Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
N
stranger
stranger
N
Okay. Thanks for the quick reply.

Hopefully Mac and Linux support will come in the future as with Divinity: Original Sin 1.

N
journeyman
journeyman
N
Interesting, ty for the announcement, will probably watch the video when I get to work.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Wish i could go to sleep and wake on the 15th laugh

E
journeyman
journeyman
E
Absolutely no mention of DM or Adventure Creation tools.
Based on D:OS these really need early-access far, far more than gameplay.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
In the Kickstarter update, Swen said DM tools are a few months away.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Eldarth
Absolutely no mention of DM or Adventure Creation tools.
Based on D:OS these really need early-access far, far more than gameplay.

All the changes they've done to D:OS 2 are substantial alterations from D:OS 1. It probably helps to get some of the fundamentals of gameplay tested and tweaked. You can't build a DM mode on a foundation of loose sand, which is what an Alpha is.

I would not expect to see DM/Adventure Creation tools available until after the game is feature-locked (no additional new features will be added). Trying to put them in earlier just means a lot of pointless extra work changing them constantly as the alpha and beta get revised.

stranger
stranger
It would be great to hear about the editor. Even if it wouldn't come out 15th then just hear did anything from the list at editor discussion page get in.

E
journeyman
journeyman
E
Originally Posted by Stabbey
You can't build a DM mode on a foundation of loose sand, which is what an Alpha is.

I would not expect to see DM/Adventure Creation tools available until after the game is feature-locked (no additional new features will be added). Trying to put them in earlier just means a lot of pointless extra work changing them constantly as the alpha and beta get revised.

Yes and No. While the DM tools may rely on a solid foundation of gameplay, as that should be it's focus - allowing the DM to tweak and adjust gameplay "on-the-fly," I think the Adventure Creation tools are very independent and are focused on visual and audio creation of the story.

I fear a repeat of the lost-opportunity that D:OS1 toolset brought -- a toolset that (almost) only a Larian developer could use that saw a grand total of (maybe) two(?) independent adventures/stories created 6 months or so after release?

The Adventure Creation toolset needs to be easy enough for a non-technical, non-script-expert, non-programmer to be able to create stories that don't require a live DM and can be shared with the ease of merely pushing a "publish" type button.

And those of us who ARE script-monkeys would really like to see HUGE improvements in the actual script "language" to make it a "real" language and not some weird state-machine with side-effects that change variables based on their positionality.

...and a pony. ...a Unicorn pony. ...and I want it now. horsey

stranger
stranger
what a nice birthday gift hehe

veteran
veteran
No one seriously expect the modding tools and the most advanced features at EA stage.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Eldarth
I fear a repeat of the lost-opportunity that D:OS1 toolset brought -- a toolset that (almost) only a Larian developer could use that saw a grand total of (maybe) two(?) independent adventures/stories created 6 months or so after release?

The Adventure Creation toolset needs to be easy enough for a non-technical, non-script-expert, non-programmer to be able to create stories that don't require a live DM and can be shared with the ease of merely pushing a "publish" type button.

In retrospect, it was probably too much for us to expect modding tools that could allow one person to make a module on their own, when LARIAN doesn't have one person who could make a module on their own. Making a map in D:OS/2 is a team effort from Larian.

What you're asking for is not an easy thing in the slightest.

I
apprentice
apprentice
I
I really enjoy the Kickstarter video updates. Swen is one of the coolest CEO's, love his enthusiasm, and I can't wait to try out early access on Steam. Unfortunately I missed out on the kickstart funding, is there anything I can do to buy into early access?

I'm most interested in the custom world and adventure building aspects of the game. Masks over undead be damned, DOS2 can really distinguish itself from all other games with the multiplayer co op play, and world building / dm features. It's been over a decade since NWN, and NOBODY has done anything even close to being great for multiplayer world and adventure customization.

Thanks for making a really cool looking game. My family is looking forward to it, and please take longer if you need the time to make it great. So many games fail when companies try to push them out before they are ready.

veteran
veteran
No point in having a dedicated mod support stretch goal if there is no plan of making it user-friendly.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Stabbey
In retrospect, it was probably too much for us to expect modding tools that could allow one person to make a module on their own, when LARIAN doesn't have one person who could make a module on their own. Making a map in D:OS/2 is a team effort from Larian.

What you're asking for is not an easy thing in the slightest.

Just imagine how quickly they could build the game if they made modding tools this powerful!

If it's hard for Larian to use the modding tools, then there's not much hope for the rest of us.

They really should be aiming for something in the ballpark of RPGMaker in usability. They should be putting their effort into building tools, and designing and creating content. They shouldn't be wasting manpower micromanaging the placement of every single tree and blade of grass.

veteran
veteran
Bioware was able to make the Aurora, I have much more faith in Larian nowadays.

apprentice
apprentice
this looks so amazing...

but... please keep Rock–paper–scissors in DOS2...
I can accept 4 people Rock–paper–scissors for more turns...

V
stranger
stranger
V
Originally Posted by Raze

Currently Windows is the only confirmed platform for the game.

Thats disappointing, but not at all surprising. I hope this is meant for the Early Access only?

Originally Posted by Nedda R
this looks so amazing...

No, better some verbal fights. wave

Support
Support
Originally Posted by Vector
I hope this is meant for the Early Access only?

There has been no official announcement of additional platforms. That may happen later in development, or after the initial release.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by ChavaiotH
Originally Posted by Nedda R
this looks so amazing...

No, better some verbal fights. wave

Better still: Monkey Island Insult Sword Fighting (TM)

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard