Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
I totally get it... and again... I'm sorry for the spamming!! I'm just so excited to see your mod..
I played the game a long ago and coming back to the game with these changes is just so very exciting smile
I don't mind to start a new game... In fact I really want to play the game anew with a friend... so no problem there smile

Last edited by FreyaM; 30/09/16 02:36 PM.
F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by FreyaM
I totally get it... and again... I'm sorry for the spamming!! I'm just so excited to see your mod..
I played the game a long ago and coming back to the game with these changes is just so very exciting smile
I don't mind to start a new game... In fact I really want to play the game anew with a friend... so no problem there smile

If you don't mind that, the big version will be with 6 party members, although henchmen removed.
But it takes time to make it and currently I'm still very busy with the normal version.

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
Uploaded version 0.5.1.0 with lots of changes.

Craft an ingame book with the changelog by executing the following crafting recipe:
Crafter statue + sheet of paper: Changelog book
Requires no Crafting or Blacksmithing.

2016-10-01: v.0.5.1.0
Changelog
- version number changed
- Big update, requires a table of content ;-)

Table of contents
-----------------
I.) Changelog introduced
II.) Book content updates
III.) Treasure changes
IV.) Exchange recipes
V.) New crafting recipes
VI.) Changes to existing recipes
VII.) Crafting requirement changes
VIII.) New Skill
IX.) Story script change
X.) Bugfixes

I.) Changelog
-------------

Introduced a 'change log' for potential future updates.
Please use the following crating recipe to create a new book with the change log.
Crafter statue + sheet of paper: Changelog book

I will not update game scripts and add this book in new games, because it might break existing savegames. So new games need to craft that book too if players want to read it.

II.) Book content updates
-------------------------

I have updated book contents and might do that in the future if necessary. Those changes should be visible in existing save games as well as in new games.
- added info about Drain Willpower to the 'Mod Changes' book: Drain Willpower lowers Willpower by 3 instead of 5
- added a recipe list to Cook Morris' Notes

III.) Treasure changes
----------------------

- added barrel lids to barrels with a 10% chance to drop; could not test it in my own save yet because I had already exhausted all barrels in Cyseal ;-)
- added Tactical Retreat skillbook to ranger skillbook traders

IV.) Exchange recipes
----------------------

If you start a new game, you can ignore this part because you should not be affected.

For players using this update with existing saves: Save your game before doing any of the following modifications. Check if everthing went right and if not, reload.
The following updates are not strictly necessary but might make some things easier for you.

There have been some problems with (recipe) books inside bags being invisible and shifting the tooltip order or other items. I do not know the reason for this but I guess it has something to do with the game being unable to really handle books with more than 10 pages well, unlike some earlier game patch notes said.
There has always been a problem in Divinity with containers which have more than 80 slots taken, and it looks like problems with many-page books can occur even before 80 occupied slots.
I made some changes to item distribution and provide a 'compatibility feature' for existing savegames.

The changes are:
1. recipe books no longer go to any bag and all go to the paperwork container if 'Sent to Homestead'
2. info books no longer go to any bag (they went to the paperwork container before already)
3. magic inkpot & quill, empty scrolls and empty skillbooks now go to the scrolls bag instead of the crafter bag
4. the crafter axe no longer goes to any bag but stays in the main inventory (this is more a convenience feature)
5. Man-at-Arms, Scoundrel and Expert Marksman scrolls, that are not actual scrolls but 'skill descriptions', now go to the scrolls bag
6. all crafting tools now go to the tools container in the homestead instead of ingredient containers

These changes are automatic in every new game. For existing savegames you have to use one of the 'exchange recipes' (see below) to make the changes.
The 'exchange recipes' simply replace an item by another one which is exactly the same. Might sound stupid, but there is no other way to do this. Internally, those items will be different things.
I tested automatic exchange of items but that did not work.
All exchange recipes can be executed without any point in Crafting or Blacksmithing.

1. Recipe books

a) use the Magic Bags Control skill to deactivate automatic suck-in (the 'Clean' icon on the character portrait must be there)
b) find the recipe books or get them from a container you put them in
c) go to the crafter statue and open it for crafting (right-click it and select 'Combine' to open the crafting window)
d) put all recipe books into the crafting slot one after the other; you will get a 'Recipe Collection' from each book.
e) recreate the recipe books from the 'Recipe Collections' by excuting the following recipes in the crafting window:
(note that the used tools and facilities are always the new ones, the recipes will not work with a regular ooze barrel for example; I used tools that I am sure you have)
# Collection + Crafter Hammer: Armor recipe book
# Collection + Crafter Knife: Arrows recipe book
# Collection + Cook's Blender: Cooking recipe book
# Collection + oil barrel: Grenades recipe book
# Collection + ooze barrel: Crafting Ingredients recipe book
# Collection + blacksmith hammer: Blacksmith Ingredients recipe book
# Collection + distiller: Potions recipe book
# Collection + magic paper scalpel: Scrolls recipe book
# Collection + anvil: Shields recipe book
# Collection + whetstone wheel: Weapons recipe book
If you create a duplicate by accident, just convert it back to a 'Recipe Collection' on the crafter statue.

2. Info books

Create the new Changelog book from a sheet of paper on the crafter statue (mentioned above already).
Use the same steps as for the recipe books. A different kind of base item - an 'Information Book Pages' - will be created, needed to create the info books.
Recipes to recreate the books:
# IB Pages + anvil: 'Mod Changes' book
# IB Pages + whetstone wheel: 'Crafting Changes' book
# IB Pages + distiller: 'Mod Main Features' book
# IB Pages + crafter/blacksmith hammer: 'Tips' book
If you create a duplicate by accident, just convert it back to a 'Information Book Pages' on the crafter statue.
Since you might not want to recreate all info books, there is a recipe to convert an 'Information Book Pages' back to a sheet of paper. You guessed it, just combine it with the crafter statue ;-)

3. Magic Inkpot & Quill, Crafter Axe

If you don't have any of the tools, ignore this.
# crafter statue + magic inkpot & quill: magic inkpot & quill (one that goes to the scrolls bag instead of the crafter bag)
# crafter statue + crafter axe: crafter axe (one that no longer goes to any bag but stays in the main inventory)

4. Empty scrolls and skillbooks

Please follow the instructions here or it will most likely not succeed. You have two ways to do things:
I) use all your empty scrolls and skillbooks and you're done; new added empty scrolls and skillbooks should automatically go to the scrolls bag from this point
II) exchange them with exchange recipes, which is kind of a tedious process
All empty scrolls and skillbooks can be converted on the crafter statue. But since they stack, you have to split them up and craft them one after the other.
The safest way to do this is:
- Split them on character 1.
- Move ONE scroll or skillbook to character 2
- character 2 combines the scroll with the statue
- character two moves the created scroll either to character 3 or any container NOT in his/her inventory
- repeat until all empty scrolls and skillbooks have been converted

If only a single scroll is not converted, there is a great chance for all newly added scrolls of that type to loose the new property to go to the scrolls bag.

5. Expert Marksman, Scoundrel and Man-at-Arms crafting scrolls

There are no recipes for direct conversion, but you can of course convert them the regular ways, e.g. into a skillbook, or scratch the spell off with the Magic Scalpel. This will create a new empty scroll.
Make sure you do the conversion AFTER the conversion of all empty skillbooks and empty scrolls.

6. Crafting Tools

You can exchange all new crafting tools to no longer go to ingredient containers but to the Tools cage.
Renew them on the crafter statue.

V.) Added Crafting Recipes
---------------------------

'Axe', 'oven', 'crafter hammer' etc. always mean one of the new tools, the recipes will not work with regular axes, furnaces, etc.

- oil bottle
# oil barrel + empty bottle: bottle with oil (you no longer need the regular oil barrel for that, can send it to the homestead again ;-)

- potion dumping
# ink pot + distiller: empty potion bottle

- crafted bracers
# cloth scraps + crafter hammer: cloth bracers
# leather scraps + crafter hammer: leather bracers
# plate scraps + blacksmith hammer: metal bracers
Possible boosts are Vitality, Lockpicking and Pickpocketing with Crafting/Blacksmithing 5 and additionally Perception with ability level 6.

- crafted shields
If barrel lids really drop from barrels, you can use
- barrel lid + rope: crafted wooden shield
This recipe already exists in the game, but boosted outputs with Crafting 5 and 6 have been added.
- lucky charm: Crafting 5/6
- movement: Crafting 5/6
- crippled immunity: Crafting 6
- petrified immunity: Crafting 6
- stun immunity: Crafting 6
Block chance of the shields decreased a little bit compared to the standard game, strength requirements removed to help shield/wand and dagger/wand.
Since the shields only existed theoretically before, the decreased block chance is no nerf - and it's very little ;-)

- weapon deconstruction:
# oven + tenebrium hammer: steel bar
# oven + two-handed tenebrium hammer: large steel bar
# oven + hammer: iron bar (the 'tool-hammer', the one that's lying around everywhere)
# axe + cooking pan: metal scraps (the cooking pan is a club internally)
# axe + all other clubs*: branches, wood scraps, metal scraps or nine inch nails (or combinations, dependent on the club type)
# axe + crafted hammers: branch and steel bar
# axe + crafted two-handed maul: branch + large steel bar
# axe + spear: branch + butter knife (including tenebrium spears)
# axe + fishing rod: rope
# axe + broom: branch + scraps
# axe + staff: 2 branches
# axe + bow: branch + bow string (including tenebrium bows)
# axe + crossbow: branch + bow string + iron bar (including tenebrium crossbow)
The recipes give back the ingredients needed to craft the same weapon type, with the exception of clubs. There are so many different types of clubs with different looks that I decided to make their deconstruction materials correspond somehow with their looks.
(e.g. the 'tool hammer' looks like an iron bar with a branch attached, so it deconstructs to an iron bar; for this hammer, you don't get a 'free branch' because a) a branch would burn in an oven and b) there are too many of them lying around.)
As with swords and axes on an oven, the requirement is either Crafting or Blacksmithing 1, for tenebrium versions, the requirement is 2. Crossbow deconstruction has a requirement of 2 and 3, because you get 3 ingredients from them.
I still don't know what to do with daggers, especially tenebrium daggers, and what to do with wands.
* 'Clobbering Time' and 'King Gungir's Morning Star' have not been added to disassembling

- armor deconstruction:
# axe + cloth armor: cloth scraps
# axe + robe: cloth scraps
# axe + leather armor: leather scraps
# axe + metal armor: metal scraps
# axe + garment: cloth scraps
# axe + cloth cap: cloth scraps
# axe + leather helmet: leather scraps
# axe + metal helmet: metal scraps
Requirements are Crafting 1 for cloth and leather outputs and Blacksmithing 1 for metal outputs.
All cloth and leather outputs can also be made with the crafter knife (added for the role players ;-)
Deconstruction of of boots and bracers is hard because it would require massive internal changes and addition of crafting recipes.
Belts could maybe be added to deconstruction if the output was only a rope.
Rings and amulets count as armor internally, but it's even harder to find reasonable outputs for their deconstruction.

- shield deconstruction:
# axe + wooden shield: rope + wood scraps
# axe + metal shield: rope + metal scraps

VI.) Changes to existing recipes
-------------------------------

- bow strings can no longer be made from any sinew but only from normal ones. Cut strong sinews to 2 normal ones with the crafter knife, you'll only gain ;-)
- dex potions can no longer be made with strong sinews but only with normal ones
- dex debuff potions can no longer be made with strong sinews but only with normal ones

VII.) Crafting requirement changes

Some recipes had their requirements lowered, because I thought they were too high.

- paper knife + paperwork book: physical skill scroll -> Crafting 6 to 2
- metal scraps + metal scraps: iron bar -> Blacksmithing 6 to 4
- scale scraps + scale scraps: plate scraps -> Blacksmithing 6 to 4
- blacksmith axe + iron bar: metal scraps -> Blacksmithing 6 to 4
- blacksmith axe + steel bar: scale scraps -> Blacksmithing 6 to 4
- blacksmith axe + large iron bar: 2 iron bars -> Blacksmithing 6 to 4
- blacksmith axe + large steel bar: 2 steel bars -> Blacksmithing 6 to 4
- field kitchen + plate scraps: steel bar -> Blacksmithing 6 to 4
- barrel + distiller: oil/ooze barrel -> Crafting 6 -> 4 (the end product of the crafting chain with 10 fish or 5 mushroom)
- magic paper knife + empty skillbook: 2 empty scrolls -> Crafting 6 to 5

VIII.) New Skill
----------------

- new skill 'Tactical Retreat': Expert Marksman, Adept, 4AP, 4-3 turns cooldown, Range 15m (not 20m, like in Classic, but like Cloak and Dagger)
- level 3 Marksman recommended to remove AP penalty, requires level 3 to learn
- the scroll and skillbook can be crafted with Crafting 3, the Skillbook has been added to the ranger traders in Cyseal and Silverglen
- the skillbook will not show up with traders immediately but should show up on the next reasure generation
- no promise that it will actually show up in existing savegames, but I think it will (like the barrel lids)

IX.) Story script change
-----------------------

- changed some story script with the old info and recipe books; for me, the game still worked, although it could not pick up the changes (thus the exchange recipes)
- changed some story code with respecc; respecc will re-grant the free Pet Pal talent to players now; I'm not sure, if existing save games can pick up the change; if you don't respec, you're not affected; companions are not affected because they don't get Pet Pal in the first place

X.) Bugfixes
--------------

- changed the description of empty Man-at-Arms scrolls, they no longer refer to Scoundrel scrolls as an output (thanks to Azreal@Steam)

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
0.5.1.1 added previously forgotten tool renewal recipes

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
v. 0.5.1.2: missing name for Winged Feet scroll and skillbook added

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-10-02: v. 0.5.1.3

- inert dolls and voodoo dolls can now be stacked; this change should apply to existing ones too

- reorganized a lot of crafting recipes to enable crafting stacks of items from the Recipes page of the crafting window; works with existing saves
# removed 'Quill' from recipe list because you need that recipe exactly how many times in the game ? once ! and not even 'once' might be required
# removed nine inch nails from 2 keys from the recipe list because it's too dangerous to craft them from the recipes page
# removed all crafted skillbooks from recipe list because they only blow up the list with little to no gain gain

- massively reduced the weight of grain sacks because an (almost) empty grain sack can not have the same weight as a full oil barrel, it's ridiculous ;-)

- recipe changes:
# broken bottles can now be created with both Crafter and Blacksmith hammer

- reduced the requirements for a lot of crafting recipes (works with existing saves)
# iron bar + crafter knife: 10 arrowheads -> Crafting 6 to 3
# arrow + tong: arrowhead -> requirements removed (means the worthless arrow that you get when you combine a blank arrowhead with an arrow shaft)
# arrowhead + new oven: fire arrowhead -> Crafting 6 to 5
# water arrowhead + bluegill mushroom; freezing arrowhead -> Crafting 6 to 5
# metal/plate scraps + crafter hammer: empty cylinder/grenade -> Crafting 6 to 4
## sorry, cannot enable crafting them with the blacksmith hammer, because it is used for armor/bracer crafting with those ingredients already
# oven + empty cup/mug/lab bottle/plate/broken bottle/vial: empty bottle -> Crafting 6 to 4
# soap + stack of plates: 25/50 plates -> Crafting 6 to 2
# blacksmith axe + large iron/steel bar: 2 iron/steel bars -> Blacksmithing 4 to 2
# metal scraps + metal scraps: iron bar -> Blacksmithing 4 to 2
# scale scraps + scale scraps: plate scraps -> Blacksmithing 4 to 2
# distiller + (large) steel bar: (large) iron bar -> Blacksmithing 6 to 5
# oil barrel + wood scraps: inert voodoo doll -> Crafting 6 to 1
# magic paper knife + scroll: empty scroll -> Crafting 6 to 5

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-10-03: v. 0.5.1.4

- fixed an issue where crafting gear from the Recipes page of the crafting window could crash the game
- controlled all other weapon, armour and shield creation recipes, I think I caught them all

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-10-03:

- fixed a bug that caused the ooze barrel to be destroyed when crafting a poison potion

No new version

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-10-03:

- grenade ingredients showed a strange behaviour when crafted from the recipe page

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-10-04:

- cup of oil should now be craftable on the new oil barrel

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-10-04: v. 0.5.1.5

- changed the recipe for poisoning roasted pork on the ooze barrel to include all roasted pork
- version number finally changed
- ingame changelog updated

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-10-04: v. 0.5.1.6

- made new Witchcraft skill 'Painful Distraction' official, because I noticed it had slipped through, which should not have happened
- Painful Distraction, Adept, a sphere that hits an enemy and jumps to 4 further enemies withing 6m, 10-8 turns cooldown, 6AP
- was supposed to replace Rapture which will go away in a future version
- updated treasure tables to include the skillbook with Witchcraft traders in Silverglen and homestead
- no crafting recipe yet because I'm lazy ;-)
- updated treasure tables to increase drop chance for Lucky Charm

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-10-04: v. 0.5.1.7

Changes to upgradeable weapon kits. There is a problem with the way, weapon kits are upgraded. Sometimes those weapons disappear due to the way they are made.
So I changed the way those kits are made, trying to make it compatible with existing saves.

What you need to do:
Exchange the base weapon by combining it with the crafter statue. Requires neither Crafting nor Blacksmithing.
After you exchanged the weapon once, you will have no further steps to do. ... hopefully ;-)

Exchanging weapons should not be required in new games, but best save before combining. Report if some things don't work.

Additional changes:
- reduced the requirement for splitting large iron and steel bars from Blacksmithing 2 to 1
- fought my laziness and added Painful Distraction scroll and skillbook crafting recipes (requirement Crafting 4)

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-10-04: Re-uploaded new version with some internal crafting rearrangement, because icons showed some weird behaviour.

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-10-07:

- two debuff icons fixed

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-10-08: v. 0.5.1.8

- added recipes to craft armor and movement boost on metal armor with Blacksmithing in addition to the existing recipes with Crafting
- no change to the recipes themselves
- removed movement penalty of the best crafted shield (the one crafted with Crafting 5+) and added +1 Shield Specialist; compatible with existing saves

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-10-10:

- very minor change to the recipe to cut empty skillbooks to empty scrolls to enable mass crafting from the recipe page

No re-download necessary, compatible with existing saves.

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-10-11: v. 0.5.1.9

- changed the cyclop floaters in the swamp in Phantom Forest back to the behaviour they had in Classic

This change should be compatible with existing saves, quickly tested this in my own game. Of course only if you have not killed them yet.

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-10-12:

- small bugfix, Weapon Kit Staffs can now be improved with crafting recipes like all other staffs.

F
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
F
2016-10-12: published to Nexus (for non Steam users)

Mod Download

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard