Next Thread
Print Thread
#588361 21/09/16 11:24 PM
Zahhibb Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey guys,

So it seems i've misplaced/sold the purging wand from the Braccus Rex dungeon. I went there before I got the "quest" to actually go and get it so I didn't think about what I looted there in the treasure room at the end, but i'm quite sure it was named 'Purging wand'.

My question is; Is there any way to locate lost items or is there more than 1 purging wands I can go find? I've gone to all the vendors I usually visit but they have nothing with the name "Purging wand"... if now that what it is called?

Zahhibb #588373 21/09/16 11:58 PM
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
There's at least another working purging wand. Without going too much into it, there's a quest involving a dragon near the south east side of the map. Do it and you shall be rewarded.

If all things fail you can kind of teleport your characters over to safely trigger the dialogue with Bishop Alexander without getting rid of the shriekers first. I don't recommend it because you might screw up the quest trigger to actually finish the act. Plus, the fight is hard enough as it is. Cutting off your retreat route isn't the smartest thing to do.

Zahhibb #588555 22/09/16 12:54 PM
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
It may or may not help your predicament, but I discovered that if you sell a load of kit to someone and then kill them... You can can loot all the stuff you sold! grin
#Mugging4TheWin

Where's my badge, Jimmy?
Where's my badge...?
Zahhibb #588611 22/09/16 05:36 PM
Zahhibb Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
@M3SS3NG3R Yeah i've done the dragon quest already, but the wand disapears after the quest so that one is lost already. I will try the teleport thing though, so thanks.

@Scorpyon Haha yeah that sounds like a "plan" I guess, but doesn't the vendors already keep the items you sold to them?

Thanks for answering guys, i'll search some more and i'll try M3SS3NG3R's idea to engage Alexander without taking out the Shriekers. Otherwise i'll just create a new char, the game is entertaining anyway. :)

Zahhibb #588617 22/09/16 06:02 PM
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
BTW, Helm of Braccus gives you a very short ranged source vampirism. It normally won't work because you'd be fried long before you are in range to blow up the shriekers. However, combining it with teleporting your character behind the shriekers first it just might work out.

M3SS3NG3R #588677 22/09/16 10:09 PM
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
I have killed the shriker with the source Vampirism before, but you have to be really quick

Zahhibb #588826 23/09/16 02:02 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Brawl
As I approached, the shadow of a Dragon flying above me, blocked the sunlight. While he was flying over me, he disabled all the Shriekers with a single spell... They fell to the ground, disabled.

Long story short: if you cock-up, do the dragon's quest and you'll be fine.

Good tip. That one actually caught me completely by surprise: I'd just helped the dragon and was on my way to deal with the shriekers and had a moment of "I've no idea what just happened". Very handy, though.

J'aime le fromage.
Zahhibb #588828 23/09/16 02:05 PM
B
stranger
stranger
B
Hey, I had the same issue (sold the purging wand to God knows who) so I decided to wing it...
I came in possession of a purging wand by doing the Dragon quest, but gave it to him.
"What a fool" I thought as soon as I realised my error so I continued searching.
I searched for hours for another purging wand (there is none), so I decided to go to the entrance of the Harbor

As I approached, the shadow of a Dragon flying above me, blocked the sunlight. While he was flying over me, he disabled all the Shriekers with a single spell... They fell to the ground, disabled.

Long story short: if you cock-up, do the dragon's quest and you'll be fine.

Brawl #588858 23/09/16 04:21 PM
Zahhibb Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Ah that's awesome. I first thought Larian had missed something and caused some kind-of-impossible quest.

Guess I shouldn't have doubted them since they said there would be several/ more ways than previous to complete quests and such.

Last edited by Zahhibb; 23/09/16 04:22 PM.
Zahhibb #607455 13/08/17 10:34 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M
Is there some kind of bug, I equipped the purging wand, and before I could kill any of them, the White Dragon who I had befriended, killed all 6 of them, froze us, that eventually went away, but I still have a fully charged wand, but nothing to use it's charges on to give me source points, or does that work on anyone you kill with it?

Moredhil #607456 13/08/17 10:46 PM
Support
Support

No, that isn't a bug. Check the description of Source Vampirism; there are other uses for it than killing the shriekers.
There are bodies around the rally point (north of where Slane was imprisoned), for example, and a couple more at the south entrance to that area, who were hanging on crosses, if you killed them.

Raze #609065 05/09/17 04:34 AM
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Originally Posted by Raze

There are bodies around the rally point (north of where Slane was imprisoned), for example, and a couple more at the south entrance to that area, who were hanging on crosses, if you killed them.
That's incredibly evil though. They have hinted that getting Source that way will have negative consequences.

Zahhibb #609087 05/09/17 07:32 AM
A
A
In the full game you will also be able to use the purging wands to steal source from spirits using spirit vision near any dead bodies with source.

Zahhibb #609162 05/09/17 11:31 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
That is why roleplaying an undead "Lone Wolf" Death Knight that feed on the source of anything will be the awesomest! Muahahahahaha, AM I EVIL? Yes, ... I AM !

Adrianna #609191 06/09/17 08:37 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Adrianna
In the full game you will also be able to use the purging wands to steal source from spirits using spirit vision near any dead bodies with source.

In what way is that different from taking the source from the corpse which you can do with the purging wand in the EA? Is it a "good morale" way to get source?

Spirit Vision, is it a skill? What school is it?

@ Deadknight: you might be awesome, evil and mighty, but as undead you also look ugly. Is that worth it? No. Halfnaked elves for the win. groovy

Last edited by geala; 06/09/17 08:42 AM.
geala #609201 06/09/17 10:56 AM
A
A
Originally Posted by geala
Originally Posted by Adrianna

In what way is that different from taking the source from the corpse which you can do with the purging wand in the EA? Is it a "good morale" way to get source?

Spirit Vision, is it a skill? What school is it?

@ Deadknight: you might be awesome, evil and mighty, but as undead you also look ugly. Is that worth it? No. Halfnaked elves for the win. groovy

spirit vision REPLACED stealing it from a corpse.. its a source skill you learn in act 2 that doesnt cost source points and summons the spirits of any dead person around you.. you can then use the wand on the spirit to steal their soul as source (this is obviously an evil action)

Zahhibb #609299 07/09/17 11:03 AM
old hand
old hand
Oh my. I never used a source skill yet, took source points from the jars in the cave and once stole a source point with regret from a corpse after the Alexandar fight to replace one I used in the Maze.

I think I have to keep the habit not to use source skills because it's evil. Too bad that might be impossible in the later game.

geala #609348 07/09/17 06:05 PM
A
A
Originally Posted by geala
Oh my. I never used a source skill yet, took source points from the jars in the cave and once stole a source point with regret from a corpse after the Alexandar fight to replace one I used in the Maze.

I think I have to keep the habit not to use source skills because it's evil. Too bad that might be impossible in the later game.

source itself isnt evil.. stealing souls from people to use as source is... there are still source puddles lying around in places.. picking those up isnt evil and is in fact necessary to use the bless spell now for quests that require you to bless things.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard