Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nedda R Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
anyone has saved the historian from the necrofire?

I try to get the bloodrain skill and use on him, then bless him.. but it doesn't work..

Not sure why?

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I think the trick is that you need to put the Historian in a pool of blessed blood, however you want to accomplish that. Blood rain is not required but it is the easiest (for example, I didn't have blood rain, so I used teleport on a character without physical armor so they hit the ground creating a poll of blood and then blessed that).

It sounds like you cast blood rain, then cast bless on the historian. This might not have blessed the blood. Try casting blood rain, then bless the blood on the ground to create blessed blood. If that doesn't trigger the cure on the historian, then teleport the historian into the middle of the pool of blessed blood.

stranger
stranger
Just tried to do this, so I failed to hit char w/o arm to get blood and bless it, but there is another way that works.
You can take elf, use Flash Sacrifice then bless her and then Netherswap with Historian
Worked out for me

Nedda R Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I've tried that but it doesn't work..
I use telekinesis and transport him to the blood surface on the beach... and then not only bless him or bless the surface doesn't work...

Nedda R Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
sorry... how do the elf get flash Sacrifice skill? I suppose she is an archer...

And I dont' have Netherswap skill too... I will try to find one...

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nedda R
sorry... how do the elf get flash Sacrifice skill? I suppose she is an archer...

And I dont' have Netherswap skill too... I will try to find one...

Elves get Flesh Sacrifice by default. It's their racial ability. You can't have an Elf that doesn't have that ability.

Netherswap is an Air spell, so you'll need to find someone that sells air books, and you'll need one point in Aerotheurge.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Cast Blood Rain on him, then cast Bless on the pool of blood, not him directly. Just target the blood itself.

Nedda R Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I tried. Cast rain of blood and then bless the surface of blood. It turns to flower waves... but the necrofire still exist...

Nedda R Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thanks, I will try this way.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Nedda R
I tried. Cast rain of blood and then bless the surface of blood. It turns to flower waves... but the necrofire still exist...

It's probably bugged then, because that worked for me.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Sorry if I wasn't clear before. But I think you have to move the historian onto blessed blood. It sounds like there is an order of operations issue. Did you do it in this order: (1) create blood surface (2) bless blood surface (3) move historian onto blessed blood. If you take these out of order, for example by having the historian in the blood before it is blessed, it doesn't trigger properly. This is because most surfaces a triggered by moving onto/in them by walking or teleporting. Similarly, if you bless the historian and not the blood it won't work. If you did it in the order I described and it's still not working, then it is definitely a bug.

Nedda R Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
oh, I see... I cast blood rain first and the historian was already in the blood surface, then bless the surface, so.. I should change to , bless the surface first, then move the historian in. I will try it tonight! Thank you!!

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard