Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
So, I have watched streams of people playing and they skip the bedroll and often say it's just vendor trash... it so isn't @_@.

drag it to your action bar and click it after battles, or when someone is hurt. it heals everyone around the user. Has a 6 turn cooldown and can only be used out of combat.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
It kind of is trash though. With the abundance of healing skills and their quick cooldown out of combat, I find it more annoying to use the bedroll than to just turn to my go to restoration spells. Maybe they have some uses in like the first 30 min of the campaign. After that I don't even bother to pick them up to sell.

How is a single click with no animation or animation lock to heal an entire party slower than using healing skills?

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
the bedRoll least the one I had also had infin uses ^_^ and if used right before battle gave a rested buff for 3 turns that gave +1 in stats I think it was.

Exactly, pick one up one each character and throw it on the action bar. Use it the entire game after a combat to heal or just before a combat and give everyone that buff. It's convenient, It's awesome!

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I guess what I mean to say is, when it's just an out of combat mass healing that you can also get with a group heal for free it's quite underwhelming. If they buff it a bit with say, a long lasting rest bonus like Ellary suggested it'd make it more interesting.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Online Sleepy
Duchess of Gorgombert
I never realised that. That's quite cool really, I'm too lazy (well, more disorganised often) to cast sometimes multiple healing spells on everyone after an encounter.

J'aime le fromage.
A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by M3SS3NG3R
I guess what I mean to say is, when it's just an out of combat mass healing that you can also get with a group heal for free it's quite underwhelming. If they buff it a bit with say, a long lasting rest bonus like Ellary suggested it'd make it more interesting.

But it does have a rest bonus...?

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
That rest bonus lasts 3 turns! You can barely walk two steps out of fort joy never mind actually getting into a fight before it disappears. Not "long lasting" at all man.

Last edited by M3SS3NG3R; 01/10/16 08:32 PM.
veteran
veteran
It's a free, portable, unlimited full-party heal. What more could you ask?

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I'm asking for something that differentiates it from all the other free, portable, unlimited heal skills we already have. For example, bonus that is actually useful instead of the paradoxical design of a short term buff for an out of combat item.

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by M3SS3NG3R
I'm asking for something that differentiates it from all the other free, portable, unlimited heal skills we already have. For example, bonus that is actually useful instead of the paradoxical design of a short term buff for an out of combat item.

So if it was longer it'd be fine? Say....6-8 turns?

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
No, it needs to be significantly longer than that. Thinking on the average time between combat encounters in the campaign I'd say more in the range of 50 to 100 turns. To balance it out perhaps make it a limited use consumable.

TBH the whole design of the bedroll is kinda meh. At this point its whole existence is a very minimum convenience and nothing more. If it was up to me I'd redesign it to be an out of combat item that can only be used when all party members are in sight of each other (ie: everyone's grouped up) and make it trigger a "sleep" screen that replenishes health in the background in the vein of old infinity engine games. Then you can add optional special dialogues, quests and events that happen during sleep (ie: banter between party members, bandit attacks etc) and actually make it interesting once in a while.

Ellary Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
eep. well the item works well for me and my friend. We play very cautious and always looking a head. We will move close to an enemy then use the bedroll before one of us attacks. then for 2 turns we have the rested buff ^_^ doesn't seem like much, but for an item we found for free it's great. I guess everyone has their views on whats good and bad.

I mainly made the thread to let people know it had a use, since so many streamer have been saying it was not a usable item.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
It's a great quality of life addition. There was a popular mod for the first one that added individual potions that did the same thing. Less micro-management makes the game better in every way.

veteran
veteran
Nice to know, but probably won't use anyway. No need for.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Oh, I didn't know that it's for your whole party. Good to know.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I use the bed roll right before each combat to get the stat buff. The stat bonus scales to level. At level 4, I get +3 to Strength, Finesse, and Intelligence. If you use it right before combat, it lasts long enough, especially considering the bed roll has infinite uses.

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Darxim
I use the bed roll right before each combat to get the stat buff. The stat bonus scales to level. At level 4, I get +3 to Strength, Finesse, and Intelligence. If you use it right before combat, it lasts long enough, especially considering the bed roll has infinite uses.

What this guy said ^^ Honestly, if they made the bonus longer it'd kinda be overpowered. Like they should just give me the bonus permanently at that point with how often itd persist well into combat

enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't think it needs the stat bonus even.
It was impossible to heal out of combat in DoS1 without a healing spell, and this item being available early in the game solves that problem, which is great.
The stat bonus means an optimal player would want to pop it right before fights, which is a bit of a pain.

Also, the bedroll has no cast time or cost, and hits the whole party. If a fight ends, and a couple of your guys are about to die to bleed, poison, etc., it's a great way to stabilize them all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard