Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 57 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 56 57
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Raze

Did you check the cave again, to see if Tom's body had the note? Maybe you reloaded around then a little further back that you thought?

We both went back and checked the corpse. Nothing. We also load some older saves, no progress in the questlog and also no letter. Its confusing...

A
stranger
stranger
A
Now i like to add, that i checked every NPC we met, if we accidently sold the letter and like i thought theres nothing.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
I'm not sure if the letter can be sold, but ...

Do you remember if you ever created an empty spell scroll ?

It is possible to destroy important quest scrolls this way, because for the crafting system, they are just a normal piece of paper.

Support
Support

Specifically, using the recipes section for crafting scrolls doesn't prioritize blank parchment, etc, and can include some quest related letters/scrolls.

Some people have also 'lost' scrolls by sending them to the homestead, or dropping them on the ground while sorting their inventory.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Hi,

I originally started playing the game right when the Enhanced Edition was released, but then spent quite some time away. I returned recently to finish up before Original Sin 2 was released, but I keep getting this same error every time I try to load the game: Loading mod "Main" failed. Legacy Mods are not supported. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game, verified my cache, etc. I don't have any ideas on what else to do here. I can't start a new game, much less pick up where I left off. Any advice for me?

Thanks,
Ross

Support
Support

After uninstalling the game, did you make sure the install folder was either removed or deleted?
If not, check the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Data\Public' folder anything mod related (or similarly with the GOG install path).

Did you check for (and delete or move) any files in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Mods' folder?

R
stranger
stranger
R
I just deleted the entire install directory and deleted the mod folder in my documents section. Hopefully that resolves it. I assumed when I uninstalled the game the local files were deleted, but I guess not.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Support
Support

Extra files (not part of the original install) can be skipped by uninstall processes, and it is possible there could be errors trying to remove files (corrupt, etc).

R
stranger
stranger
R
That did it. Thank you!

S
stranger
stranger
S
Yes hello I am new and finally decided to post my bug on the forum besides just sending my error reports through Playstation. I bought the enhanced edition and after I put some hours into the game I installed the latest patch and then the game crashes when I trade with any NPC. Every. Single. Time. and it is really frustrating. Any help is appreciated thanks

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hi I'm new here but have been having some issues with the Ps4 version of divinity original sin enhanced edition. I bought the game awhile back and had no issues with it, than took a break and when I came back I installed patch 1.06 and now I can't open my inventory or trade menus without the game crashing. I've tried Uninstaller and reinstalling the game but that has had no effect. Please help. I love this game and just want to be able to finish it be before 2 comes out

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by FrauBlake

It is possible to destroy important quest scrolls this way, because for the crafting system, they are just a normal piece of paper.

I'am playing mage and i created some scrolls....
Is there a way to solve this problem?

Last edited by Arumakan; 25/09/16 08:54 PM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Hello,

I've been playing through this game, and just got to Silverglen. However, in that town, something is wrong with Arhu - he's in his cat form walking around saying to talk to him, but I can't interact with him.

I'm guessing this isn't gamebreaking, but I have very limited playtime, and I'd really hate to miss out on normal quests my first time playing. Is there any way to fix this?

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by Arumakan
Originally Posted by FrauBlake

I'am playing mage and i created some scrolls....
Is there a way to solve this problem?

Not really, the only thing you can do is to be careful and craft empty scrolls only from the experiment page of the crafting window where you have complete control over the ingredient input. Crafting from the recipes page is dangerous in this case because the crafting engine cannot distinguish between a normal sheet of paper and a quest relevant sheet of paper. For the crafting engine, both are the same.

Unfortunately, there is no way to get the letter back if it was destroyed this way. Loading a save before that point would help of course but if it was really destroyed through crafting, one cannot expect you to remember when the scroll was crafted.

I'm not sure how big of a problem this is considered at Larian and I have some doubts that there will ever be another patch which could fix this. (Currently they are way too busy with D:OS2 and there have been rumors a long time ago about yet another secret project. There seem to be enough changes in D:OS2 that they might even get problems understanding their own game at some point because they are not used to the 'old way of doing things' anymore, but we'll see ;-)

I hope to get a mod out soon where I have changed this - among other things. But that does not help you in an already running game of course.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by arhustuck
Hello,

I've been playing through this game, and just got to Silverglen. However, in that town, something is wrong with Arhu - he's in his cat form walking around saying to talk to him, but I can't interact with him.

I'm guessing this isn't gamebreaking, but I have very limited playtime, and I'd really hate to miss out on normal quests my first time playing. Is there any way to fix this?

Did you speak with Arhu - in man form - when you entered Luculla Forest?

I haven't looked into the game scripts but there is a chance that Cat Arhu remains silent until the talk with Man Arhu is over.

It's not really game breaking though because Arhu only gives you some additinal story background - which you will learn other ways too - and some directions. There is a good chance that talking to Cat Arhu in Silverglen diverts you from what you should do and that is search for the White Witch. You should not loose anything if Cat Arhu does not activate.
(You get the same hints and directions later in the game from someone else, talking to Cat Arhu may divert you ...)

Minor SPOILER: pick up Brandon's quest in Silverglen before you continue the search for the White Witch even if you will not be able to do that quest for a long time ...

Last edited by FrauBlake; 26/09/16 05:59 AM.
Support
Support
Originally Posted by Superslayer7
I installed patch 1.06 and now I can't open my inventory or trade menus without the game crashing.

If you start a new game can you open the inventory? Don't move up the beach, if you want to avoid triggering any auto saves which could overwrite existing saves (though you can back them up to a flash drive).

Can you try starting the game from a different PS4 account? That will give a separate set of saves.

Originally Posted by arhustuck
something is wrong with Arhu - he's in his cat form walking around saying to talk to him, but I can't interact with him.

As stated, it's probably not a big deal (as long as he shows up normally in the homestead, etc), but do you have a save from before entering Luculla Forest, and you can reload and try entering again (heading straight to the chapel where Arhu is wander around in front of)?

A couple people reported that they could talk to Arhu when they first got to Silverglen, but a some point they were no longer able to interact with him (though he still had the voiced lines calling the Source hunters over). In that case, at least, I don't recall any problems due to that.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Hello everyone, I'm a new player to this game and just started playing it yesterday with a friend.
We played well over 8h straight and had no issues what so ever everything was going great.

But now today when i'm trying to play, I suddenly get crashes saying "Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition has stopped working" and this error comes a little now and then at random. But it ALWAYS comes when trying to load a save.

I've tried searching now for I believe a little over 6hours for an answer, re-installing the game maybe 6 times. Tried removing saves and if that would work, done complete uninstallations deleting the folder after the steam uninstallation. And updated vcredist, i've pretty much tried everything I have been able to find.

It is so weird to me that yesterday it was running fine for 8hours straigth and now I cannot find a solution to an issue I never had yesterday.

Me and my friend got so anxious to play that we even remade our starting classes and tried starting all over again but I crashed again with a random crash and not a load or save.

So now I'm really hoping there is someone who can help me with this issue so I can play this game that I really enjoyed for the first 8hours.

Thanks in advance.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Hm, I'm sure Raze will come in soon to help as he always does. He knows ALL the possible problems ;-)

Until then, I don't know if it can have or has something to do do with it, but just to be sure, check your hardware, most of all, make sure the GPU temperature is not too high.

Support
Support

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game? Firewalls have caused conflicts (generally on loading screens) and overlays from graphics tweaking/monitoring programs or chat programs have also caused issues.

If you check the Event Viewer, does that give an error code or 'Faulting Module' file name that might help identify the cause of the crash?
- click Start (or WinKey-R or WinKey-W in Win 8), then type "event viewer" into the search box. in Windows 10, 'event' should bring up 'View event logs'.
- after starting the Event Viewer, expand 'Windows Logs' in the left column and select 'Application'
- in the center column, look for a recent error (maybe sort by Date and Time) for the game
- check the information under the 'General' tab below the list of events, starting with "Faulting application name..."

If applicable, disable Steam cloud support either globally (in the client click on the Steam menu and select Settings, and then Cloud) or just for this game (in the library right click Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition and select Properties, then switch to the Updates tab and check the Steam Cloud section).

Next, try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing. With Steam cloud support enabled, Steam would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.
After that, start D:OS, create a new profile and see if you can start a new game and save/load. If that works, exit and then copy a couple saves from the renamed folder into the newly created profile's savegames_patch folder. If that lets you load the saves, move the rest of the saves over.
If a new profile doesn't help, delete the new My Documents D:OS EE folder and rename the original back again.

Did your friend try hosting? You can email one or more saves (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) to continue from any of the saves that you made, and still have.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames_patch' folder.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I have tried disabling steam cloud, and changing saves, I even tried from scratch without steam cloud. I've done most of everything, I don't use a Firewall or Antivirus software. I have not tried having my friend use the saves though, but not sure how that would help since these crashes can occur for me even in the Main Menu when clicking around sometimes.

Thinking about it some more I realised that I did make one change to my monitor but not sure how that would be of any kind of difference. I put Digital Vibrance to 100% as I usally have it at 100% instead of 50% as it was my first night.

The event viewer info I get is as follows (If you can understand more then me of the info)

Faulting application name: EoCApp.exe, version: 2.0.119.430, time stamp: 0x56fd2c80
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.206, time stamp: 0x57dac9f3
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x0000000000017788
Faulting process id: 0x160c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d21e76954fd3d9
Faulting application path: G:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Shipping\EoCApp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: a5cba8f4-713c-4e31-b2a9-66f9cbe25d61
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Thanks in advance.

Page 45 of 57 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard