Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
stranger
stranger
A
Hello! After crashing of the game (Steam ver.) all map has gone back to black. Besides, doors in council hall is closed, I can't go to Zandalor to the statues of Seven. What can I do? Thank you.

Memory: 16384 MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12684 MB RAM
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: GeForce GTX 780
latest Drivers
only core programs, steam and anti virus running
fully patched.

Support
Support

It sounds like the world.x1 file in your save may have become corrupt...

First, try deleting all of the files in the '..\SteamApps\common\divine_divinity\Dynamic' folder.
This folder is used as a cache for the game. Files are created / copied there from the save game folder when you load, and written / copied from that folder when you save a game. The files will be re-created as required the next time you start Divinity. If there was a corrupt file in that folder, deleting the files should fix the problem.

If that doesn't help, the file in your latest save is likely missing or corrupt.

Do you have any older working saves? If you don't have one recent enough to revert back to, a world.x1 file from a previous save may at least partly fix the problems in your current save (make a copy of your latest save game folder, and copy the older world.x1 file into it). The world files keep track of items left directly on the ground, as well as quest opened locations.

There are several ways to get around resealed locations:

FIX for the Missing Catacombs Portal

Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor

and restore possible missing quest items:

Lost Items - guide and directory of inventory files

A
stranger
stranger
A
Thank you for your answer! Well, I'm already deleted all files from "Dynamic" folder, it didn't help. Unfortunatly I haven't older saves (I know, I know, that's stupid). So, probably, I will use HEX editor, I don't see any other ways.

Support
Support

I have all the saves from my first game (excluding quicksaves, of course). What have you done so far in Verdistis? What council quests have you completed, and which scrying orbs have you picked up?

I finished most of the quests in Verdistis before going to the castle, so if you were to use a world.x1 file from my save after opening the scrying room in the council hall, you may have issues with unfinished quests in Verdistis. Let me know if you want to try it.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I did not take a lot of quests in Veristis. It seems that the main problem in this situation - impossibility to get out of the room with statues and Zandalor in the Counsil of Seven.

Another problem I noticed - I can't use teleports, it's all closed.

And yes, I want to try to put your file World.x1 in my save. Can you send me this file to my e-mail: amelmgn@gmail.com?

Last edited by Amel; 18/07/14 09:52 AM.
Support
Support

Do you mean the teleporter pads, or the teleporter pyramids? If the latter, have you talked to the imp historian in the council hall, in the side room left of the gong (opened after killing the succubus?

If the teleporter pads are not working, there is a relatively easy fix for that. See the last post in the topic Teleporter Gates ceased functioning. If you have an older working save, copying the telpstates.000 from that file to your most recent one will enable the teleporter pads again that were active in that save.

I've emailed you the world.x1 file from a save just after defeating the succubus, so all the scrying orbs are on the ground. That shouldn't cause a problem if you've already picked some up and scried, I don't think.

I dropped my dragon belt, as well, since I had already gotten it in Verdistis, so it will be missing if you use my world file. This will let you use it to complete that quest, though stats would be corrupted, making it unlikely to be of use as a belt. I had not gotten Finnigan's magic lockpicks, so there shouldn't be a problem getting them in your game. There may be other problems with missing keys, etc, based on the quests I already completed.
Alternately, you could use the file temporarily to get out of the scrying room and save, then in your original save use the catacombs portal fix technique to drop a pyramid outside, and leave one inside the scrying room.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Thank you! All teleports are work now, it seems that all problems is solved now! Thanks again!

J
stranger
stranger
J
Hey guys!

I need help with solving performance issues when playing Divine Divinity. I bought the divinity anthology pack via steam yesterday and in total managed to play divine divinity about 30 min out of those 5-6 hours when I tried to solve the issues by my own.

I have a gaming laptop (Lenovo y50) which has:
CPU i5-4210H (2.9GHz)
8gb RAM
Nvidia Geforce gtx 960m - graphics card
Windows 10 with 64 - bit system

what else information would you need....ask more if needed.

Main problems are continuous fps drops (drops from about 60 to 5 fps and rises back to 60 when moving around map), stuttering, slowness and long loading times in the game. At this point I've tried to solve the problems with every way I've found from the Internet and the game's readme files. I've tried: compatibility mode (everyone of them), administrator mode, reinstalling, editing config file ( as much as I knew what to write in it), nglide (didn't seem to work) and software mode (which crashed all the time when I tested it or started the game). I've also updated drivers.

I've spent the whole day today on figuring out these issues but without success. Yesterday the 30 min I mentioned was the time I got the Divine Divinity to work perfectly and smoothly without any problems, but didn't have time to play it more than those 30 min. Today when I started the game all hyped up to play I got bitch slapped on my face when all the problems were back. :D

I fell in love with this serie when I bought DOS: EE on ps4 and figured I had to buy these earlier games too. Divine Divinity looks also filled with awesome, but I'm hoping these issues can be solved. I'm thinking these problems are because of my 64 - bit system and this ******** windows 10.

Thanks to you all for helping in advance! :))

Last edited by Juuzoz; 22/12/15 03:03 PM. Reason: corrected spelling.
Support
Support

J
stranger
stranger
J
Those didn't seem to work frown vice versa made it lag even more and the game's sounds started to break really bad laugh....

Never mind my response above. I reinstalled the game and put those files you had suggested in. Now it seems to be running at least about 80% better which is enough for me. There is a little stuttering still in sight but its playable now. Thank you very much! smile

Last edited by Juuzoz; 22/12/15 08:55 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Clicking on any book/manuscript in the Developers' Area (Armor of Lahrian) results in the game crashing.
Version: Gog.

EDIT: Tingalf refused to disappear from the game after revealing him to the authorities.

Also: the quest to get the wine for Corina from Anthrabert (whothe wine merchant sold the bottle) never got crossed out.

Last edited by twillight; 02/02/18 05:48 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
HELP!

Zaknadrix is hostile! Can you tell me how to make him talk to me?

I noticed he was "red" already when fighting the succubus, but as the imp tlaked to me though whatever. Also, it was obviously not my fault, as to that point had no chance to interact with the character at all.

Now when I go to gather the Council of Seven, Zaknadrix simply attacks me! He doesn't talk to me, thus can't go further in the game!
I hoped I could charm him good, but doesn't react. Tried to skip the whole quest hitting the gong, but that doesn't work that way.

Using the Gog-version. PLEASE HELP!

PS: it says it has neutral affiliation, 0 value. Thought hostile things are always -100.
My characterhas 53 reputation.

Last edited by twillight; 02/02/18 10:57 PM.
Support
Support

A couple of people have reported a crash clicking on those books.
That set of 5 books is a German story from the Larian forum before the game was released. There are some details about it in the topic The History of the Lost Kingdom books, as well as an English translation.

If you are so inclined, and able, you can read the story outside of the game by opening the file below in a text editor (ignore the binary file warning; just don't re-save) and searching for the term Teil I 4 times (for Teil I, II, III and IV), and then Teil V :
..\Divine Divinity\main\startup\static\books.000

If you have an issue trying the hex edit or Jem's program, mentioned in the imp topic, zip the data.000 file from your latest save folder and email it to support@larian.com.
Each save is a subfolder in the '..\Divine Divinity\savegames' folder.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard