Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Leter #583867 09/08/16 10:38 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Leter
Originally Posted by Dark_Ansem
Let's face it. 2016 is unrealistic.
They've put to much stuff on that wagon. Races, skilltrees, dimentions, and what not and now they are stuck between KS and reality. To be clear, I don't accuse them of wrong intentions, just think they overestemited their engine capabilities and theirs. Now there so many factors and interactions between game elements and on top of that lore of the univers that it's becoming if not the design nightmare then extremly difficult task. I belive in Larian Studios, they can pull it off but I do hope they realize the complexity of the task and that on the way to accompish those goals Larian will not forget about one thing we love them for - attention to detail, humor, and well thought out mechanics, and polished game.
I'm not the game designer, nor have anything to do with their development, but in my humble opinion end of 2017 is better time to release this game.
And that's good, they should NOT rush it. They should take advatige of being their own publishers end FINISH the game. Please Larian don't rush it out to the market. You have no excuse to do that. Stop, look at the problem, estemate the needs and just do it in your own pace. You have a chance to make witcher 4, the kind of games we wait for decades. Good luck.

BTW please fix my KS badge.

A bit harsh but hey, not unheard of. At least Larian is not as unreliable as Perihelion.

I disagree. My opinion is not and not supposed to be "harsh". Just an opinion of the fan.
And BTW putting Larian and Perihelion in the same sentence is really unfair. One has nothing to do with the other. Maybe except using KS. And there similarities ends.

Perihelion's team is made, in theory, of experienced developers.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I also thought that 2016 would be too optimistic ... it's kind of an tradition, that their games are a bit late laugh.

As for Perihelion: just shows that making art is always difficult, no matter how experienced you are. Most of the time I forget that The Mandate is even in development. It will be interesting if they even make a bug, when it comes out, since there isn't ANY marketing. And I don't think that they will get as lucky as Larian, when they launched Original Sin the first time.

Last edited by Zelon; 09/08/16 03:53 PM.
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Clarity!

(Hi everyone, btw.)

- There is only one Larian Studios. We have four offices, but we are the same studio, not four separate studios.

- We did promised day/night for D:OS, but having learned from that, we didn't promise it for D:OS2.

- The engine has been massively improved for D:OS2.

Wish I could tell you more than what's in the latest Kickstarter update, but I'm afraid I can't!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1650167

Devin

Zelon #583874 09/08/16 05:13 PM
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Zelon
it's kind of an tradition, that their games are a bit late laugh.

That's hardly unique to Larian; look at game development in general, especially with Kickstarter, where time frames have to be estimated much earlier in the development process than would otherwise be made public.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

That's hardly unique to Larian; look at game development in general, especially with Kickstarter, where time frames have to be estimated much earlier in the development process than would otherwise be made public.
Originally Posted by Devin at Larian
Clarity!

(Hi everyone, btw.)

- There is only one Larian Studios. We have four offices, but we are the same studio, not four separate studios.

- We did promised day/night for D:OS, but having learned from that, we didn't promise it for D:OS2.

Wish I could tell you more than what's in the latest Kickstarter update, but I'm afraid I can't!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin-2/posts/1650167

Devin

Thanks to both!
"Massively" improved?

Raze #583886 09/08/16 08:04 PM
addict
addict

I dont believe that our continuing bla-bla about larian being late and/or not meeting certain dates is not to be taken too serious. larian has proven time and again that quality comes first and that it is well worth the wait

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
4verse #583887 09/08/16 08:56 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by 4verse

I dont believe that our continuing bla-bla about larian being late and/or not meeting certain dates is not to be taken too serious. larian has proven time and again that quality comes first and that it is well worth the wait

I was actually not so impressed with DD or DOS the enhanced edition was good.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Originally Posted by Devin at Larian
Clarity!

(Hi everyone, btw.)

Devin

Oh, come on. We need honesty not half-truths, and general slogans, and hiding beheind secrets.
This update is more what-we-do-in-marketing-and-where-we-gonna-go-update. The only game footage was:
1. two arms of Swen on monitor
2. "magic button"
3. lots of running (real life)
4. character creation screen with few hero models which show more "massive" downgrade instade of improvment of the engine,
5. a little bit of mechanics (this memory stat worries me alot - restrining players instead give them more challenges??? hmmm... I hope they won't adapt D&D mechanics i.e. once-per-battle skills), but this will change the battles characteristics.
6. "we have more but we will not show you - IT'S A SECRET"

Now serieously, Larian decided they wanted to change the battle mechanics with action points, height advatiges, field bonuses, limit of "active" skills. And that's fine. This is their game, the idea is to make it fresh. Only new story is more DLC then "2". And that's great. I trust Larian that they can make it work, they did it many times in the past. But they have to be VERY careful. Because of battles so many loved this game. Bold move. Didn't see the skill tree. So no comments.
Recaping: Larian redesigns the whole game. That's good or bad, we can argue, but sure leaves me excited.

Please, please fix my KS badge.

Leter #583914 10/08/16 10:35 AM
addict
addict
Oh, come on. We need honesty not half-truths, and general slogans, and hiding beheind secrets.

Can I suggest some patience?

Often the reason they don't announce something is because they haven't made a final decision yet. This is to avoid things like "promising day and night cycles" only to later find out that it was a bad idea.

Many of your complaints are things that they're probably still working on (or at least fine tuning). Instead of complaining about how it might go wrong, try discussing it and consider how you can encourage them to get it right.

Notice a lot of things still have square brackets [] around them? This means they haven't decided on a name they like yet. Also, while I saw plenty of mage skills, I didn't see any skills for summoning masters or shapeshifters.

I learned plenty from the latest update, and I liked what I've seen so far.

Leter #583915 10/08/16 10:46 AM
Support
Support
Please, please fix my KS badge.

What is wrong with the badge? It shows up fine here, the same as under Ayvah's user name.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Someone in this thread wrote that everyone gets Alpha & Beta access to this game, which seems odd to me, if they list it as a Kickstarter reward for some tiers. So, I was surprised to see an announcement that "Early Access" was coming next month, when no mention of Alpha or Beta access has been delivered to my email address (that I know of).

Can we get some kind of clarification on the topic of Alpha & Beta access? When will it begin, and who is allowed to Alpha & Beta test this game? What is the difference between "Early Access", and Alpha/Beta testing?

Amiga: Best personal computer ever invented
Commodore: Company that killed what computing should have been
Apple: Best substitute computing choice available (for now)
Support
Support

The alpha/beta was a reward in all tiers that included the game.

You should have gotten a Kickstarter update email a little while ago.

In terms of the game itself, the alpha/beta and Early Access are the same.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Yay I got my icon! I honestly thought it would be automatic O_o

journeyman
journeyman
Yay 15. September smile I am so ready to test this game. Only question I have, how does this game work if I play with a friend but that said friend decides to quit? Can I play alone with the same save or do I have to make a new game?

Support
Support

If you are hosting, you can continue playing. Presumably if your friend was hosting, you would be able to get the save and continue by yourself, or co-op with someone else.

About the delay for GOG early access. Any info?

journeyman
journeyman
Looking forward to this.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.” – George Carlin-
Support
Support

There is no new information yet, just what was said today: we are working on making it available on GOG, and more details will follow.

Thx Raze.

addict
addict
Does GOG have something similar to the Steam workshop?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard