#567955 26/08/15 09:12 PM
12345 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Is there any game like divinity ii?

Support
Support

In what way? Single character, third person perspective RPG, or turning into a dragon (wyvern)?

12345 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

In what way? Single character, third person perspective RPG, or turning into a dragon (wyvern)?

tbh i liked everything about Divinity II
Detailed armors (paladin armor, scorpion armor...). Ability to turn into a dragon, single character, and third person view
Simply i want it to be like divinity ii as much as possible.

old hand
old hand
Hmmm? Well I can suggest a few RPG's you might like with extensive customization and third-person action combat.

Dragon's Dogma:

Features dragons and the combat is one of the best in an action-RPG IMO. Asides from some really fun class abilities there are many interactions you can perform with enemies (or NPC's) you can pick characters up, hold them while one of your companions strikes them and you climb up big enemies to attack them. The customization of your character is quite deep.

At the beginning you get to customize their face but can go even more advanced with body customization making your character slim, tall, musclely, fat, small or even a child or old person with a bent back if you want. There is a layer system in the armor which means you can wear different clothing or protective padding under armor and there are hundreds of different armor sets and thousands of armor combinations for you to experiment with. Well worth playing.

The game can be party-based (you initially get to design your own companion) but you can play it solo and in fact there are even skills (particularly as the assassin class) which only work when you are fighting solo. You can't turn into a dragon though.

Dark Souls series:

You probably already know about this one. It's challenging, has a brilliantly designed non-linear dark fantasy world, slow combat and tons of customization. One of the covenants in both games allows the player to devote themselves to the way of the dragon and eventually become a dragon disciple that can breath fire. Can't fly though.

Neverwinter Nights series:

I've never played the class myself but there's a Red dragon disciple class in both games that transforms your character into a half dragon with wings and the ability to breath fire. You can't fly though.

Other than these games there is the drakengard series that are somewhat action-RPG's. You don't turn into a dragon in these games but you do get to ride on one. I've never played them myself though. There's also the new Scalebound game coming out on Xbox One which features customization (although of a set character and the dragon) and apparently later allows you to ride the dragon.

At the moment I think Divinity 2 is still one of a kind in allowing you to transform into a dragon but I still recommend the games above especially Dragon's Dogma if you're interested in a good action-RPG to keep you occupied until Divinity Original Sin 2 which features a playable lizard race which are the descendants of dragons (better than nothing right? lol).

Last edited by Demonic; 03/09/15 12:27 AM.
12345 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Dragon's Dogma looks cool, but i don't have a PS3 nor Xbox 360. I already played Dark Soul I and II, and i must say they were amazing (although i didn't like Dark Souls II, as much as i liked the first game). I'll probably try Neverwinter Nights to keep my self occupied as you said, until they release DO:S 2 (Playing as a descendant of dragon sounds weird a bit, but still better than nothing *g*.)
P.S: Larian studios should have released Divine Divinity III instead of DO:S, i've been waiting for it since ages.
P.S2: Aight i'm playing neverwinter nights 2, and it is a good game, although that camera is giving me a headache.

Last edited by 12345; 06/09/15 03:16 PM.
12345 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
It would be nice if you suggest another game.

enthusiast
enthusiast
There's skyrim I suppose - it has dragons in it which are rideable with a mod (although it is pretty rubbish) and has a playable lizard race; the Argonians. It has three storylines you can follow and it's open ended.

The Witcher series of games are good if you want a story based game which I would definitely recommend - the third game needs a hefty PC to run it though.

Divinity 2 is a unique game which there isn't anything very similar to it. If it's dragons you are after the best dragon game is Drakan which the first game is available on the PC and the second the PS2. Both are very old games now and it may be difficult to find a copy but if you do they are worth playing.

By fire and by blood I join with thee in the Order of the Flame!

Arokh's Lair - Drakan & Severance: Blade of Darkness forums - https://www.arokhslair.net

12345 Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I already played these games you stated (except Drakan which seems too old, but i'll give it a try) and it isn't dragons i'm after, i'm just looking for a good game like Divinity (no strategic camera please)

stranger
stranger
Sadly (or thankfuly), Divinity II is a game with unique game elements if you compare it to other games, but if you have at least similar taste in games as me, than you'd also find Risen, Two Worlds 2 and Gothic 4 - Arcania as enjoyable as Divinity II. These are all quite similar RPGs, came out around the same time and for me personally my most favorite games I enjoyed playing more than once.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Drakensang 2 : The River Of Time

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'll also agree that Div.2 is a rather unique game and stands rather alone; probably the most similar to it in terms of overall "feel" is Oblivion, since they use basically the same engine. Although Oblivion gets a lot of flak, once it's had a few mods thrown at it, it can be transformed into an actually very good game.

In terms of humour, perhaps trickier. Though the gameplay is different, I'd probably suggest Dragon Age Inquisition, which is frequently really quite absurd, whether the random dialogue or some of the curious things that are waiting to be found (I have a soft spot for any game that has a random cheese obsession). And The Witcher 3, though it seems you've already played that.

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hmm, the closest I can think of is Two Worlds II. It hast the same perspective, you can do a lot stuff and it is funny ... because the story is a bit trashy, although at it's core not bad. Just try it, it is actually quite good and if you have friends, you can play with them in a MP-Campaign.

Last edited by Zelon; 18/02/16 02:51 PM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Divinity III would be the next gene not original sin 3 and I think in the third game the graphics would be amazing no dout and maybe more options for character customazation cause in divinity 2 it was very limited included not allowed to change hair color.

Support
Support

You can change hair colour in Divinity 2; there are various shades and styles of blonde, brown, black and red hair.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
One thing I did find striking on a recent albeit brief replay is the sheer variety of armours: that's one thing they didn't skimp on. Didn't stop me altering them in Blender but that was more a case of "I wonder if I can do it?" rather than any reasonable need.

At risk of rehashing the "isometric" topic, I wonder if the Original Sin engine could be used for a third-person game: I'm inclined to think it (or a slightly modified variant) would be up to the job and it'd be a nice way of keeping it in-house.

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support

I don't think there are any technical issues preventing the Divinity Engine from using a third person perspective. IIRC the main reason stated for not allowing changing the perspective in D:OS 2 was that it would affect level design and double the amount of work with lighting and decoration.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
Yeah, I remember that being cited as the reason for its absence in DOS2; but I guess for future games, they could start off from a different perspective... thinking more in terms of the potential of a possible Divinity 3, of course (or should that be Ego Draconis II or DKS2? It needs more than one name to properly confuse everybody! laugh )

J'aime le fromage.
Support
Support

Divinity 3: No, The Other One, With The Dragon Knight

Divinity: Dragon Knight Rebirth (or Restoration, etc)

Divinity: Dragon Knight Quest

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm particularly enjoying the first one! biggrin I would love that to be its official title. Though all three should be its official title at random points after its release.

J'aime le fromage.
A
veteran
veteran
A
Sounds to me like a JRPG title. :p
I often find that JRPG titles have very weird ... forms.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard