Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
N
norD Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
N
Howdy Early Birds!

Thanks for biting the bullet and being here so early on in the dance. We identified some small yet urgent things, so we slaved day and night on a small update. Here's a changelist for version v2.0.165.341:

Fixed: some player animations were missing textkeys so they could not attack
Fixed: for some player characters, the dialog with Rhalic was looping
Fixed: some alignment issues where the entire island would use chinese whispers to gang up on you if you took out only one of them
Fixed: some rare crashes
Fixed: test localisation files were included and they should not have been there
Added voice over to the intro and outro videos

Enjoy!

DK and the Larian Studios Team

G
stranger
stranger
G
Huzzah!

Quick question: is the UI also subject to change? (I'm talking about thaat right click on a char-portrait to open inventory)

J
stranger
stranger
J
Good to see patches starting to roll out so fast.

Has Larian made a statement on when we can expect the ability to change our starting spells?

I'm finding myself very unmotivated to invest time in a character I didn't get to build from the ground up.

Last edited by J3eta; 16/09/16 06:56 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
J3eta, the game available with early access is just ~10 hours long. The full game isn't really available. They may make enough changes over the period of the alpha and the beta, that we might have to make new characters anyways

veteran
veteran
Yup, intermit patches may break your saves... and savegames made now will NOT work in the final version.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Understood, its just a feature I am very excited to get my hands on.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Hassat Hunter
Yup, intermit patches may break your saves... and savegames made now will NOT work in the final version.

Just an FYI, if you're mid playthrough and Larian releases a patch that breaks saves you can still finish it if you do the following:

1. Set the game to "only update when I launch".
2. When you launch steam, if you see a patch pending for D:OS 2 shut down steam and start it in offline mode.
3. Play the game unpatched.

Obviously any such feedback you'd provide on an old patch should come with caveat; but if you find yourself in the middle of a game and want to finish, that's the way to do it.

journeyman
journeyman
Looking forward to more patches.

There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.” – George Carlin-
enthusiast
enthusiast
Is there some kind of roadmap planned for the future update upon completion?
It could be interesting to let people know the priorities set for the development (not asking for specific dates mind me, just a general flavor of what's to come)

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Linio
It could be interesting to let people know the priorities set for the development (not asking for specific dates mind me, just a general flavor of what's to come)

that would be really nice since it brings a feeling of getting closer with the developers and its always nice to see what the devs are working on/getting to know what they want to implement/fix with the feedback they get on the forum

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Would like that too! And a list of known bugs etc. would also be nice, to prevent the double reports.

O
stranger
stranger
O

Well, I'm in agreement. Quite obviously, bugfixes and balancing/reworking probably comes and goes based on necessity, but key features like new acts, new character customisations (if any) and the Undead race could be part of this roadmap.

stranger
stranger
Really looking forward to seeing how this game develops. Roadmap and a list of known bugs would be great though.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I was kind of expecting much more regular patches and updates. A week is a long time in alpha.

On the plus side, I guess the lack of hotfixes is a sign that at least the top level CTD bugs are fixed and they can spend the next 4 months working on the fun stuff.

Last edited by Bhazor; 23/09/16 09:07 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
One patch within the initial release is saddening... the pink text for quest entries is still not fixed. smirk

apprentice
apprentice
How can we participate the localization of the game??

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Plumpbiscuit
One patch within the initial release is saddening... the pink text for quest entries is still not fixed. smirk

I'd rather they not patch too quickly, people need time to get through the game and if the next planned patch is going to break saves they need to space them out.

Support
Support

When updates contain changes that can not maintain save compatibility, Steam has beta branches which can be used to make sure the previous version remains available, so people can complete any playthroughs already in progress. GOG's Games in Development program (whenever D:OS 2 is available there) already features individual control on updates, and allows rolling back to earlier game versions.

journeyman
journeyman
Well this is an alpha, expect the game and your saves to break. I'd rather Larian constantly update the alpha because people are going to keep reporting the same issues all the time, it would be better to fix them and move on to something else and know for sure that bug is fixed.

Z
apprentice
apprentice
Z
Originally Posted by Plumpbiscuit
Well this is an alpha, expect the game and your saves to break. I'd rather Larian constantly update the alpha because people are going to keep reporting the same issues all the time, it would be better to fix them and move on to something else and know for sure that bug is fixed.

Well it would be nice to get constant updates, but to be fair some of these "fixes" take a long time to implement(like reworking abilities, memory and skill cost, etc..) so it makes sense that these first updates will take longer.

I will admit that the game has it's fair share of issues right now within it's dearly early stage. But, for many of which that are complaining they explicitly said the game will be in pretty rough shape and that playing it right now will be filled with bugs. Be patient, if you don't want to deal with the issues then put the game down and slide it off to the side and wait for it's Beta at least. Otherwise, join in on reporting bugs every now and then, look forward to the next improvement.

Don't poke the fire. It might poke back!
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by SniperHF

I'd rather they not patch too quickly, people need time to get through the game and if the next planned patch is going to break saves they need to space them out.

I Agree. Besides, seeing as there's only about 10hrs of game play so far, it shouldn't be too hard to finish it before the next patch comes through.

I personally would like to see the patches come through on a weekly/fortnightly basis so that the creators have time to work on the next chapters to release them... say once a month (I know that's asking a lot but it would be nice!)
That way you get a sense of excitement and interest with every month and they can work through their bugs at the same time without loosing the gamers that have already finished the game a few times.

veteran
veteran
There will be no more chapters till release, just a tuned-up Fort Joy.
Also 2 months in EA is unreasonable.

But I'm fine with a bit longer time now that I have less time to actually play D:OS2EA frown. Not that I wouldn't restart right away, still...

B
stranger
stranger
B
I lol'd @ A week is a long alpha. Anyone that complains about status of alpha has no idea what ALPHA or Early Access means :|

journeyman
journeyman
I think they meant it as in weekly updates, not a week then release..

journeyman
journeyman
Hey, any new updates?
Wanna wait until some patch to play it again smile
thx in advance

Support
Support

Not yet, but there should be an update 'soon' (no ETA).

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Hey Raze, any word yet on the next update? Super keen laugh

Support
Support

I think the next update is primarily focused on bug fixes. It will require a new game be started; a beta branch in Steam will allow people to continue existing playthroughs with the current version of the game.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Raze

I think the next update is primarily focused on bug fixes. It will require a new game be started; a beta branch in Steam will allow people to continue existing playthroughs with the current version of the game.

Obviously bug fixes are important, but I would certainly hope that a month of feedback would contain some changes to balance to try out as well. Otherwise might as well shift the estimated release date to Q1 2018.

veteran
veteran
The core issue is kind of an overhaul of everything, I guess that is not that easily accomplished. I don't know how prepared they were for such a case.

But a timeline would certainly help testers and acertain those who are having unsecurity because of the missing stuff.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
This Patchnote is really late uh.

journeyman
journeyman
still waiting on any update on an update think
a timeline would be great, even if it changes slightly. This would really be helpful since I am looking forward to the release and if I know it will take another year, I know not to sit on *nails * biggrin

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by Lynoa
still waiting on any update on an update think
a timeline would be great, even if it changes slightly. This would really be helpful since I am looking forward to the release and if I know it will take another year, I know not to sit on *nails * biggrin

Welp it won't be coming today that is for sure, look at there twitter frown

journeyman
journeyman
Thx just checked... frown
And this weekend I would have time to play *cry*

enthusiast
enthusiast
Why no roadmap or at least some overview of how updates will be planned?

journeyman
journeyman
Any words on previous saved games compatibility?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by GrumpyMcGrump
Any words on previous saved games compatibility?

I believe that the next patch will first drop onto a beta branch, to give everyone else a chance to finish up their current playthrough. The new beta branch will almost certainly not have saved game compatibility because the point of an alpha is to try out various major changes.

Why no roadmap or at least some overview of how updates will be planned?

Not saying they couldn't do that, but it's a scary move for devs. Anything a dev says these days is taken by the community as a promise so releasing an extensive plan to the public is a scary prospect. On the flip side you certainly don;t want to get expectations too high... (No Mans Sky anyone?)

Chaotic neutral, not chaotic stupid.
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Stabbey
I believe that the next patch will first drop onto a beta branch, to give everyone else a chance to finish up their current playthrough.

AFAIK it will be the other way around; the main branch will be updated, and a beta branch used for the current version.

veteran
veteran
No Man Sky totally lied about features, at least Sean Murray did. The secret is not to make skyhigh promises but be honest.

Originally Posted by Kalrakh
No Man Sky totally lied about features, at least Sean Murray did. The secret is not to make skyhigh promises but be honest.

This right here is exactly what I was talking about. "No Man Sky totally lied about features, at least Sean Murray did." He likely had every intention of making those features he was talking about but ended up having to cut them due to budget and time constraints. I don't know, I'm not expert on the subject. But because he mentioned them it became an expectation rather than a possibility.

veteran
veteran
I don't think, there was an intention for real multiplayer for example. The way of creating procedural systems for every single player individually totally counterdicts any possibility of multiplayer so far I can grasp this stuff. Also the fact that going for the center is just a new game+.

For some stuff he probably really overestimated their abilities and was just a fool. But I think it would be hard for Larian to follow the same path, adding the missing skill trees will be hardly a hollow promise for example. I trust Larian to be experienced and honest enough to ackowledge their capabilities. Also we are talking about stuff, they already promised, so it's more about knowing when to expect them. Delays can still happen, I think only few would grab pitchforks and torches for reasonbale delays.

Kinda missing the point to be honest. They don't have to say anything so why would they? The game will release at some point and giving us a plan for what they are working on can do little more than set our expectations which is inherently problematic for the devs and limits their ability to change plans without poking the proverbial beehive that is the internet. It is a very easy mistake for devs to make and often a career ending one.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
I sure hope we get some news today, it is monday and time for work!

journeyman
journeyman
Still no word?

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Still no word?

There sure is news!

journeyman
journeyman
yes... but not on patch... i read the tweets smile

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
yes... but not on patch... i read the tweets smile

Jep, you are right. The only clue we have is that it will be this month.

journeyman
journeyman
Actually it should be this week according to their facebook

You've heard of Duncan Blackwood, of course? The author of 'Blackwood's Bestiary'? The dwarf that set out through the winter snow to record each and every monster he could find in Rivellon?

No? Well, no matter, you'll be able to watch his journey play out this week as he crosses Rivellon, chronicling every monster that he comes upon.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
LordCrash ‏@CrashMjF 4 uur4 uur geleden

@larianstudios Big patch incoming? Nice.... :)))
1 vind-ik-leuk
Andere antwoorden bekijken
Larian Studios ‏@larianstudios 3 uur3 uur geleden

@CrashMjF The dwarf is not related to the patch, I am afraid. Wait for tomorrow, you will hear more from him tomorrow! smile
0 antwoorden 0 retweets 0 vind-ik-leuks

James Perrone ‏@james__perrone 5 uur5 uur geleden
@larianstudios HYPE! So the patch is at least confirmed to be this week right?

Larian Studios ‏@larianstudios 3 uur3 uur geleden

@james__perrone This dwarf doesn´t have anything to to with the patch, I am afraid, You will see tomorrow. smile
0 antwoorden 0 retweets 0 vind-ik-leuks
James Perrone ‏@james__perrone 2 uur2 uur geleden

@larianstudios Oh, how interesting. Now I really want to know what this mean. Can't wait until tomorrow.

Last edited by Bhazor; 17/10/16 09:37 PM.
V
stranger
stranger
V
Is there a Dev Log? That would be nice... I don't really check twitter very often.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon, Seter 

Link Copied to Clipboard