Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Lurk Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Is the black cat who follows you supposed to lead to a quest or do anything special? I got the sense it wasn't working right, or maybe just unfinished.

In my game (version alpha v2.0.165.341), it follows after meeting me, and I could talk to it with Pet Pal and learned it was disoriented and confused. Also I couldn't talk with Buddy while the cat was around.

At some point it just disappeared, though, I think between save+quit on one day and loading the save file on the next day. I don't recall it being killed in any combat by enemies, and I definitely never attacked it.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm imagining all will be revealed in the fullness of time! Quite a few people have wondered about the cat, me included: I've noticed it, befriended it and then eventually noticed it again for not being there.

Maybe it's the cheese vendor's familiar.

J'aime le fromage.
addict
addict
I like the kitty, but it's corrupted clearly or under someone spell. Sadly the cat isn't very smart in my game and likes to walk on fire or poison.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I really like the cat and went through a number of hoops to keep it alive. However, it also disappeared for me after I saved and closed the game. I've gone back to look for it, but it doesn't seem to have reappeared where you met it. It's simply gone. I'm hoping this vanishing act is a bug rather than a promising but disheartening side event.

As an aside, if the cat is really intended to be potentially kept with the party for an extended period of time, I will absolutely go way out of my way to keep it with me.

A
addict
addict
A
Originally Posted by Aurah
I really like the cat and went through a number of hoops to keep it alive. However, it also disappeared for me after I saved and closed the game. I've gone back to look for it, but it doesn't seem to have reappeared where you met it. It's simply gone. I'm hoping this vanishing act is a bug rather than a promising but disheartening side event.

As an aside, if the cat is really intended to be potentially kept with the party for an extended period of time, I will absolutely go way out of my way to keep it with me.

I refuse to finish my solo rogue run till I figure out the black cat problem!

Did anyone ever figure this out? I want to keep it alive, but having it around prevents me from using a lot of spells...

Chaotic neutral, not chaotic stupid.
veteran
veteran
Perhaps it nothing ready right now.

L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
Not being able to figure out what the cat is for (if anything) is hardly a technical problem.

If your game crashed every time your character saw the cat - that would be a technical problem.

For me the cat always disappears after some point. That isn't a technical problem - I just haven't figured out what circumstance. That is my problem - not a problem with the game.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I love the part you talk to a dog while the cat is no longer with you and he react like there is a cat with you... its a bug 100%

E
stranger
stranger
E
I watched it walk away in the town and vanish into thin air. I don't believe there is any side event killing it off, or anything, it simply vanishes at a certain point.

Last edited by EvilKitsune; 01/06/17 03:35 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't think that's a bug, as it's been in since extremely early on in the game / alpha, as in has happened again and again in virtually every version of the Alpha so far. Usually happening at roughly the same point (Near a tent).

I think it is going to lead to something interesting / important later in other acts.

old hand
old hand
It walks away and vanishes if it gets disconnected from the character it first comes in contact with.

If that character teleports, walks into any dungeon beneath the Fort, or otherwise disengages that proximity connection.

It waits for you outside of elves cave, but any other such disconnection causes it to bug out. Literally.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Just a idea, but maybe it's arhu? I can't remember what colour cat he was, but that could be really interesting cross over, like maybe he didn't age because he went to the End of Time, or used the End of Time to travel through it?

enthusiast
enthusiast
im thinking they are reserving their arhu cameo for later considering the lines paladin cork has.

Rogues are the best
old hand
old hand
I thought that may be the trick of it, but maybe not.
In any case, it seems the Cat is some kind of other creature who has been in a cat form too long, judging from little dialogues you can get from it.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard