Iron_A_053e23db-a144-4619-bb96-3208aecc77d5","Oven","LOOT_OreBar_A_Iron_A_1eabd114-a6c5-4e24-b61f-0932c65b8ef3",1,"Repair",1)

It's too much to explain how the whole script works and communicates with the dialog and - in the case of crafting with anvil etc. - with the character script. But I will comment and post the script when the mod is finished (about 1-2 weeks).

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Wow, hot stuff.

I hope, we will not interfere too much, because my upcoming mod will deal almost exclusively with inventory cleanup ;-)

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Oh, and if you did not already know:

Move handles out to a hidden container before deleting them, with a specified amount, because ItemHandleDelete() always removes a complete stack.

BTW: I also plan to add recipes to put +1 Crafting and +1 Blacksmithing on bracers and belts, as soon as I find a character with such gear, because I think that having to always swap gear for crafting and blacksmithing is a major turn-off for a lot of people that makes them forget about it completely.
... The only 'bad thing' about that is that there is no chance to control 'abuse' of such recipes like adding an additional boost where it already exists ...
Still have to think hard about that.

A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
I hope, we will not interfere too much, because my upcoming mod will deal almost exclusively with inventory cleanup ;-)

Oh, actually there's also an item-transfer script included, but if you address this and it makes sense to combine both mods we might think about creating a super-mod from both smile
But anyway: there are 5,748,149 graphic mods for skyrim out there, so it wouldn't be a problem to have at least two interfering inventory mods for D:OS. I'm curious what you will offer!

A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
BTW: I also plan to add recipes to put +1 Crafting and +1 Blacksmithing on bracers and belts, as soon as I find a character with such gear, because I think that having to always swap gear for crafting and blacksmithing is a major turn-off for a lot of people that makes them forget about it completely.
... The only 'bad thing' about that is that there is no chance to control 'abuse' of such recipes like adding an additional boost where it already exists ...

Would be important to solve that problem. Baardvark even removed crafting/blacksmithing from gear in Scales to upvalue character building. - Maybe you could script a limit for boni that come from gear (if I remember right there is a function to check base value of abilities) and apply a penalty potion when the limit is exceeded. Scientist has to be regarded in some way too.

A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
And now I see what these text IDs are used for:

the lsx dialog file stores texts with unique IDs and nodes (the whole structure and settings). The IDs are used to find the right text for the nodes. So using the same ID in different nodes for the same text shouldn't be a problem but even be more efficient! Now there's just one text entry for 200 nodes instead of 200 text entries for 200 nodes. If my nodes had different texts this wouldn't work, of course.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by Abraxas*

Oh, actually there's also an item-transfer script included, but if you address this and it makes sense to combine both mods we might think about creating a super-mod from both smile
But anyway: there are 5,748,149 graphic mods for skyrim out there, so it wouldn't be a problem to have at least two interfering inventory mods for D:OS. I'm curious what you will offer!

Hardly anithing besides pure convenience additions

- bags with different icons to make searching for stored stuff easier (14 'categories' and hopefully I did not exaggerate too much with my icons, I'm a 'graphics illiterate' after all ;-)
- automatic moving of items to those bag when items are picked up (finally 'cleans out' all those keys from main inventory and automatically handles arrows and grenades ;-)
- transferal of many items at once by simply moving the bags between characters
- Homestead moved to Cyseal North Gate (the chests only of course) because everybody forgets about items 'Sent to Homestead' (similar logic as the bag logic, with 22 categories, all containers have unique looks ;-)
- 'Send to Homestead' enabled from the beginning (or almost, still needs a little bit of work) to make use of that convenience
- a full 'Cyseal Crafting Station' on Cecil's property (North Gate again), furnace, whetstone wheel, anvil, one barrel of each type, a wine cask, a beer keg, a 'distillery' and a special crafting statue. (I still have to find uses for some of those and recreate all recipes for the new Stats I use.)
- replacement of crafting tools which can no longer be accidently sold
- unbreakable lockpicks and disarm kits (because they completely overdid it with mines and traps in EE)
- traders who clean up their inventories regularly because I don't want so see all the crap I sold to them many levels before
(That should also make sure that the game no longer crashes due to item overflow as it did for me when EE came out, which required me to restart twice before while already having reached Hunter's Edge. I don't know, what their 'fix' was, I discovered some really strange things after the fix and I hope, their 'fix' was more than simply making more root templates stackable. Don't want to rely on that.)
- disabled 'Magic Pockets' for pickaxes and shovels because I find that annoying as hell
(added zero weight replacement tools instead so players no longer have good reasons not to carry them around.)
- mine respawn (people have asked for that before; works only as intended if timers in scripts are really attached to the object that starts them though, which I don't know and have to test yet)
- Blacksmithing 1 requirement for mining (Blacksmithing is already a stepchild in crafting, maybe because it was added late in development. Many recipes that fit much better with blacksmiths still require Crafting. Personal opinion however.)
- field beds (for regeneration, should be faster - and funnier - than regeneration skills ... and work for zombies as well)
- curved arrows and a curved fireball, although I know that some people will hate that ;-)
(still needs to be done for enemies)
- some 'fixes' where I found incomplete (in my eyes) code like blood stones not removing the new statuses introduced in EE, the grave behind Thelyron's house now also works for companions and still works for everybody after players made their decision to leave it alone, although it is nothing more but display of messages, but it's more consistent than currently
- some other things that don't come to my mind in this moment ?

Internal stuff that might be interesting for other modders
- many new root templates (like missing scrolls e.g., I added ALL scrolls actually, only to be able to disable the two wrong scroll recipes for water and fire scrolls - currently we still create Avatar of Fire from an empty water scroll, another change they forgot in EE. Not sure yet if I exchange ALL scrolls and skillbooks in the treasure tables.)
- change to a lot of existing root templates, mostly to enable their use in crafting (like real 'vials' for the popular dye recipes) or to be able to 'hide' them from crafting (currently, every spell scroll found in the game can actually be destroyed with crafting, which could for example completely lock out access to Hiberheim since the Rift Spell can be turned into any empty scroll if 'IsStoryItem' does not interfere here, but I doubt that.)

I guess your mod has another direction so we might not interfere. My changes to a lot of root templates would though I guess ;-)

I still have a lot to do like going over all existing recipes.
Still unsure if I should make ALL npcs immune to ROT because I personally can not find that funny.
(Sell Tenebrium to Braccus and wait until he is almost dead ? Although in his case, he has Blackrock.)
Might be funny the first time but after that it's probably more annoying. Would save every other modder from having to remember to add Blackrock 1 to new Stats. Easy change as well because ROT is exclusively applied by Osiris I think.)

Planned:
More love for zombies, difficulty adjustments (would not bother with anything but Tactician though).

Dreams:
- more than five quickslot pages ;-)
- Larian backporting additional APIs from DOS2 to EE because I'm very sceptical I will like version 2
- Building a 'knowledge base' in the forum because I don't expect Larian to ever give us sufficient documentation ;-)
(Which in my opinion is one if not THE major reason for the lack of mods when compared to other games. I love the great flexibility of the engine but it is really hard to have to figure out everything over and over again for yourself.)

BTW: maybe, since you are one of the 'scripter wizards' of the forum you could answer my question about Torch.itemScript I posted some time ago ? ;-)

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F

Would be important to solve that problem. Baardvark even removed crafting/blacksmithing from gear in Scales to upvalue character building. - Maybe you could script a limit for boni that come from gear (if I remember right there is a function to check base value of abilities) and apply a penalty potion when the limit is exceeded. Scientist has to be regarded in some way too.

Yes, EE introduced an API to get the base value. I do not know yet if that only 'subtracts' gear boosts or also leaves out stuff like Scientist.
I have read his README and his Scales sounds amazing, but I haven't downloaded the current version because I'm not willing to register to yet another website ;-)

Since my mod is all about convenience, it would be very counterproductive if I removed both boosts from gear. I want to encourage crafting on a played character instead of keeping Jahan as a crafting mule and not discourage it. Removing those boosts would go in the wrong direction in that sense.

I know that his way to encourage putting points into the abilities is to give the players combat boosts when they take the abilities, but putting 15 points in each to get the max 5?

Unfortunately, as you know, there is no way to query any stats from an item except for the ones that do not help here at all like weight. (Oh yes, they use that for pressure plates and never fully implement anything but only what they need at a certain moment.)

My main point is to not have to swap out your combat gear while you're crafting, so I was thinking of enabling to put those boosts on combat gear. And I would enable such a recipe as soon as I find that the final result could be achieved by swapping gear, something like comparing value against base value.

The problem with this is I believe, that there's nothing like the 'StackId' potions have for gear boosts, so crafting might put a crafted buff on top of an existing one even if I used the buff name from DeltaModifiers.txt.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F

Ah, would be nice if such functions existed (but they don't as far as I see). What I do is transcripting crafting recipes to Osiris scripts, so I don't/can't use stats but templates and can't support all kinds of recipes. So: boosts, recipes with autolevel (all weapon and armor recipes) and crafted items without own template can't be supported by my mod. But that's okay: I like the crafting system of D:OS, my only intention is to compensate missing functions of inventory management to facilitate crafting. I'll support about 200 recipes (also recipes that require an anvil or other external objects), so that's quite a lot (all Potions, Arrows, Arrowheads, Grenades, ingredients like ore bars, dust, etc.).

I store different types of recipes in databases and use the information later. To give some examples:

Code
DB_CraftingFlags("POT_HealSmall","CON_Potion_Empty_A_cd6e86ca-e9be-444e-a7df-d295ec6bb578","CON_Herb_Mushroom_A_0106e3c1-bd81-4118-8a28-59c6dc941feb","CON_Potion_Health_A_944e4b8c-1736-4ff6-8fa6-d7ceda9941da","Crafting",1)
DB_CraftingFlagsDouble("POT_HealMedium","CON_Potion_Health_A_944e4b8c-1736-4ff6-8fa6-d7ceda9941da","CON_Potion_Health_A_944e4b8c-1736-4ff6-8fa6-d7ceda9941da","CON_Potion_A_Health_Medium_d2781168-5862-4e6d-95a3-47d9bd9e8dba","Crafting",2)
DB_CraftingFlagsWithTool("ARWI_ShaftBranch","WPN_Branch_A_568ab219-039b-4200-a24b-d29c9500fe4f","WPN_ArrowShaft_A_3ba1a061-0fe3-4c8e-a34a-940aecee16c9",3,"Crafting",0)
DB_ExternalCraftingFlags("UTI_IronBar","LOOT_Ore_A_Iron_A_053e23db-a144-4619-bb96-3208aecc77d5","Oven","LOOT_OreBar_A_Iron_A_1eabd114-a6c5-4e24-b61f-0932c65b8ef3",1,"Repair",1)

It's too much to explain how the whole script works and communicates with the dialog and - in the case of crafting with anvil etc. - with the character script. But I will comment and post the script when the mod is finished (about 1-2 weeks).

Looked at your database again. Amazing stuff.

You probably 'simulate' crafting with ItemTemplateAddToCharacter() and play some animation where necessary.

I hope you know how 'dangerous' ItemHandleRemove() is, already stumbled into that 'trap' myself ;-)

A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
You probably 'simulate' crafting with ItemTemplateAddToCharacter() and play some animation where necessary.

Yes. And the magic bag that was introduced in EE allows to automatically transfer ingredients the crafting character does not have in inventory. Don't you like the pop-up window or the function itself?
Most crafting will be done in dialog, so there will play one of the available dialog animations. But external crafting sends information to the character script and the character will move to a barrel, well, oven or anvil, if in range, and play some crafting animations, so that can be elaborated a bit more.

Your changes and additions seem very useful and interesting! Especially blacksmithing needs more care and the crafting recipes definitely have to be overhauled. There are things like WPN_Arrow_SlowDown_A (Crafting 1) but WPN_ArrowHead_SlowDown_A (Crafting 2). And Molotov would need a higher requirement, in my opinion. It's just too powerful. Do you consider introducing new requirements like loremaster for some recipes (sadly no multiple requirements possible)?

SniperHF has pretty portable bed-rolls in his standalone module ANC and it's also on my list. It seems, a must have for D:OS!

I hope you know how 'dangerous' ItemHandleRemove() is, already stumbled into that 'trap' myself ;-)

I don't need it for crafting, I think. But I will take care when I continue work on the transfer script.

I will have a look into the torch script until tomorrow and try to answer your questions. Currently a headache is marching in and, haha, needs some zombie love. wink

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F

Yes. And the magic bag that was introduced in EE allows to automatically transfer ingredients the crafting character does not have in inventory. Don't you like the pop-up window or the function itself?
Most crafting will be done in dialog, so there will play one of the available dialog animations. But external crafting sends information to the character script and the character will move to a barrel, well, oven or anvil, if in range, and play some crafting animations, so that can be elaborated a bit more.

It's the popup I hate with passion.
For keys or quest items I fully accept and welcome it but for all other stuff I dislike it like nothing else ... because of the annoying popup.
Could still test if using '2' for 'ReportAndMove' instead of '1' worked and was silent, but if that worked, I would probably only use that for keys, if I found the code.
... At least I still have not disabled auto-moving for the blood stone cage ;-)

Your changes and additions seem very useful and interesting! Especially blacksmithing needs more care and the crafting recipes definitely have to be overhauled. There are things like WPN_Arrow_SlowDown_A (Crafting 1) but WPN_ArrowHead_SlowDown_A (Crafting 2). And Molotov would need a higher requirement, in my opinion. It's just too powerful. Do you consider introducing new requirements like loremaster for some recipes (sadly no multiple requirements possible)?

I only touch crafting at all to give my newly introduced crafting tool a meaning. My main intention to introduce them at all was to 'detach' general and crafting tools, preventing them from accidental selling or destruction in crafting. (convenience again!)
Well, the wrong scroll recipes for Avatar of Fire and Avatar of Frost, the missing scrolls Netherswap, Decaying Touch and Summon Poison Slug and the introduction of 'real' Ranger, Rogue and Warrior scrolls are another reason, they all need recipes. (I never liked creating Man-at-Arms scrolls from fire scrolls.)

I might introduce stuff like 'scratch off the spell from a scroll' to create an empty one. That is convenience again, save scumming to get desired results already exists anyway and maybe scrolls will also find more use if they are easier to craft.
(I myself have become allergic to everything I consider inconvenience or a 'timesink' since I played MMOs hehe

SniperHF has pretty portable bed-rolls in his standalone module ANC and it's also on my list. It seems, a must have for D:OS!

Awesome, did not know that.
But that is already done, I will not remove it again.

(Tried to use an in-inventory item at first but ended up 'sleeping in my own inventory' so I switched to a skill ;-)

I don't need it for crafting, I think. But I will take care when I continue work on the transfer script.

What other way do you have to prevent a 'never exhaustable inventory' ?
Don't ingredients have to disappear when used in crafting ?
(not facilities of course like ovens or anvils ;-)

I will have a look into the torch script until tomorrow and try to answer your questions. Currently a headache is marching in and, haha, needs some zombie love. wink

A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
For keys or quest items I fully accept and welcome it but for all other stuff I dislike it like nothing else ... because of the annoying popup.
Could still test if using '2' for 'ReportAndMove' instead of '1' worked and was silent, but if that worked, I would probably only use that for keys, if I found the code.

Yeah, a simple and quiet message in the log or something else would be enough. 'Modern' games make me nervous.
Be aware that 2 means two items if available (quite surprising that it's actually for amount). I don't think it would change the pop-up and sound issue.

I use ItemTemplateRemoveFromCharacter to remove the items from inventory (they're sent to the character's inventory before this command). No handle needed.

I myself have become allergic to everything I consider inconvenience or a 'timesink' since I played MMOs hehe

Time for a desensitisation!

(Tried to use an in-inventory item at first but ended up 'sleeping in my own inventory' so I switched to a skill ;-)

Sniper spawns a bed-roll on use. Both good ways to relax.

But maybe we should relieve this thread from off-topics now, except we add the word 'dialog' to every sentence.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F

Yeah, a simple and quiet message in the log or something else would be enough. 'Modern' games make me nervous.
Be aware that 2 means two items if available (quite surprising that it's actually for amount). I don't think it would change the pop-up and sound issue.

You're right, that's surprising.
I have no increased interest to test it anyway, my code for different pickaxes and shovels already works, that was my main interest. Removing the annoying 'Magic Pockets' came for free with that. Using '-1' might work if '2' does not though.
(That seems typical though, calling it 'ReportAndMove' when it is actually an amount and provide nothing to suppress annoying popups. ;-)

I use ItemTemplateRemoveFromCharacter to remove the items from inventory (they're sent to the character's inventory before this command). No handle needed.

Personally I have become paranoid of 'inventory overflow crashes' since that required to restart EE from the beginning two times for me last year ;-)
So I try to delete what I don't use anymore. (My black hole traders do that too for example, real handle deletion ... without me knowing what consequences that might have considering the 'weird nature' of handles ;-)

I myself have become allergic to everything I consider inconvenience or a 'timesink' since I played MMOs hehe

Time for a desensitisation!

Sniper spawns a bed-roll on use. Both good ways to relax.

But maybe we should relieve this thread from off-topics now, except we add the word 'dialog' to every sentence.

If I had known Sniper's work before ... or maybe payed more attention ;-)

Well, I spawn a talking bed-roll or a talking coffin for zombies, so hopefully there are at least SOME differences ;-)

You are right about the off-topic thing. But this forum is so dead anyway that it does not really matter much ;-)

A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
Personally I have become paranoid of 'inventory overflow crashes' since that required to restart EE from the beginning two times for me last year ;-)
So I try to delete what I don't use anymore. (My black hole traders do that too for example, real handle deletion ... without me knowing what consequences that might have considering the 'weird nature' of handles ;-)

I remember Raze's posts about this (can't find the most helpful one at the moment); from what I understood and remember the problem can't be solved by deleting handles, since they can't be used a second time (the current limit is 64,000), if the problem you had is the same as this one and I don't mix things up:

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=580336#Post580336

Anyway: it seems crafting and trading necessarily causes problems at a certain point, depending on the amount of items you deal with.

PS:
If I had known Sniper's work before ... or maybe payed more attention ;-)

Well, I spawn a talking bed-roll or a talking coffin for zombies, so hopefully there are at least SOME differences ;-)

Bed-rolls are an evolutionary universal, so I'm sure Sniper wouldn't blame you for similarities wink

Last edited by Abraxas*; 30/07/16 04:02 PM.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard