Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
stranger
stranger
S
I didn't know bless had this effect.. it would have certainly made my fight much easier.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I must admit I have no idea what leadership and bless actually do. My combat style has always lacked any sort of finesse and aptitude which is probably why I suck at it so much.

J'aime le fromage.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Yeah, Leadership is pretty much a godsend since you can usually find an item that boosts it by 1 so you should have an average of 4. That means your baseline initiative for 3 members of the party is near 15 and you get other bonuses along with it.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Will copy-paste my post from bugs section:

Fight does not requires ANY GEAR and any levels at all:

Shriekers + tp = insta win vs bishop(lvl 10 fight, i was lvl 5-6), (need tp skill<-( tp to shriekers area) or gloves of tp, + hail storm<- ranged aggro) - no damage done, by heroes[except tp damage])

http://imgur.com/a/Z5S8W

S
stranger
stranger
S
This fight seemed impossible without the perfect setup and I don't understand the purpose of the 2 npcs helping you, when they are only lv1 and almost do nothing at all.

In the end my mate and I cheesed this fight. We found a greatsword in the hidden pirate treasure which was irreparable and was way stronger than a normal greatsword, it had around 420-440 damage. So we fully buffed my Elf Paladin who then proceeded to 3 hit kill the Bishop/Worm with 600+ damage hits and 1 hit kill everything else.

But after that fight it got really messy and buggy. After all enemies were killed, Gareth rejoined our party, but was hostile towards 3/4 of our party members (everyone but my Elf Paladin), so I had to kill my own party members to end that fight. After that the story continued as normal.

D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by vometia
I must admit I have no idea what leadership and bless actually do. My combat style has always lacked any sort of finesse and aptitude which is probably why I suck at it so much.

Leadership buffs everyone that sees the leader.
Buffs include: +crit chance +hit chance +initiative +resistances etc.
The leader wont get these buffs -> I take leadership on my tank/heal guy.
Bless is the opposite to curse.
You can cast it on someone to bless him and grant him buffs including resistances dodge hit chance etc.
Also if someone who is blessed touches ANY surface it will become blessed ( or uncursed if it was cursed ).
If someone who is cursed touches any surface it becomes cursed.
Some examples.
A fire surface does damage and applies burning ( fire damage every round until extinguished )
Cursed fire ( green ) does way more damage and applies necrofire ( LOTS of damage and -40(?)% fire resitance -> around 100 dmg/round ) and CANT be extinguished.
Blessed fire ( blue ) heals you and applies holy fire ( +150% fire resistance -> fire heals you and you cant be frozen anymore )
Also if one of your guys is burning you can bless him and the burning will transform into holy fire too or curse a burning enemy to transform it into necrofire.

One fun combo is casting rain under lots of enemies -> water surface. Freeze it with Winters call ( dunno the name ) and curse someone on it -> The ice gets transformed into cursed ice ( Applies chilled and frozen while standing on it xD )

Or maybe you saw a fire surface somewhere in the world -> bless someone and you can heal yourself in it.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Sakrasta
This fight seemed impossible without the perfect setup and I don't understand the purpose of the 2 npcs helping you, when they are only lv1 and almost do nothing at all.

If you have at least 1 healer and use all your resources (bombs, arrows, anything) to CC Alexandar for the beginning fight, that part is a joke. After you break his armors you can perma cc him and just wail on the rest of his friends until you win. Once the worm fight starts, you have to just be careful and not group up, then at most the worm will hit 1 party member. Use potions to stay alive if needed and just hit the worm. It is only 1 thing, if you're apart it can't hit more than one person at a time. It will eventually go down.

That said, Leadership helps a ton with the initiative issues. I put a lot of points on Ifan into wits to discover secret stuff and for some early cc (sleep grenade is fantastic at breaking a lot of magic armor). So he went first. I used him with adrenaline and grenades to sleep Alexandar and after that the fight was cake. Being able to keep the ring that teaches you restoration helps a lot.

N
stranger
stranger
N
Did it relatively easy with my level 7 party. The bishop was strong but i stunned/iced him. My fighter died too many times so left him dead. My ranger and mage were able to kill them all. my mage tanked then the worm while the ranger just broke it easy.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Whaaaa... 440 damage sword? Could you upload a pic of that?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Darkraign
Leadership buffs everyone that sees the leader.
Buffs include: +crit chance +hit chance +initiative +resistances etc.
The leader wont get these buffs -> I take leadership on my tank/heal guy.
Bless is the opposite to curse.
You can cast it on someone to bless him and grant him buffs including resistances dodge hit chance etc.
Also if someone who is blessed touches ANY surface it will become blessed ( or uncursed if it was cursed ).
If someone who is cursed touches any surface it becomes cursed.
Some examples.
A fire surface does damage and applies burning ( fire damage every round until extinguished )
Cursed fire ( green ) does way more damage and applies necrofire ( LOTS of damage and -40(?)% fire resitance -> around 100 dmg/round ) and CANT be extinguished.
Blessed fire ( blue ) heals you and applies holy fire ( +150% fire resistance -> fire heals you and you cant be frozen anymore )
Also if one of your guys is burning you can bless him and the burning will transform into holy fire too or curse a burning enemy to transform it into necrofire.

One fun combo is casting rain under lots of enemies -> water surface. Freeze it with Winters call ( dunno the name ) and curse someone on it -> The ice gets transformed into cursed ice ( Applies chilled and frozen while standing on it xD )

Or maybe you saw a fire surface somewhere in the world -> bless someone and you can heal yourself in it.

Thanks for the info! smile I'd somehow managed to completely fail to pick up on any of this stuff. I guess I could've experimented with bless, though leadership's benefits seem harder to ascertain. I'll give them a go on my next play-through.

J'aime le fromage.
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
After going through a second play through (again with pre generated characters aside from my main) I don't really think the final boss fight is overtuned at all. In a matter of fact, I would say it's tuned pretty close if not a bit under strengthed.

I feel that way because if you have a backstabber the entire fight is trivial; you can one shot him with your rogue on the first pass -> adrenaline, rage, elven active, vault, drink a potion of invis or stealth, then fatal blow (or whatever that move is called). Alternatively, you can have your 2H knight do the exact same combo and then do crippling strike/overpower and you'll come pretty close to killing him if not gibbing him outright. Also, Alexander has pretty bad magic defense so you can chew through that and CC him.

Beyond that all you need to do is take out the caster which you can dedicate 2 or 3 party members for and from there on out the worm will take care of one or distract someone and then your casters will have free reign for a turn or two -- unload your AoEs (chainlighting, spores, all the fire spells) preferrably from high ground - teleport your own casters there if you have to (which is what I did since it's 1AP). To deal with the Giest just drop hailstorm for 1AP and he's more or less CC'd.

All four times I've fought the encounter the worm has tied up 1+ npcs and even when it was just one I still managed to wipe the battlefield; my party composition was the following: Red 2H Knight, Murderous Elf Lady as a rogue, Loshe as a standard caster with most points going into Aero, and my main which was a caster with almost all points into fire. I had at least two characters with leadership 4 at all times. And everyone in my party had 110+ magic armor to counter blinding radiance. Beyond that, I would say if you're running for a long term fight you're probably better off using Bless to mitigate the shitstorm of necrofire.

M
stranger
stranger
M
This one is probably right on the borderline of being too difficult, & might feel a little better if a) a few unfinished/buggy quests (& areas like the Gargoyle Maze w/ the Historian) were finished, w/ a couple more encounters or opportunities for gear/XP, b) if Garreth, the Seekers & the Dragon reliably joined the fight (Garreth bugged out & never left camp, the dragon flew over as I approached & chilled my squad then disappeared, & a few of the Seekers only joined the final stage of the fight against the worm, only to die instantly, b/c he happened to pop up in sight range of them.) The Seekers could stand to be beefed up considerably, I could have beaten them all by myself pretty easily at level 2 or 3, especially Gratiana, a thousand year old badass w/ 86 hp, c) if the loot system were a little more ironed it; I had to do another full sweep of every nook & cranny on the entire island for gear to sell, then visit all vendors again to reliably find decent upgrades to go into the last fight.

It ended up being a pretty fun fight when I forced them to come to me by luring them w/ my tank (Red Prince w/ obscene Physical Armor, who used Overpower on the Bishop instantly dropping his armor), and when the worm showed up the only available targets were the magisters, which it chewed through like paper, then I managed to position the gheist against the worm & rained AoE on them while CCing the Bishop at the doorway & whittling him down. The worst part of the first part was that the rogue got behind my mage & archer, but the worm triggered pretty early, took out their knight and mage, and forced their archer to retreat. I only survived the worm (w/ several casualties & resurrections) b/c a few Seekers made themselves fodder for his OHK attack while my main was levitating over AOE pools & doing 100+ damage per hit w/ a spear.

This fight really is supposed to be the VERY LAST thing you do, meaning you should have already wrung every last drop of XP out of the island, grabbed all the best unique items & spent most of your coin on upgrades.

Last edited by mediumvillain; 19/09/16 04:52 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
So I did this fight on my first try and I think the MVPs are mages. Netherswap, Teleport, Hail Storm, and Winter Blast are particularly strong. A mage that has dumped points into Aerothurge will one-shot most magic armor with a well-placed Hail Storm. At the start of the fight I TPed Alexander next to the gheist, netherswapped my archer with the archer near the gheist, tped that enemy archer near Alexander then froze them all. The fight is more manageable then so the team focuses on the remaining rogue and warrior. The mage w/ meteor rain took a turn to run the fight. Over the next few turns, I just killed the unfrozen people while keeping Alexander CC'ed. I tactical retreated my archer over near the mage and got dmg off before getting one-shot by the meteor storm spell. But after it's on cooldown, the mage isn't too big a threat. The rest of the fight including the arrival of the worm is just keeping people healthy. Repositioning skills are a great tool for efficiently dispatching enemies with AoE.

O
stranger
stranger
O
I completed this fight the normal way (walking in his range and talking) and I have no tank, just squishies.

P
stranger
stranger
P
I won that fight in classic by:
1. blessing all fire surfaces
2. teleporting my archer to the top left tower, while teleporting their archer down to a pit of fire.
3. cheesing the front door
4. Wearing down their magic shields asap, which are MUCH lower than their armor. Once magic was down for everyone, it was just poison, stun, freeze, repeat. gg ez

I only had 3 characters too. Red Prince (necromancer), Ifan (scoundrel), and Elf Girl (huntsman). Idk why I didn't pick up Lohse T_T.... I'll find her next playthrough.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I can do most of the fight though I'm a bit low on Resurrection scrolls. The worm however can just one-shot my party and if I don't constantly CC Alexander, he will also one shot my party. A lot of my success in the fight has come down to confusing the AI and using those oil barrels. Again, none of this is any good though since once Alexander is down, the worm proceeds to kill multiple party members with one spell.

My main issue with right now with this fight is that I can't find any other way to level up. The entire island's map is uncovered and almost all of my quests are resolved (can't figure out the maze so I teleport cheesed it and it seems a few quests were bugged and just can't resolve). I know I'm missing something but I have to ask how are people even getting to level 8?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Did this fight on a solo run, Knight with some Necromancy. I had tons of initiative so I always move first. Drew aggro from Alexandar and his goons, killed the gheist and the rogue and then teleported Alexandar back into the middle of the keep when the worm spawned and stayed far away enough so that they whittled eachother down and the worm killed the mage, then I phoenix-dove into the fray again and started hacking at the worm with all I had. It was still a close call, as I forgot to bless myself and the worms attack whittles down magic armor, not physical armor, which I had very little of. If I hadn't had a few health potions I don't think I would've made it.

Y
journeyman
journeyman
Y
It's incredibly easy to exploit enemy AI right now. I really hope to see some improvements. That are about a dozen ways you could cheese any particular fight.

I also think that 100% success rate of conditions after armor is gone needs to be revisited. It makes CC immensely powerful (more than it already was in os1) to the point of completely trivializing every encounter.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Me(a priest) and 3 of my friends(mage/warrior/enchanter) did this fight by me and my brother(priest/mage) walking behind the boss(on the higher part), then my 2 other friends (warrior/enchanter) standing next to the boss but far enough away to not get hit by AoE
Teleported 1 guy so 2 are standing next to the boss
Freeze all 3 of them with the hail strike and other AoE freeze skill
And i blessed our warrior

My brother teleported the archer next to us into the group of 3
Threw poison and fire on it

The warrior ran in and crippled all of them, knocked 3 of them down while killing one

The enchanter gave some buffs and killed one
And then we just slowly killed them while keeping them cc'ed without losing any hp really.

The worm fight was basically just everyone keeping the warrior alive while he hits it for 200 per hit a couple times per turn while hasted/healing per turn/blessed/enraged/fortified
The worm is the only one which (with his movement+knockdown skill) got one of us to nearly die

Last edited by MaxedEntropy; 22/09/16 08:04 PM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
I'll share my experience, since it seems somewhat different than most here.

Attempt 1 : Start the fight - round one aggro and kill magister swordsman. Round 2, Alexander moves into the middle of my party and one shots two of them with his melee attack. I give up

Attempt 2 : Start the fight - round one aggro and kill magister swordsman, then move back a bit. Round 2, Alexander, gheist, and a magister don't quite reach me. Use teleport to group them up, then you AOE magic to strip their armor. Spend the next 5 turns with them perma stunned / frozen / petrified / etc, while I kill them all. Combat ends without the other two magisters being involved.

Save at this point. Thinking I have the battle won, I advance into the courtyard. The battle starts, and the mage one shots my entire party.

Reload. Teleport up to the ledge behind the mage, battle starts with only half my team up there. His meteors somehow mostly miss, so I bless the fire and quickly kill him. At this point, a giant worm shows up out of nowhere, CCs the one party member (rogue)still on low ground. The lone remaining magister enters the battle, alternating between killing my poor permastunned rogue and the worm. The rest of my party heals up and blasts the worm. Its CC immune, but its damage is lackluster. It teleports up and down a few times (long after the rogue is dead), but only manages to petrify once. After a few rounds it goes down easily. I revive the rogue and finish the last magister.

Thoughts - This battle really shows the weaknesses of the no armor = 100% cc system we have now. Alexander goes from being able to solo 3/4 party in one turn to absolutely useless after removing his 150 magic armor with 2 spells. This trivializes almost the entire fight. In fact, in order to make the other large enemy (the worm) scary, its made immune to all cc. I really don't like either option very much - in one, your just slapping on a bunch of arbitrary rules, different from the rest of combat you encounter, to make cc not work so the battle is actually hard. On the other hand, cc is ridiculously effective in the standard system, so I can see the appeal...

Also, the magister mage being able to one shot my entire team (making it more dangerous than Alexander OR the worm) feels wrong. If an enemy has an ability that strong, I think we should be warned somehow...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard