Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
I just saw this video of DOS2 gameplay and I'm starting to get all confused about the timeline in Divinity games (I'm just kidding, I was confused since Divinity 2, lol) - guys there said that DOS2 happens a thousand years after DOS1! And inbetween these two games happened Divine Divinity, Beyond Divinity and Divinity 2. I thought devs said earlier it will be a hundred years between DOS1 and DOS2. I guess it should not be surprising, considering that Dragon Commander takes place 8 (!) thousand years before all these games - either timeline in Divinity series is deliberately jumping back and forth like a crazy timetravelling frog or devs are as confused about it as me and just picking big random numbers.

So I hope whoever writes this lore book will finally put an official straight timeline with all the events spelled out for timeline impaired people like me.

And also, it's time someone drew a full map of Rivellon, because in every new game there's a brand new area in another part of the world with no connection to old ones (unless of course devs are confused about Rivellon geography too).

enthusiast
enthusiast
They said that the game takes place after D:OS 1 and Divine Divinity, but shortly before Beyond Divinity and Divinity 2. My guess is, that they want to update the lore for players of D:OS and newcomer and then create finally Divinity 3 with turnbased-combat^^.

But yeah, let's hope that all parts of the lore and creationmyth will finally get together. I'm very excited for it smile.

Last edited by Zelon; 23/08/16 01:39 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Seriously am I the only one to think this does not look as good as the first game ??

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Linio
Seriously am I the only one to think this does not look as good as the first game ??

Is that a lore related question?

On topic: to be honest, Divinitys lore has always been a weak point imo. I always needed to weave in some of my own fantasy to make sense of it ...

Last edited by 4verse; 23/08/16 04:33 PM.

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
veteran
veteran
I also hope the lore book is great. we need serious retcon, I want to know the cosmology of the realm and the major deities! And how the Divinity Universe is (if something like D&D or the Elder Scrolls).

Is there any way to add the lore book to my pledge?

I'm also hoping that the lore book will take an indepth look at the lore and not be just a mere pamphlet.

Support
Support

BlueGuy;
There was some discussion about allowing money to be added (via Paypal) for add-ons (excluding extra copies of the game). As long as no issues cropped up with that, there should be a Kickstarter update at some point with instructions and deadlines, etc, if it is implemented.

EDIT: actually, I checked if anyone looked into this further, and at the moment it isn't looking very likely. Sorry about that. sad

Last edited by Raze; 24/08/16 09:01 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Raze

BlueGuy;
There was some discussion about allowing money to be added (via Paypal) for add-ons (excluding extra copies of the game). As long as no issues cropped up with that, there should be a Kickstarter update at some point with instructions and deadlines, etc, if it is implemented.

Yeah I wanted to get an extra copy of the game for a friend I totally hyped for the game but it doesn't seem to be possible.

Concerning the Lore book do you know if it's going to be translated in other languages like it was for the developpers journal in Divinity Anthology ?

Support
Support

The lore book is not being translated.

BlueGuy;

EDIT: actually, I checked if anyone looked into this further, and at the moment it isn't looking very likely. Sorry about that. sad

Well thanks for letting me know. I'm sure someone will add the lore to the divinity wiki at some point. I really like having those books of lore like Ultima had through. I suppose I can always make my own at some point.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by BlueGuy

BlueGuy;

Well thanks for letting me know. I'm sure someone will add the lore to the divinity wiki at some point. I really like having those books of lore like Ultima had through. I suppose I can always make my own at some point.

I wouldn't give up hope just yet!

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard