Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
addict
OP Offline
addict
A
I was expecting to find them somewhere on the island, but no luck. Will we even have pyramids this time around? I sure would like them back.

journeyman
journeyman
Yeah, teleportation pyramids are great. More teleportation pyramids! With green and yellow ones too, this time!

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Yes, please, every time I have to run to the next teleporter I sorely miss the teleporter pyramids ;-)

Y
apprentice
apprentice
Y
Another one hoping to see the pyramids return.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Putting my vote in here. It's just a quality of life thing, being able to TP around quickly. Maybe not pyramids exactly, but some lore fitting doodad that does the same thing would be nice.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Although I used to love those little things, I think there's a reason they will always give you athose "gloves of teleportation" during an early fight.

The pyramids were involved with the hall of echoes and other void business. However, I think they're really suggesting we use teleportation to solve certain puzzles. (Cloak and dagger works well too)

veteran
veteran
I doubt so. The pyramids were deeply linked to the lore of DOS1 and the Shelter Plane at the End of Time.

But I personally think it's good that they're gone anyway. Pyramids (especially combined with teleport magic) made many puzzles way too easy and severly limited the general world and puzzle design.

Last edited by LordCrash; 19/09/16 11:38 PM.

WOOS
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by LordCrash
I doubt so. The pyramids were deeply linked to the lore of DOS1 and the Shelter Plane at the End of Time.

But I personally think it's good that they're gone anyway. Pyramids (especially combined with teleport magic) made many puzzles way too easy and severly limited the general world and puzzle design.

Teleporter pyramids were in the Divinity series for years before OS1 was even developed, so that's not a reasonable reason to exclude them.

And I wouldn't say they made the puzzles easy. Rather, the puzzles were designed with the pyramids as a solution and were simply not very difficult puzzles, period.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by mesmerizedish
And I wouldn't say they made the puzzles easy. Rather, the puzzles were designed with the pyramids as a solution and were simply not very difficult puzzles, period.

They limit the design of puzzles. Designers have more freedom without them.

Anyway, I think the game is better off without them.

WOOS
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
+1 here. The convenience of teleporting around is way too good. Although it can be exploited to some degree with puzzles and around some areas, maybe they should rework them into a spell you have to cast instead of an item, which could prevent some abuse and still keep the puzzles just the same.

old hand
old hand
Well DD also had them and since this game is a few years after DD you should be able to find them smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lewleit
Although it can be exploited to some degree with puzzles and around some areas

Not any more than phoenix dive / cloak and dagger / tactical retreat. You can pretty much jump almost over anything and everything with these 3.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L
+1 but for sure they're there

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
The TP gloves + the above mentioned movement abilities give me many tools to get around puzzles/obstacles in the non standard way. TP through doors you cant lockpick etc.. The entire maze on the right I do not know if I could legitimately finish it.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard