Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 57 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 56 57
Support
Support

If you create a new profile and start a new game, do you have any problem with these delays in combat or dialogue? What about reloading an older save that was working before (or if you load a save that had minor problems, is it still minor or comparable to your recent saves)?

If a new game, or older saves, display the same issues as your recent saves, the problem may be with the game itself, or be system related.

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game? Firewalls have caused conflicts (generally on loading screens, though) and overlays from graphics tweaking/monitoring programs or chat programs have also caused issues.

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

If applicable, disable Steam cloud support either globally (in the client click on the Steam menu and select Settings, and then Cloud) or just for this game (in the library right click Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition and select Properties, then switch to the Updates tab and check the Steam Cloud section).

Next, try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing. With Steam cloud support enabled, Steam would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.
After that, start D:OS, create a new profile and maybe check a new game. Exit and copy a couple saves from the renamed folder into the newly created profile's savegames_patch folder. If that lets you load the saves and play without issues, move the rest of the saves over.
If that doesn't help, delete the new My Documents D:OS EE folder and rename the original back again.

If a new game is fine and the issues are consistent in your existing saves, the problem is more likely something corrupt in the save itself.

Please email supportdos@larian.com, with a description of the problem (or link to your post) and the report.zip file (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) generated by the D:OS EE Analysis Tool (for Windows).
Extract the zip file somewhere and run AnalysisTool.exe. When that loads, browse to the install folder (if it is not automatically detected), optionally run the tests first, and then generate a report (it will be saved in the same location as the Analysis Tool).

The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To reduce the file size, you can delete most of the saves from the zip (double click the zip file to open it in Windows Explorer, then browse down to the savegames and savegames_patch folders); keep your latest save, and maybe the most recent working save and oldest that started having issues.

For OSX, saves can be zipped by right clicking the folder(s) and selecting Compress, in the folder:
~/Documents/Larian Studios/Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition/PlayerProfiles/<ProfileName>/Savegames_patch

Linux is similar, with the saves in the home directory.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hi there,
I made two chars a witch with cleric and witchcraf
and a wizard with atherouage, it worked just fine till i got to lvl 3 and then in combat or non-combat healing this wizard would be -ve healing just kills him literally, what to do? is this a bug or just incompatible?

A
stranger
stranger
A
It's the zombie talent, srry, boiz

Support
Support

For zombie characters, you can heal using poison spells / arrows, craft poison potions or food (which looses any other bonuses the original food may have had), use a bed / sleeping mat, or blood if they also have the Leech talent.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Raze

The patch for the PS4 specific issue is already out. There is no ETA on when another update may be released.

Hi Raze,

does that mean that another patch is in preparation for PC Systems?

Thank you!

You´re doing a good job hehe

Support
Support

Not currently, no.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hi. I have a problem with this game. When i try to launch it i got the following error: http://i.imgur.com/cuoZ2rc.png (The application failed to create rendering device).

The problem starts after i installed Windows 10 on my laptop. The game worked perfectly on Windows 7 before.
I've installed the latest NVIDIA drivers, DxDiag shows DirectX12, other games works fine with NVIDIA card too.

I tried to launch your tool and generate report, but it crashes every time (It creates tmp file like "DotNetZip-uoruzuec.tmp" with 15Kb size and then crashes)
I have a screenshot of the tests: http://i.imgur.com/vLoCAOD.png

I see there some problems with display, but i don't know what are they, maybe i should install smth to let this tool save the report file?

=========
Ok, some information from the files inside of the temp folder:
result.xml ->
<display>-Display: - Failed - No adapters found! No outputs found! No display modes found! </display>
DisplayAnalysis.txt ->
D3D11CreateDevice Failed!
Error: DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED
Description: Unsupported.

Support
Support

Make sure the game is set to run on the Geforce graphics, rather than integrated.
You can check that by right clicking an open area of the desktop to start the nvidia Control Panel, or the default GPU can be set globally in the Windows power saving options.

Check if there are any display drivers or inf files from Windows update or your laptop manufacturer's web site. Usually for laptops they just show up in Windows as a generic PNP display, though.

Try manually installing the support packages (from the folder ..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\_CommonRedist) and reboot.

Try a clean re-install of the nvidia graphics drivers. See here or here, for example.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I've made clean reinstall, even tried with manufacturer's drivers (they are older then default windows, but anyway), still no result frown
Tbh i'm not sure that the game use my nvidia card, even if it is set as preffered and even when i force-launch it with nvidia card... The nvidia gpu activity tray icon doesn't show any activity during the launch, but maybe it's because the game crashes too early.
This is strange, looks like windows 10 problem frown

A
stranger
stranger
A
Portal is not working to the last boss, even though it is active.
Here to save game portal. Can anyone go to him and be saved?
https://yadi.sk/d/vXT3mAmpudBZ6

Support
Support

Somehow the cutscene conversation between Zandalor and Icara didn't trigger properly going up the stairs. The easiest solution would be to reload a save before entering the homestead, follow Zixzax up the stairs again and most likely it would work properly.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
My achievements are not unlocking. I've advanced about 15-20 hours since my last one unlocked. I tried creating a new charecter and they won't unlock on that save either. Also, I think this issue may have started with the pirate pontius achievement. I couldn't kill him so I left and came back after leveling and when I killed him the Quest "Into the Dark" (or Darkness, cant remember) Is stuck on the part about seeing what is behind the door even thought I already killed him.

Support
Support

Is Steam still online?

Have you changed any settings if you are using a third party firewall, or has it updated recently (so may be partially blocking ports Steam is using)?

Try logging out of Steam, exit the client, reboot, start Steam again, log in, and see if that helps.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I don't know if many people had this problem but my game zoomed in at upper left corner of the game. http://imgur.com/a/bjEOV

M
stranger
stranger
M
I've spent my sunday trying to get divinity EE to work, no success so far... I've tried basically every tip I've found, reinstalled everything except windows (I'm seriously not gong to format my laptop to play a game).

Clean drivers, downloaded zipped Documents folder and replaced them, run as admin, deactivated every tweak option at NVIDIA Panel (like VSync, which caused one of the many issues for other players), reinstalled the game, verified the files (GOG version), unplugged my headset (which actually caused 2 games to crash due to driver conflict), and basically every other ctrl+c ctrl+v answers Raze used to solve other people's issues.

The issue I'm having:
The game crashes at startup.

Unusual things I've discovered so far:
Trying to run the game after it's installed leads to a black screen, no sound playing at the background, nothing, simply stops responding. However, downloading the Divinity EE folder that Raze linked somewhere the game worked for about 30 secs, which means I've got to watch the Larion Studios splash screen and even create a profile. Once I clicked to start a new game and read the "Explorer Mode" description, it stopped responding again. That "almost working" situation happened once, if I try it now it starts the splash screen animation and crashed in the middle of it. Note: the animation stops but the sounds keeps playing a little bit longer and then nothing happens, while the video is stuck at Larion's logo.

Ocasionally the game starts loading, and at the first loading bar it crashes.

Tech info:
Laptop, win7 x64 (with SP1), gtx 675MX, i7 3630QM, 8gb ram.

I reaaaaally hope I can get it to work, I was basically saving divinity for a moment I've got more time to play, and now that I've got that time the game just crashes...

Not sure if this helps at all, but using this same config and windows installation I've already played divinity original sin, not the enhanced edition tho.

Last edited by mohr023; 18/09/16 09:49 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
And I've just discovered something funny and ridiculous... If I start the game in window mode, 1280x720, and leave my mouse OUT of the game window, it starts, it loads, goes to the game screen normally, plays the little violin sound, it simply works. But, whenever my mouse cursos reaches the game window, it crashes. Yay

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
One difference between classic and enhanced edition is the DirectX version used, classic used DirectX 9 while EE uses DirectX 11.

I suppose you are using NVidia drivers so that should be okay.

Years ago when Windows 7 was released, I had many crashes in another game. The crashes stopped when I installed an additional sound card in my computer and turned off the onboard sound chip.
Since then I consider sound drivers some of the worst pieces of windows software, especially 64 bit drivers.

Maybe you can find a newer driver for your soundcard and that might fix your crashes. For some sound chips there are even freeware drivers, I myself am using one of those freeware drivers instead of the manufacturer ones.

I know that your problem seems to have nothing to do with sound drivers but neither did the crashes I had years ago with that other game. But it was the sound drivers in the end.

Just an idea though.

Support
Support

Do you have a gamepad you can try, to see if that avoids the crash?

Do you have any accessibility options enabled in the Windows mouse settings? I don't know of any issues where that could cause crashing, but the cursor does change crossing into the game window, and accessibility options (such as pointer trails) caused the game cursor to be invisible in fullscreen mode (though not windowed / fake fullscreen).

Someone else in the EE had a similar problem with the game crashing moving the cursor into the game window. Now, if I can remember enough unique key words to be able to find that...

A
stranger
stranger
A
Bug: Tom, The Wannabe Adventurer

Hi, my friend and i made the quest with tom. we found the corpse, loot the letter and read it. now after some hours when we came back to the city we werent able to finish the quest. we looked in our questlog and the quest is still in its initial state also the letter is no longer in our inventory.
is there a way to solve this problem? maybe a cheat for the letter and read it egain.

to load an older save is not an option. we will lose hours of playtime and cause he moved away and we have time difference of 8 hours we only can play on weekends...

Support
Support

Did you check the cave again, to see if Tom's body had the note? Maybe you reloaded around then a little further back that you thought?

Page 44 of 57 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard