Next Thread
Print Thread
W
wwk890 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
I cant see online games or use Direct connect. Global chat and LAN is fine though.

Last edited by wwk890; 19/09/16 03:15 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Has anyone figured out the fix for this as i have got this and can't figure out how to make it work, but there are people playing online it seems and none of them will answer with possible fixes. It would be great to find out if there is a way to solve this issue.

Support
Support

Is the Steam client online? If so, could it be partially blocked by a firewall?

Are you starting the game through Steam? As long as the client is running, though, the game should connect to make Steamworks functions available, even if you start it directly from the executable.

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game? Try exiting out of your firewall, if using a third party program.

You should be able to see online lobbies even if you have your own online game visibility set to Offline, so the in-game settings don't matter for that.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I've seen a bunch of posts regarding this issue, but no fixes so far. As far as I'm concerned, online Arena is non-functional at this time.

R
stranger
stranger
R
How do we use the Direct Connect? It's always grayed out. I really don't like steam so I try not to use it, and I'd really appreciate being able to play with friends without having it on like we could in DOS1.

Support
Support

Direct Connection has not been implemented yet. You could use LAN, combined with VPN software such as Hamachi or Tunngle.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard