Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
SlamPow Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Can we have a moment of silence for Paladin Cork? He wants nothing but the most humane treatment possible for us sourcerers, and once he finds out we're being mistreated, immediately takes action to right this wrong. He's such a bro, too; he even fights alongside us without knowing anything but the fact that we wear a source collar. My only regrets are that #1, he's not a companion; and #2, we didn't meet in a serene meadow, where I could meet his gentle eyes, then run to him for a warm embrace as he spins me arou- I mean, #2 I couldn't thank him properly.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
biggrin

I liked Paladin Cork and had such a sad when he had an accidental demise that I had to replay that particular bit of the game. I'm not sure I can quite imagine him skipping through a serene meadow but I was glad to see him merrily giving the evil guys a kicking. What a dude.

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
It's so nice that this smal character left such a big impact^^.

Last edited by Zelon; 26/09/16 06:49 PM.
SlamPow Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A big impact is right! Who knows what's next! Either A) he finishes his investigation, and brings hell down upon Fort Joy, or B) He... well... I killed every magister to ensure that there are no negative alternatives. But the implications! Imagine being in the final fight, bleeding from your lip while all your skills are on cooldown, the big bad about to smite you with his righteous fury, and then... BOOM! Paladin Cork and the Paladin Order swoop in, riding glistening white steeds, and start cracking heads and taking names. And while the paladins swarm the roaring boss, Paladin Cork offers you a hand, and your choices are to take it or take it fervently, and then you get the option to lean in for a passionate -
Actually, maybe he's just a side character.

stranger
stranger
I love Paladin Cork! I just about had to change my pants after the Arhu name drop, though.

veteran
veteran
I don't know. The guy just got killed within two turns. He was maybe noble, but still a dead fool.

Last edited by LordCrash; 26/09/16 10:55 PM.

WOOS
SlamPow Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Yeah, dead is right. It took me at least three tries to save him; the first time, he just got wailed on and whacked, and the second time I saved him, and he started dialogue, then instantly lost reputation with me and flew into combat for some reason. There might have been another try, but I did finally end up rescuing him, and it looks like it was definitely worth it. He's such a bro laugh

veteran
veteran
Guy threw an ice grenade to 2 enemies with magical armor and only got himself frozen in my game.

Not that good a first impression.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard