Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Dfox Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Playing Co-Op with someone else on my LAN, we weren't able to get far before the game became nearly completely unsynced. Actions that I took would take seconds or more to be reflected on the other PC. Additionally, dialog boxes and loot boxes would take seconds to open up and seconds to proceed from one option to the next.

Initially, all was fine, but by the time we got to encounter the Elf Elodi, the entire experience was ruined by the desync.

Saving and restarting the game did not seem to help. Additionally, when continuing a game, there doesn't seem to be a way to designate it as multiplayer, so the "game owner" used the Steam invite method to invite me. Maybe this is related.

Also, playing the same game from the same save in singleplayer didn't demonstrate any such issues.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited by Dfox; 22/09/16 08:58 PM.
Support
Support

I have not seen this reported before.

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game? Firewalls can also cause conflicts (generally on startup or loading screens, though), and network monitoring/mapping software can also cause connection issues.

Try exiting out of the Steam client, and starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\bin\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator.

Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.

For joining an existing game, did the host go into the Gameplay section of the options, and enable LAN visibility? If so, you should be able to select Campaign, Join Online Game, then if required switch to LAN at the top, rather than Online.

D
Dfox Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Raze

I have not seen this reported before.
Firewalls can also cause conflicts

For joining an existing game, did the host go into the Gameplay section of the options, and enable LAN visibility? If so, you should be able to select Campaign, Join Online Game, then if required switch to LAN at the top, rather than Online.

OK, either the Firewalls of the Gameplay options corrected the issue.

I'll turn the firewalls back on and report back. I'm going to guess, though, that it was the options that made the difference.

It is working now.

Thanks much.

D
Dfox Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
So, that was a little premature. It seemed to work, but the issue remains.

Edit: So after a little more troubleshooting, it seems that whenever the host alt-tabs out of the game, the game will run at normal speed. When the host alt-tabs back into the game, the seconds long delays begin.

I'll do some more rigorous testing later.

Last edited by Dfox; 23/09/16 06:36 AM.
Support
Support

Have the host try switching to windowed or fake fullscreen mode.
You can both try lowering the game resolution and/or graphics settings, and see if that makes a difference.

D
Dfox Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Raze

Have the host try switching to windowed or fake fullscreen mode.
You can both try lowering the game resolution and/or graphics settings, and see if that makes a difference.

Running in Windowed mode on the host has corrected the issue. Any idea how to make this work without being in windowed mode, or what may be wrong? The host comp seems plenty capable - Windows 7 Pro SP1 64 bit, 8 GB RAM, i5-4690k, NVidia 970.

Is any of that under spec?

Support
Support

The host's specs are fine. If it was directly related to the specs it should affect single player, as well.

It appears to be something GPU / DirectX related...

Does Fake Fullscreen also help, or just Windowed?

The host can try resetting their graphics driver's 3D settings to default (right click an open area of the desktop to start the nvidia Control Panel).

A clean re-install of the graphics drivers could potentially help (see here or here, for example).

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard