Next Thread
Print Thread
#586047 17/09/16 01:03 AM
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
One of the things which made D:OS so awesome to play was the ability to summon huge and kick-@ss magical creatures at will to do your bidding and add to the combat.

While I am still reasonably sure that these are still yet to be uncovered in the game and will once again be awesome, I have a somewhat nagging concern growing that I have played the game now in multiple playthroughs for many hours and have yet to come across a single summon creature spell.

Perhaps they are reserved for higher levels? That's fine if so.
I only hope that they haven't been left out for some reason. That would be really disappointing as the summons were part of what separated this from simply being a clone of other popular RPG games.

Maybe they are reserved for a later phase in development? Again, that's fine - but it's worth noting how invaluable they were in the combat of the previous game A, and even more so in the harder tactical modes.

Has anyone actually found any summon creature spells yet? If so, let me know (so I can rest easy!) :-)

On a final note, it would be pretty bizarre if a game that included "Necromancy" DIDN'T have the ability to raise undead minions!
o.O

Last edited by Scorpyon; 17/09/16 01:05 AM.

Where's my badge, Jimmy?
Where's my badge...?
There is for sure some skeleton summons at least with Necromancy. Skills are extremely different from what they were in DoS1 so we just have to wait and see. New skills also seem sorta rare, so just gotta wait it out.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
I covered most the vendors and did not see any necro book summons I did note there is a necro spell for summoning that green slime. NPCs have it but it seems to be prominent on necro chars so probably just not in alpha as a book.

N
N
I've always loved summoning classes, though sadly in most games they cheap out and give you only one mediocre summon, rather than one really strong one, or several somewhat weaker ones.

IIRC, Summoning was most voted for as its own separate skill dedicated to it, so it maybe just isn't implemented yet. Personally, I am hoping to be able to eventually call demons/void beings to help me kick butt.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The only summon currently in the game doesn't work, and costs 3 memory for some reason. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

veteran
veteran
Several enemy summons don't work either, so yeah...

Last edited by Hassat Hunter; 17/09/16 06:43 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
I hope this will be sorted soon, summoning a crowd of monsters is my favourite tactic against enemies. I'd rather be able to summon a host of weaker imps that one big mean demon, a bit like tossing a hornets nest into a crowd of enemies: They're not big, but they sure stirr things up! :-)

I would love to have a whole skill set based on summoning, not neccearily necromancer though. Elementalist, maybe? :-)

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.
journeyman
journeyman
It should be in the game because one of the kickstarter polls about skill trees was the summoning master XD And they will definitely add summoning spells for elemental mages and other beasts. If they wouldn't it would cut out a big slice of the combat systems fun.

apprentice
apprentice
Indeed! It affects not only combat though. I hope there will be a huge spider again, I loved the spider in DOS. It creeped me out for being very much a spider while saving my bacon more than once hehe
I mean, it's extremely useful to have a summon you can send into areas you don't want to go your self. A stream of lava would be no match for a fire elemantal... Just imagine the puzzles you could create based on summoning.

Last edited by Nemorosa; 17/09/16 11:45 AM.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.
Talk to stingtail, he sells a book that allows you to summon a level 4 fire elemental.

apprentice
apprentice
Considered that I put my backside on the line for that Lizard I better get a serious discount!

Y
apprentice
apprentice
Y
Yea, summoning, necromancer, and puppet master type classes are my favorite type of classes in RPG's. Hope to see summoner in the game.

S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Apparently the Fire Elemental is bugged (from what my co-op mate told me when we tried using it).
It can't actually attack - but is a decent enough meat shield

Where's my badge, Jimmy?
Where's my badge...?
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
An enemy in the prison summons a Source Dog. The dog appears but isn't considered in combat...

O
stranger
stranger
O
well, there will be a summoner skill tree, so you can expect summon skills for sure :D

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by OxTeR
well, there will be a summoner skill tree

Any prove of that? What do you mean a summoner skill tree? There isn't any skill tree here whatsoever.

addict
addict
Kickstarter vote.

"I don't make games to make money, I make money to make games". (Swen Vincke)
S
veteran
veteran
S
my guess is: Summoning master is beeing worked on right now and they are redoing the summons to be balanced with summoning master since the latter seemingly only interacts with summons that already exist.

apprentice
apprentice
I just hope that we still will be able to get more undead summon spells for necromancer, cause what kind of necromancer cant summon undead?

apprentice
apprentice
Ghosts too, we definately need summoned ghosts.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard